Wee Dram Hunter

First Name: Mike
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Islayphile is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Boycotting the NFL in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post

February through August is always the best time to be a Redskins fan.
Aint that the truth

Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #62
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Your opinions of the aims of players is speculation too, Brad. So not only do I/we not have a clue, but, no offense, neither do you! It's ALL speculation!
Yep, that's why I specifically stated this "So speculation about their aims
based on what they say to the media is useless, I think."
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #63
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Your opinions of the aims of players is speculation too, Brad. So not only do I/we not have a clue, but, no offense, neither do you! It's ALL speculation!
Yep, that's why I specifically stated this "So speculation about their aims
based on what they say to the media is useless, I think."

What's more, I think Roger Goodell killed Trayvon Martin....This Zimmerman guy is just a patsy.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #64
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ols View Post
yep, that's why i specifically stated this "so speculation about their aims
based on what they say to the media is useless, i think."

what's more, i think roger goodell killed trayvon martin....this zimmerman guy is just a patsy.
lmao!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #65
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
i got the first draft pick in our fantasy baseball league that i'm running. I've never got first draft pick in anything, ever. Yahoo must love me this year. Miguel cabrera, yeah!!!
you took cabrera over fielder or votto??????!!!!!!
Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #66
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred View Post
you took cabrera over fielder or votto??????!!!!!!
Cabrera will probably be close to Prince in HRs, best him in triples, and hit for a much better average.

Who is this Votto you speak of?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #67
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
This is what sports is all about!!!

Even a Skins fan can work himself into such a frenzy as to be excited about football! This stuff is better'n drugs.

February through August is always the best time to be a Redskins fan.
True, but THIS year will be different, haha Hahahah Bahahahahahahahaha

Oh and I got the best player in baseball with the overall #2 pick this year! KEMP! (A bit bias, but the numbers don't lie)
Old 04-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #68
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

OLS - I believe I understand your statement and I agree with you. You are not looking for a pity party or to have us join forces with you. Thankfully you live in a country where you can voice your opinion and this Forum has always been a place where we respect each other's opinions.

Unfortunately, as they are dealing with billions of dollars of annual revenues and pending lawsuits, hypocrisy raised its head for the good of the majority. As mentioned above, if the hammer didn't drop it would have been a boon for existing litigation.

Again, I agree with you up to the Martin reference, IMHO it is too soon for that joke.
Posted via Mobile Device
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #69
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
If they screw up and lose Brees, which they really deserve to at this point, I don't blame you. I wouldn't watch them either.
I'm gonna get directv, the NFL package, and go into a football coma from Thursday till Monday, watching every single NFL game every week, cause I love that sh1t.
I'm super excited to see how Griffen 3 and Luck work out, and I'm gonna watch Cam Newton tear it up, and see how Peyton does in Denver. It looks like an exceptional year coming up.
Cam is a BEAST! Gotta love a QB with that swag. Go Panthers!

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #70
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Who is this Votto you speak of?
You're going to Hell for that, Tom.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #71
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Brad, I enjoy your posts and your presence here, so I'm going to be honest here, no offense intended.
I think this thread that you have created have been similar to a few threads that I have created here, especially in the sports section. In the past, I have made a judgement and a decision and I posted it here looking for acceptance, yet there was no acceptance by the members here at CA. I still firmly stand behind my thoughts, opinions, and decisions, even if the majority here say I am wrong. I don't think that you created this thread for the sole purpose of looking for acceptance in your decision, but deep down, maybe even subconsciously, you created this thread looking for someone to back you and agree with you. It didn't happen, and it's ok. You made a decision, you can back it and at the end of the day, you can still live with yourself and accept it. That's a good thing. I may not agree with you entirely on this subject, although I do see where you're coming from, and I respect your decision.
I may be way off base here, but this thread reminds me of a few that I have started over the years. No harm, no foul either way. At the end of the day, we here are ALL friends and BOTls, and whether or not everyone agrees with you or not, we still can respect your decision.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #72
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
You're going to Hell for that, Tom.
Among other things.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #73
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Among other things.
I'm right there with ya.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #74
OLS
Suck It

I respect your opinion starscream, but no, I really just put it up there to let people know that I was pissed off about the
penalty, and for my own sake, that was the last straw. And I LOVE the Saints. Hard to imagine doing something that
counter-intuitive. Why miss football to protest a penalty against your team. I fully understand all the opinions
where people say this is a REAL problem in the league and they were warned twice and they did it anyway. Do Raiders
fans resent people thinking their team plays dirty? Do Eagles fans resent that people consider them the worst fans
in the league? It's all relative. I agree that you have to protect the pumpkins of these players WHO CHOOSE to play a
dangerous game and they do it for the money. It's all relative. I am not anti-fair play. I am anti bullying by the league
office. RIGHT OR WRONG, I resent their actions and I intend to protest.

Why I chose to make a thread on it is simple, I was frustrated by the severity of the penalty and I am a member
in good standing. I COULD do it so I DID IT. I am not looking for sympathy for me or my team.
The league can kiss my entire A$$.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #75
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I respect your opinion starscream, but no, I really just put it up there to let people know that I was pissed off about the
penalty, and for my own sake, that was the last straw. And I LOVE the Saints. Hard to imagine doing something that
counter-intuitive. Why miss football to protest a penalty against your team. I fully understand all the opinions
where people say this is a REAL problem in the league and they were warned twice and they did it anyway. Do Raiders
fans resent people thinking their team plays dirty? Do Eagles fans resent that people consider them the worst fans
in the league? It's all relative. I agree that you have to protect the pumpkins of these players WHO CHOOSE to play a
dangerous game and they do it for the money. It's all relative. I am not anti-fair play. I am anti bullying by the league
office. RIGHT OR WRONG, I resent their actions and I intend to protest.

Why I chose to make a thread on it is simple, I was frustrated by the severity of the penalty and I am a member
in good standing. I COULD do it so I DID IT. I am not looking for sympathy for me or my team.
The league can kiss my entire A$$.
Fair enough, Brad.

Insert quote here.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #76
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Well, ESPN made sure that a lot of people will be boycotting MNF this upcoming season. Holy crap, that might be the worst MNF schedule ever. The good thing is at least I won't be dragging ass into work on Tuesday morning.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #77
OLS
Suck It

Kanye West says the NFL hates black people.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-den...0948--nfl.html
Old 06-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #78
timj219
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (15)
Partagas
timj219 will become famous soon enoughtimj219 will become famous soon enough

The punishment was appropriate because the crime was aimed straight at the pockets of the other owners. Put yourself in the shoes of an owner who just signed Aaron Rodgers to a multiyear deal that includes $35 million in guaranteed money. Now another team gives a linebacker a bonus of a few 10s of thousands of dollars to injure Rodgers and his career is over. Not only are you out the $35 million but your team just went from perennial playoff contender to also-ran. Ticket sales, sponsorship deals, merchandising right in the toilet.

The Saints bounty program was a serious threat to the profitablility of every team in the league and they're lucky the penalty was no worse.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #79
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well, ESPN made sure that a lot of people will be boycotting MNF this upcoming season. Holy crap, that might be the worst MNF schedule ever. The good thing is at least I won't be dragging ass into work on Tuesday morning.
I'll be watching one of the games.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #80
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

So they reinstated the players, Brad, is the boycott over?