Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #21
montecristo#2
Don't Taze me Bro!

Trading: (49)
Cohiba
montecristo#2 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bad credit repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidsquirrel View Post
Going to freecreditreport dot com was a mistake, the website is a scam. You'll now be hounded to join in in some monitoring service. Always use Annualcreditreport.com.

Consumerist.com just had an article on closing credit cards, and found that the impact was minimal if any. Besides, if your credit is already in the shitter, why worry about closing unwanted cards?
lol

From someone who works in the online lead generation business, freecreditreport dot com, is a legitimate site but they do sign you up for their credit protection monitoring which is not cheap. I think you have 5 to 10 days to cancel before they start charging you (if you did indeed use their site). I believe a couple of months back after several complaints, they had to make it more clear what you are signing you up for when you get your "free" credit report.

Annualcreditreport.com - is in fact free with no obligations.

----

Do you have any credit cards? One thing you might consider is calling up some of the companies and see if they can give you a credit line increase. This will decrease your debt to available credit ratio.

The only problem with this is that sometimes they need to pull your credit for a credit line increase. Inquiries to your credit score can negatively affect your rating as well. Sometimes they can give you a small increase without checking your credit. Just ask before they do it. If they need to pull the report, just tell them no thanks, you will call back later.

Also, if you have a card with no balance, start using it for small things. $10 - $15 dollars a month and pay it off at the end of each month. It often takes 6 months of this type of actively to improve your report.
montecristo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #22
eber
Have My Own Room

First Name: Erik
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
eber will become famous soon enough

I am also in the process of fixing my credit, as I was an idiot years ago. I just got a new credit card from capital one with decent cash-back, I am using it for everything and paying it off every couple weeks because it has a low credit limit for the first few months.

to those with experience: how long did it take to get your score to come around? it has been about 2 years since I started being a responsible payee. I just got my free annual credit report and everything current looks great but I didn't opt to get the score (they wanted $14.99)

I am hoping to get a new (used) car after I graduate and not having to get a co-signer would be awesome
eber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:39 PM   #23
HelenCArmour

I wasn't always in the position I am in today. In 2017 I was almost $10,000 dollars in debt, had a credit score of 400, and I was working for minimum wage as a janitor. Being in debt is like a magnet that makes you feel like you are stuck at the starting line. It’s been a long road to get to where I am now. Until i met with a hacker online who gave me a new life. I am so grateful to him, incase someone might need the service, You can reach thi s mail or tex t (COMPUTER SEX EXPERTS at SCAMMER dot COM) or (9 4 9) 6 6 6 - 6 6 6 6
Please use me as Reference

Last edited by icehog3; 04-28-2018 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:01 PM   #24
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenCArmour View Post
I wasn't always in the position I am in today. In 2017 I was almost $10,000 dollars in debt, had a credit score of 400, and I was working for minimum wage as a janitor. Being in debt is like a magnet that makes you feel like you are stuck at the starting line. It’s been a long road to get to where I am now. Until i met with a hacker online who gave me a new life. I am so grateful to him, incase someone might need the service, You can reach thi s mail or tex t (COMPUTER SEX EXPERTS at SCAMMER dot COM) or (9 4 9) 6 6 6 - 6 6 6 6
Please use me as Reference
And we'll say goodbye now.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:27 PM   #25
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
And we'll say goodbye now.
Dammit Tom, I texted that number and got no reply. Did you feed this guy to the pissheads or something?
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:57 PM   #26
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Come on man ... I mean they come right out and say they are a hacker so it has to be real! I mean sure the Nigerian prince I sent the money to never replied back or the Prime Minster of Oil in Kenya that was a friend of my Uncle Gus' during the great Numbuttu uprising, I never heard of Gus but I just have one of those families, and I'm sure the Prince is just really busy running the Ministry of Oil and Fishing Permits, but THIS GUY ADMITS he's a hacker!!

Wait was it Dick Hacker?

I just dialed 666-666-666 and I'm pretty sure it was my ex-wife that answered.

Last edited by AdamJoshua; 04-28-2018 at 08:03 PM.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:30 AM   #27
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

I liked Helen
Old 04-29-2018, 09:27 AM   #28
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Dammit Tom, I texted that number and got no reply. Did you feed this guy to the pissheads or something?
While I am not above feeding spammers to the pissheads, in this case I merely forwarded all calls to Adam's ex-wife. I would have forwarded them to mine, but there are no phones in Hell.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote