Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-19-2015, 09:44 PM   #1141
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Out with the old, in with the new... The Little One got new skates today.

E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #1142
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

The Little Man left for camp in McCall, Idaho with the Skatin' Utes today as well! Here we go, time to roll on the ice again for regular season.

Three teams for the pups, 10U boys/12U girls + guest play for U14 girls for the Little One and Skatin' Utes for the Little Man. Can't wait!
Old 12-16-2015, 12:24 AM   #1143
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Lol. Micah is going old school. Rocking the 17ks. Damn things already had issues though. Had to have a local place stitch in wear patches. They won silversticks so now we are going to Sarnia to play in finals.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #1144
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

That kid and his skates....

Nice on the SS! Where is Sarnia?
Old 12-20-2015, 07:36 PM   #1145
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Not a bad last two weeks for the LO's U12 Lady Lightning team. Undefeated, last tourney didn't allow a goal.

Been playing with a U14 team, double rostered last tourney(her club u12/Park City U14) ^^^ so played 8 games in 36 hours....ugh. Came within a toe drag from sending her u14's to OT against her clubs u14's, she was a +2 with a goal and assist in a 3-2 loss.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #1146
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Shes such a monster. Two teams. Her motor must be insane. We have a kid on his team whos a ranked 1or 2 in the nation for wrestling. He travels all over the country. Kids motor is like abbys I bet.

Sarnia is just over the border from Detroit. Not to excited about it. We have to go there next month in miserable conditions Im sure then we are in Columbus in February for a Tier event. Even though we are not supposed to be tier till next year the organization wants them to participate .

Hes playing D currently . His coach has done this 2 years now. He starts the season at center, then plays a game or 2 at wing. Then plays 1/3 the season as D before going back to center. I guess its part of the ADM model. M is bored as hell back there as hes only averaging a goal a game now . Kind of annoying as only the stronger skaters have to do it. The weaker skaters get a pass.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:42 PM   #1147
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Played in a tourney far under level.... Assume we didn't know, never played it before, no idea...just go where they tell us. Boys team, no games were close, I stayed home with the dogs, wife described it as a waste of time.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:33 PM   #1148
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/pictur...pictureid=8973
The boys beat the Jr. Ducks team to take home the SquirtA state title. Huge day for the boys. SoCal parents in disbelief losing to a team from NorCal

Old 04-14-2016, 03:41 PM   #1149
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

^^^^Pure awesomeness there, Mike! Congrats to M! Bet you are on cloud 9.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:28 PM   #1150
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Photo of our son, during the :45 moment of silence prior to their game Friday night. 1 second for each year she spent on this rock.

He played a really solid game & finished off the weekend netting one against Utah State. Kid is a rock. Sending positive thoughts his way, would be appreciated.

Hug & tell the ones you love, you love 'um. So much it gets monotonous. Crazy how things change in a blink of an eye.

Last edited by E.J.; 10-17-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:49 PM   #1151
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Wow it's been a minute since I posted here. My kid graduated high school and we just dropped him at college. Here he is with his new college coach Joel Cormier when he visited Cam's U18 team last year. He's attending Eastern Kentucky University.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #1152
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

^^^Awesome, Scott!!!
Old 09-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #1153
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Very cool, Scott!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:34 AM   #1154
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Early season. Two banners and crushing with the boys(12U) and started out okay with the girls(15U), 3 games 9 points (7G/2A).

(Pic, in Denver, off camera view)
Old 12-21-2017, 09:33 PM   #1155
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Almost unbelievable start for the Little One with the girls. Has 35 goals in 12 games(a 12U playing 15U). Gets shut down regularly after the 1st, not to mention getting a shadow defender regularly(this happens with the boys as well). Wish we lived in Boston or Minnesota, would be fun to compete with far better competition & girls her age(though the girls are great friends, she’s fine age wise).

Old 01-31-2018, 11:05 PM   #1156
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Been a minute. Lifes been crazy traveling with the kid. California is the wrong state to play AAA hockey. Next week we go to Quebec for 10 days.

Had a little coaching and player drama this year but whats a youth hockey season with out it.

If anyone sees a ccm p46 in right hand shot intermediate please buy on spot. CCM causing me hell discontinuing my kids curve in anything but adult. WTF
Old 02-01-2018, 02:10 AM   #1157
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Great to "See" you, Mike! Have fun in Quebec!

I am not familiar with the pattern, but I'll look for it in the two hockey warehouses I frequent.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-06-2018, 12:50 AM   #1158
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Great to "See" you, Mike! Have fun in Quebec!

I am not familiar with the pattern, but I'll look for it in the two hockey warehouses I frequent.
Was in western chicago earlier this year for tbe ccm invitational. We should be back in Chi with a spring team or next season. Will try to set something up. Think it would be good for the kid to meet the boss.

In all honesty we Cali boys are soft. I dont know how you guys in the mid west do it. Coldest I have ever been was Chicago in winter -15 with wind abd it looked like a beautiful sunny day
Old 02-11-2018, 10:15 AM   #1159
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

I assume you’re in Canada right now, Mike. I hope it’s been a fun and successful trip so far for M.
I’ll check the Pure Hockey here for the Int 46.... They tend to have a bit of leftover stock, but don’t inventory many Int sized sticks.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:57 AM   #1160
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Was in western chicago earlier this year for tbe ccm invitational. We should be back in Chi with a spring team or next season. Will try to set something up. Think it would be good for the kid to meet the boss.

In all honesty we Cali boys are soft. I dont know how you guys in the mid west do it. Coldest I have ever been was Chicago in winter -15 with wind abd it looked like a beautiful sunny day
Hope we can get something together then, Mike. It will be warmer then too.