Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-24-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Pick-up truck owners

I am looking at putting a tailgate light on my truck and am wondering if anyone here has done this. I have looked on line and have found numerous lights at a large price range. Can anyone suggest a brand/company to go with??? I am in need of the 60 inch light. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pick-up truck owners

I know as far as truck lighting recon is a very reputable brand, but they tend to be on the spendier side. I don't have any personal experience to add though. Sorry
Old 12-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I dont mind spending a little more for quality, as long as it lasts.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
I am looking at putting a tailgate light on my truck and am wondering if anyone here has done this. I have looked on line and have found numerous lights at a large price range. Can anyone suggest a brand/company to go with??? I am in need of the 60 inch light. Thanks in advance.
What truck and what kind of light are we talking about? The long ones that go under the tailgate or the shorter ones that usually come factory on duallies? I'm not a big fan of the long led ones under the tailgate. I see more of them half burnt out than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikk50 View Post
I know as far as truck lighting recon is a very reputable brand, but they tend to be on the spendier side. I don't have any personal experience to add though. Sorry

Recon is ok. Definitely spendier. I have recon cab lights and haven't had an issue.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Thats why I am asking William. I am looking for the light under the tailgate. Is there a quality difference between the 60 inch and the 12 inch???
Old 12-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Boz
In Vino Veritas

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Thats why I am asking William. I am looking for the light under the tailgate. Is there a quality difference between the 60 inch and the 12 inch???
Well I personally wouldn't go with the 60". Like I said, almost every time I see one they are half burnt out. I have seriously considered the smaller one though. And Recon is a good brand to go with. I tend to lean toward the factory light that comes on the 1 ton trucks (at least on the Dodges).
Old 12-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Thanks guys, I will have to look into the smaller lights.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #8
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about

My truck is 2004. I put a Recon on when new and half burned out in 2007. I have had a Fire and Ice since 2007 and it's still working perfect. Plus it's got back up lights in it. Can't say how well the back up light part really works because I have halogen under the bumper back up lights also.

I know that Fire and Ice also has a flexible LED light strip now that can be cut to length.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 PM   #9
Boz
In Vino Veritas

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGD. View Post
My truck is 2004. I put a Recon on when new and half burned out in 2007. I have had a Fire and Ice since 2007 and it's still working perfect. Plus it's got back up lights in it. Can't say how well the back up light part really works because I have halogen under the bumper back up lights also.

I know that Fire and Ice also has a flexible LED light strip now that can be cut to length.

Ron
First hand experience Maybe they've gotten better then.