Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
INT
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
INT will become famous soon enough
Default E.P. Carillo Maduro Club 52

I've had my eye on this beauty for a while. The review on the Encanto on this forum got me even more psyched to try it out. I picked up three at the local shop when I went to pick up my humidor they were seasoning for me.

On looks, this thing is gorgeous. A thick, oily maduro leaf hugs the exterior. Minimal veins, a couple lumps here or there. But I don't mind. It felt robust in hand. You can tell by looking and holding it that it's a real cigar. The band on the dark wrapper just makes the package look striking.

Pre-light aroma made my mouth water. Just a classic rick cigar smell with a what seemed like a hint of molasses in there. A note I get when sniffing a well aged rum.

Upon lighting it gave out a healthy amount of smoke. Each draw was near effortless and brought in tons of smoke. It's very, very, very smooth. Liga Privada 9-ish smooth. The entire smoke had a leather undertone to it. Not overwhleming whatsoever, but it's there. Intermixed as I went down the cigar was classic rich maduro tobacco, some dark cherry, dark chocolate and molasses in there. The aroma when lit was identical. Mellow classic maduro smell with a little molasses and dark cherry. Towards the last portion the nicotine kicks into higer gear and enters the flavors. But doesn't ruin it.

Last but not least, the price. $6.99 at the B&M. I tend to rate the best cigars by whether or not I want them to end. I did not want this to end. It burned suuuuuuuper slow for a Toro. I got nearly 2 hours out this. I could've kept going. Quite simply, this is one of the if not the best cigar under $10 I've ever had, right there with the Perdomo Noir. Push come to shove I'd place it above the Noir. Bad ass cigar ladies and gentleman. I will keeping a regular supply.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E.P. Carillo Maduro Club 52

These are one damn fine smoke.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

I'm normally a maduro whore like Mac, but I actually prefer the Natural Core Lines. That said, the Maduros are still a great smoke
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Big Maduro
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
Army (Served With Honor)
Big Maduro will become famous soon enough

This sounds pretty good. I'll put it on my to try list. Thanks for the review.
Big Maduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
big pete
Going to the darkside....

Trading: (20)
PL
big pete will become famous soon enoughbig pete will become famous soon enough

Great review. I'll have to try one of these
big pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Wow! This looks good, thanks for the review, need to watch for this one.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Great Review & Pics!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

Nice Review, a must try soon...thanks
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I am saving for a box of these!
Thanks for the review, I have had their NWC and thought is was the best Connie I have ever had, and I am not typically a Connie fan. I can't wait to try the Maddies!
Old 01-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Wow! This looks good, thanks for the review, need to watch for this one.
I think I had one last night thanks to Marlon K, but not 100% sure, I took a pic, but it's on my camera since my phone sucks will upload it tonight. Mine had a 2nd band with 2011 on it.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #11
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I think I had one last night thanks to Marlon K, but not 100% sure, I took a pic, but it's on my camera since my phone sucks will upload it tonight. Mine had a 2nd band with 2011 on it.
Mickey...you enjoyed the E.P. Carrillo Dark Rituals...thank Marlon for hooking you up with a great (and expensive $ 15-19 per) stick!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

Nice review and a good drink to have with the cigar.

I burned one on my way in yesterday morning and I was flat out pleased with this cigar. My interest was peaked after reading an interview with him and the shop just happened to have boxes of his leaf. So of course this was my first Carillo.

I'm usually happy with a maduro in the fingers and this one started with great construction & appearance. Good draw, plenty of smoke, and great flavor profile. My only worry was if I'd be fine on an empty stomach. But all was well. It was a great buy and more shall come.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #13
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Just bought a box of these and had one this morning. It was a fantastic smoke; great burn, lots of smoke and very enjoyable flavors. Steve
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote