Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Antonius sungrown cameroon robusto

This is a new cigar for the Dutch market, made by Intercigar and sold exclusively at Compaenen cigar shops. It is a hand made Dominican cigar with Piloto cubano ligero, Criollo 98 ligero, Viso Nicaragua,
Mata Norte ligero and Seco Criollo 98 tobacco. There are two versions, one with a sun grown Cameroon wrapper and one with an Ecuador Connecticut wrapper. Today I smoked the sun grown Cameroon robusto.

The cigar is nicely packed, a cardboard 3 pack and the cigars individually packed in cedar with a cellophane wrapper, the sun grown Cameroon wrapper looks pretty and then the nice words stop. The band is pompous and over the top, the cigar doesn’t feel as firm as I like and the predraw has the aroma of raisins.

The first flavor that I taste is unpleasant and musty mixed with light leather; the musty flavor fades away just like the leather but then? What do I taste? I don’t know, I can’t place it, mushrooms? It is a dry flavor. Intercigar produced another cigar in the past for the Dutch market and review mention polystyrene foam and this could be what the reviewers meant. It could also be the flavor of rice crackers that I taste. Anyway, it makes me feel a little nausea and it gets worse, there is a metallic aroma coming to the palette and the cigar is hot, much hotter then other cigars I have smoked in the past.

The smoke is pretty full but not nice colored, the ash is white and firm.

Would I buy this cigar again? Hell no, this cigar is only 4 Euro a piece and you can’t expect a premium cigar for that money, but this isn’t even worth the 4 bucks, I know cigars twice as cheap like the Flor de Oliva or the Vegas de Santiago puros who are so much better
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote