Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #21
secretsquirrel
Yeah so

First Name: m
Trading: (12)
secretsquirrel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: eagle scouts

I got mine in 1996. I also renovated a pair of ball field dugouts.
secretsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:12 PM   #22
Eli18

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/pictur...pictureid=5202

found some pictures of the project before and after repairs cant see it in the pictures but we also restored a basket ball court
Old 02-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #23
WyoBob
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bob
Trading: (1)
WyoBob will become famous soon enough

I got my Eagle around 1958 or 59, can't remember for sure. We had a very active troop when I lived in Kansas City. I had 48 merit badges. I went to camp in the Ozarks. We didn't have "projects" in those days.

My dad was also an Eagle and a Scoutmaster and received the "Silver Beaver" award.

I still have my dad's sash and Eagle badge but, I've never found mine. I'm afraid it got thrown away when we moved from KC to Nebraska.

I had two daughters so was never involved in Boy Scouts. Recently, I went through all of the "stuff" required to become a merit badge counselor for our local troops here in Wyoming. I'm going to do backpacking, fly fishing, aviation and geocaching.

WyoBob
WyoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #24
Mark C
Feeling at Home

Trading: (4)
Mark C is on a distinguished road

I got mine when I was 16, just enough time left to pick up 3 palms before I turned 18. I built a bird cage. A big one, for a nonprofit group that rehabilitated injured birds of prey. I think it was something like 10' cube. I hope my boys get the scouting bug, but I've got another half a decade or so before that's even an option.
Mark C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:22 AM   #25
DougBushBC

Great to see a ton of Eagles here. I got my eagle when I was 16 in 2000. As above snagged a few palms before 18. Was Order of the Arrow and Vigil as well.

I built ~50 hand constructed "street signs" and installed them on the seawalls throughout our community to help identify which canals met with which streets. It was a hell of a lot of work (close to 1500 man hours) and our town named me community leader of the year that year for it as well.

I miss scouting a TON, when I went away for college I lost track of it all and haven't gotten back involved in the 5 years since I have been home. I really need to try harder on that one.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #26
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
Great to see a ton of Eagles here. I got my eagle when I was 16 in 2000. As above snagged a few palms before 18. Was Order of the Arrow and Vigil as well.

I built ~50 hand constructed "street signs" and installed them on the seawalls throughout our community to help identify which canals met with which streets. It was a hell of a lot of work (close to 1500 man hours) and our town named me community leader of the year that year for it as well.

I miss scouting a TON, when I went away for college I lost track of it all and haven't gotten back involved in the 5 years since I have been home. I really need to try harder on that one.
I was inducted into the Order of the Arrow but never made Eagle. I shouldn't have quit.

It's Pinewood Derby time for my son this month. Looking forward to helping with his first car.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #27
James In NC
Looks for Perfect Smoke

First Name: James
Trading: (0)
James In NC is on a distinguished road

Order of the Arrow in 1986. Tapped at Camp Bob Hardin, Saluda, NC. Eagle in 1987. Never served as a ScoutMaster, instead I served on the Council and Lodge Boards until college took the time I had available.
James In NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #28
tobii3

I quit after reaching Second Class.

Boy Scouts was jailbirds, convicts and drug users/suppliers. Quitting was the safest way out of that nightmare.

Glad to see some of y'all had better experiences.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #29
WyoBob
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bob
Trading: (1)
WyoBob will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
It's Pinewood Derby time for my son this month. Looking forward to helping with his first car.
I loved Pinewood Derby! I got to build my own. My dad was a great dad but a real klutz when it came to working with his hands. I even got to melt lead and pour it in the car body! Something must have clicked with that. Over the years, I've cast over 100,000 bullets.

My car never won but came close a time or two. Still, every race was exciting and some of the cars were grand. Even though my dad didn't help build the car, he was always there cheering me on.

WyoBob
WyoBob is offline   Reply With Quote