Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #221
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

I could tell it was a lashout, Sville, no problems, especially on the subject at hand.

In simple terms, Saban is easily the coach least likely to succeed at getting his program in trouble.
But the NCAA is a cesspool, especially at the top, and we just happen to pull for the top two teams.
As a certified HOMER, I see LSU through rose-colored glasses, much as you do the Tide. I didn't even
know they had gotten in trouble at the start of the year for over signing players. I had to read about
that one yesterday as I tried ti find out how Miles and Arkansas went together, haha. Over-signing is
not fair to the kids.

And what is it with these squirrels today?? I can't remember them eating green pecans when I was a kid? NEVER.
Now unless I brutally enforce a no fly zone in my back yard with my new Beaman break-barrel pellet gun with scope,
89 bucks at wahlmart, I end up with no nuts for the 7th year in a row. Not to mention a patio COVERED in broken up
green pecans. As it is the damage they do while I am at work alone means that I'll be lucky to have a dozen ripe pecans
this year. But I have been MERCILESS!! I quit skinning them and took to putting them in a ziplock bag in the
freezer and tossing them on trash day. Smoked a few, though, not bad.
This new pellet gun is brutally accurate, hehe. But I have two trees basically stripped again.

Last edited by OLS; 10-25-2011 at 12:12 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #222
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Thank goodness for the cocktail party, or I'd have nothing to do all weekend.
I am gonna have to go UGA, cause while I am a sometimes Bama fan, I am a NO-
times Florida fan. I know my brothers in and out of FL have florgiven me for that
already, so it's OK. Just need something to watch. Or it's back to Nashville to drink
with Bill. BUT I DO wish FL the best on the re-building.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #223
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
And what is it with these squirrels today?? I can't remember them eating green pecans when I was a kid? NEVER.
Now unless I brutally enforce a no fly zone in my back yard with my new Beaman break-barrel pellet gun with scope,
89 bucks at wahlmart, I end up with no nuts for the 7th year in a row. Not to mention a patio COVERED in broken up
green pecans. As it is the damage they do while I am at work alone means that I'll be lucky to have a dozen ripe pecans
this year. But I have been MERCILESS!! I quit skinning them and took to putting them in a ziplock bag in the
freezer and tossing them on trash day. Smoked a few, though, not bad.
This new pellet gun is brutally accurate, hehe. But I have two trees basically stripped again.
The squirrels have usually waited until the day before I look for the pecans to fall, and then they devastate my crop overnight. This year, the crows are assisting them by stripping the green pecans, tearing thru the husks, and eating the meat before it's even ready. I'm going to hang the next crow I kill in one of my pecan trees! That should give them something to think about!!!!

This year will be the fifth in a row I've failed to get any before the animals! I have 6 acres full of other trees, and the ground is littered with acorns and hickory nuts this year. Apparently they would rather run across my yard in the open and eat pecans!!! And my dog just lays there and watches the show. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

Roll Tide Roll. BTW, I'd love to see Boise State play either of us!! That would be a killin' worth seeing!!
Old 10-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #224
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Conference realignment, mascot-based edition:

http://i.imgur.com/Vay1x.jpg

Old 10-26-2011, 06:24 AM   #225
OLS
Suck It

My uncle used to epoxy ripe nuts to the picnic table and that would keep them so occupied that they
had little time to play in the trees. I have a couple of dogs that keep them in the trees, so if they drop a nut,
they just grab another. And they drop em all the time.

Football.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #226
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

We're coming to get you.....
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #227
OLS
Suck It

Are you speaking as a squirrel or a Bama fan? (see posts 223+225)

As to the Big Game, I need to warn you Bama fans, Say what you want around your friends, but lay your MONEY
down on the Tigers. This is as close to a push as I have ever seen, but the Tigers are going to come out on top.

I have been a Tiger fan since I was a kid, and never in their history have people taken them seriously enough,
and until they are hit in the face with a big purple rubber dildo, they just won't accept the truth. This is true
about a lot of teams, but keep the faces of Oregon and WVU fans in mind as you place your bets. I think all of
Bama's opponents fans realized they had no chance, but not so with the Tigers. They show up in their white-out
or gold-out gear, shake their pom-poms and bounce to the techno stadium groover songs. But until they get
smacked in the mouth a couple of times, over and over again, they just don't GET the Tigers. NO, my friend,
we are coming for YOU.......

Don't miss this chance to make some money off your bookie.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #228
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Talk about a toss up - I'm taking Florida as the dog. Hate UGA and the Gators. It's like choosing between poison ivy and chiggers.

Then there's the Cocks and the Vols. Like picking a lady to dance at the old folks home...
Old 10-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #229
OLS
Suck It

I at least have a bit of fun with USC-UT today. I like the cocktail party, too, This is rough when your team is idle.
Hard to say if one or both teams will be affected by it next week. I NEED ENTERTAINMENT THIS WEEKEND! I am
not even smoking meat this weekend cause I am SO FAT! I am trying to take every indulgence off the table and
work through this. Man I miss my cigarettes!!!

I am gonna go with Chiggers this weekend, believe it or not. Not just Lattimore being out, but D. Dooley is desparate.
(Bet LSU while you can.)
Old 10-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #230
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

SC 24 TN 10

Lattimore is out, but they do have some depth left on the running game with Brandon Wilds. Plus, without Lattimore, TN will not be stacking the box so hard. Hopefully, we'll see some more of the air game.

Another spot to watch closely is SC's Clowney vs TN's Worley. Clowney went to South Pointe High and Worley went to Northwester (my AlmaMater). They are cross town rivals and had a HUGE game last year to determine who goes to state. Northwester won. Clowney will be looking for some revenge. I am seeing a big game for him today.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #231
OLS
Suck It

I hope I get to see it tonight on CBS...if not I guess I miss it....lemme check the schedules of both teams...
Damn...it's on the douche.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #232
OLS
Suck It

Am I the only one that HATES this 'new' style of celebration that everyone seems to have to do now where they
risk broken ankles everytime they go up??
It's not going away, people jump up and bump in mid-air. You'd think the coaches would put a stop to it, it's very
dangerous. Land wrong, land on the other guy's foot or calf or ankle....It's the equivalent of playing off-
season touch football....oops, I broke my tibia, sorry coach.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #233
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Well, we knew Richt was awful. It now appears that Muschamp was woefully unprepared for a job of this magnitude. That was just an abomination of a game.

And yes, Brad, Bama is gonna whip that ass for your beloved Tigers. Book it.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #234
OLS
Suck It

I am not so sure he is over-matched, I think there has been so little continuity and a lack of a decent break,
he is just stuck in a bad cycle right now. I think he is gonna get it together. Of course, not in 2011, lol. He is in
EXACTLY the same sitcho as Derek Dooley, I think.

Bama loses....
Old 10-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #235
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Gators gave that one away.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #236
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Clemson looked horrid last night against Ga Tech
Old 10-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #237
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I was shocked to see Brantley in the game, I thought that was gonna be the nail in UGA's coffin.
I am guessing that's why he HAD TO play, to make sure you didn't lose the cocktail party game.
But it didn't work out that way. Personally I would have stayed with the backup guy that
had two or three games under his belt. But ehhh, it happened.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #238
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I think it is more of a case of playing a team that has a defense.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #239
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I was pulling hard for them. GA looks a lot better than 5 weeks ago..
Old 10-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #240
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
That's the damn truth!