Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Grand Habano Corojo #5

The Grand Habano Corojo #5... Very nice smoke, I really wish I had banded who gave it to me.

The cut - 10/10 - One of the best caps I have ever seen. Huge, I was able to cut the stick perfectly with the Palio. More cigar rollers should give us a cap this nice to work with.

Light and draw -10/10- Easy draw, perfect. The light went well and teh burn was razor sharp the whole smoke, never even hinted at getting out of line. Produced a smoke amount of 7 on a 10. Plenty to play with but not obnoxious. Some sticks actually produce to much for indoor smoking.

The taste - 8/10 - Can't tell you the flavors, just a nice corojo stick if you like them. It was though absolutly smooth, not one hint of harshness. Easy to pass through the nose. Not mild, closer to a med but not a hint of tobacco harshness. A bit one deminsional but in this smaller size, it didn't get boring. I think any bigger and it would not have been as good a smoke.

I definitly recommend if you passing through the B&M and you see them
Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
Coz77
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mark
Trading: (1)
Coz77 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Grand Habano Corojo #5

Nice review...one of my favs Volt!
Coz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #3
BeachBonsai

Volt

How would you rate the strength of this cigar?
I have smoked a number of these, I like corojo but this seems too mild.
Is is smooth to the nub thought.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
OHRD
Garage w/ couch & ashtray

First Name: Matt
Trading: (39)
OHRD will become famous soon enoughOHRD will become famous soon enough

I'll have to check these out, thanks for the review!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
njstone

Nice review! I agree, that for a nice corojo flavor, these are one of the better deals in the buisness.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz77 View Post
Nice review...one of my favs Volt!
x2
Old 10-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
RIsmoker

Has anyone here had the Gran Habano Cabinet Selection?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I love these cigars -- in my top 3. They are flavorful, have character, and are very well constructed!.

Thanks for a great review!
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Great review.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #10
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
The Grand Habano Corojo #5... Very nice smoke, I really wish I had banded who gave it to me.

The cut - 10/10 - One of the best caps I have ever seen. Huge, I was able to cut the stick perfectly with the Palio. More cigar rollers should give us a cap this nice to work with.

Light and draw -10/10- Easy draw, perfect. The light went well and teh burn was razor sharp the whole smoke, never even hinted at getting out of line. Produced a smoke amount of 7 on a 10. Plenty to play with but not obnoxious. Some sticks actually produce to much for indoor smoking.

The taste - 8/10 - Can't tell you the flavors, just a nice corojo stick if you like them. It was though absolutly smooth, not one hint of harshness. Easy to pass through the nose. Not mild, closer to a med but not a hint of tobacco harshness. A bit one deminsional but in this smaller size, it didn't get boring. I think any bigger and it would not have been as good a smoke.

I definitly recommend if you passing through the B&M and you see them
I believe I had sent you one of these a while back, but it was a 6X54 stick, but you state this is a smaller size. I love the Toro Grande size, but haven't had any of the other sizes. Didn't know they had a smaller one. Will have to look around.

Last edited by RevSmoke; 10-21-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: wrong ring guage written
RevSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #11
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

I enjoyed this one myself, I want to try the 2002 Vintage that's on the cover of the CI catalogue.
Scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Mike!!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #13
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Tks, I was wondering who had resurected this old review. It is still one of my more favorite smokes. I know what I am going to get from it 100% of the time.