Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
sboyajian

Default Help a Marine Family in Need

I hope this is allowed and doesn't break any rules, I felt it was something that needed to be shared.

I received word from a good friend today that a very close friend of his, a marine, lost his 9 month old daughter in an accidental shooting.

While I don't know the man or his family, he is a Marine and even if he was not close friends with my close friend, that would be enough. Here is the message from my friend Carl.

Quote:
A US Marine family that is very close to my family lost their 9-month old daughter in an accidental shooting. The family needs help (Marine pay is not the highest in the world.). If you want to donate go to any Navy Federal Credit Union <or call them> and donate to the "Makenna Memorial Fund". The Marines take care of us and keep us safe... please help take care of them.
Here is the contact page for Navy Federal Credit: http://www.navyfederal.org/contact.html

Likewise I have learned you can also send a check if you wish to:

Makenna Memorial Fund
Navy Federal Credit Union
PO Box 3000
Merrifield, VA 22119

Please do what you can to help. This family needs our support the way we ask for theirs.