Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Third Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

In our first year we raised 385 sticks for the troops, last year we raised 499 sticks for the troops. I figured we should do it just the same this year.

I've created a Yahoo League the same as last year. The sign-on info is the same, I simply restarted the league.
There will be only ten players.
Buy in will be six premiums ($60.00 minimum value, NC and/or CC) and a sixer (minimum) for the troops, due prior to the first week's kickoff. There is no dollar value amount for the troop smokes. Usually, quantity is better. Absolutely no dog rockets, but know that they LOVE Acids and other flavored smokes. It's a good idea to buy (a few) nice house bundles to bust up for your weekly bets, and some premiums never hurt if you want to go that way.

Payout will be 30 smokes to first place, 20 for second place, and 10 sticks for third place. I hope we set break the 500 mark this year, that'd be insane.
I can take care of receiving/sending smokes, I've done it a few times before without a hitch and I have lots of extra storage tubs.
I do need a volunteer to take care of the bets and this thread.

I will personally put together a nice fiver for the winner of the playoff loser's bracket as an incentive to keep everyone involved to the end. If anyone wants to offer any other bonus prizes, that would kick ass. Maybe something such as "fiver for highest score for week six" or something like that.
Or "beat me this week, and I'll send a fiver to the troops". We had tons of that going on last year and it made it super fun for everyone.
The key is generosity, banter, and fun. The more prizes, the more fun it'll be. The more smokes we can gather for the troops, the more fun it will be.

If you cannot stay available for the entire season, please, please don't sign up, or find a brother or sister to step into your spot. Disappearing will just hurt what we're trying to do for the troops. We sure won't crucify you because we understand things happen, we just can't afford the normal two guys who quit after two weeks. Please take this seriously and approach it with the pride and respect the troops deserve.
You do not need to be a FF Genius to join, the guys will help you learn if necessary. The main thing is the desire to have fun and lose lots of bets so the troops win some sticks.

Live Draft is set, I can't remember the date and time right now. If you can't attend, your players will be picked for you by yahoo in the order of player ranking.

Only ten guys will be playing, I'll send invites to those who sign up.
1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)

Please give a lot of thought to the "extra" prizes. Not to belabor the point, but this league is gonna cost you some smokes if it's going to be successful, especially for the troops. So take that into consideration very seriously.
If you're a gamer, you could end up buying a number of bundles for the troops if you lose weekly bets. Or you could end up making us other knuckleheads buy lots of smokes for the troops.
It's gonna take up some of your time, and a good amount of smack talking to keep guys on their toes.
We'll use this thread as out banter thread once we get all signed up and get the league going.
Thank You for your consideration!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Third Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. chaase321 (cole)

I just missed out last year...that won't happen again!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
BeerAdvocate
BeerHunter

First Name: Travis
Trading: (45)
VR
BeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura aboutBeerAdvocate has a spectacular aura about

1. shilala (scott)
2. sofaman (scott)
3. chaase321 (cole)
4. beeradvocate (travis)
Old 08-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

1. shilala (Scott)
2. sofaman (Scott)
3. chaase321 (Cole)
4. beeradvocate (Travis)
5. Coach Deg (Mike)
Old 08-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Our live online draft is set for Sat Aug 25 7:30pm EST.
There aren't many times/dates left that look good, so we'll stick with that one unless we don't have the league full.
You guys that have signed on, please go get signed in at Yahoo asap. If I haven't sent you the username/password, just pm me.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

First Name: Jarrod
Trading: (51)
Partagas
JenksAnejo has a spectacular aura aboutJenksAnejo has a spectacular aura about

Easy money if shilala is in this league. Count me in!
JenksAnejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

1. shilala (Scott)
2. sofaman (Scott)
3. chaase321 (Cole)
4. beeradvocate (Travis)
5. Coach Deg (Mike)
6. JenksAnejo (Jarrod)

Scott...PM ME THE DETAILS NOW, or i'll have to put a wager up before we even get signed in!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

1. shilala (Scott)
2. sofaman (Scott)
3. chaase321 (Cole)
4. beeradvocate (Travis)
5. Coach Deg (Mike)
6. JenksAnejo (Jarrod)
7. Stephen (Stephen)
Old 08-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

Partagas

As stated above please stay active for the ENTIRE season. No matter if you are in the playoffs or not, if you just leave while the season is still going it allows teams to get easy wins. It really sucks when people drop out and takes a lot of fun out of it IMO.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo View Post
As stated above please stay active for the ENTIRE season. No matter if you are in the playoffs or not, if you just leave while the season is still going it allows teams to get easy wins. It really sucks when people drop out and takes a lot of fun out of it IMO.
We've dealt with that every year, Jarrod. It thoroughly pisses everyone off.
The bad part is that once a guy has quit and given away a couple freebie weeks, it's not even fair to assign his team to someone else, as the rest of the league doesn't benefit from those giveaway weeks.
League competition aside, it hoses the troops. That's completely unacceptable.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

1. shilala (Scott)
2. sofaman (Scott)
3. chaase321 (Cole)
4. beeradvocate (Travis)
5. Coach Deg (Mike)
6. JenksAnejo (Jarrod)
7. Stephen (Stephen)
8. Mattso3000 (Matt)
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo View Post
Easy money if shilala is in this league. Count me in!
He was in the Superbowl last year...
Old 08-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

Partagas

Just giving him a hard time since I'm kicking his butt at the moment in fantasy baseball!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

It's a long season, beef. All I have to do is finish in the top six for a shot at the money.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #15
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

Partagas

Just an idea, but what if we had a clause that holds teams responsible for staying active. Say if you go inactive for a while during the season then you are required to donate 10 extra troop smokes. Wanted to throw this out in the open to see what everyone thinks.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #16
TheGhoulbag

1. shilala (Scott)
2. sofaman (Scott)
3. chaase321 (Cole)
4. beeradvocate (Travis)
5. Coach Deg (Mike)
6. JenksAnejo (Jarrod)
7. Stephen (Stephen)
8. Mattso3000 (Matt)
9.TheGhoulbag (Jacob)

I figure Im doing pretty well in Fantasy Baseball I might as well take a whack at pwning fantasy football too.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #17
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Scott, I can't get logged in. Saying league not available?
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I'll get to you guys tomorrow and make sure everyone can get signed up. I just got back from New York and had to leave. I'll get us all caught up tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #19
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #20
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

HdM

Just logged in to the league...nice to see that rank from last year