Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #61
Resipsa

Default Re: Cool iPhone/touch Apps, what do you like?

Brainexercise
Old 10-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #62
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

bumpity
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #63
Resipsa

Everybody needs to get this app, it's so cool........

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4580433

Old 10-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #64
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I have been using Ping for 4 or 5 days and I like it.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #65
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Ok here are some of the apps I have found and kept.

CardStar-lets you enter your savings cards from places like CVS and grocery stores. Pretty cool since the card is now on my iphone and they can scan the iphone instead of the card.

Skype- since i pay for an annual subscription ( I use it at home for long distance calls) I can use this on my phone whenever I have wifi access and not use my cell minutes.

AT&T my wireless- lets you check out your account.

AP mobile- for news

Epocrates- for the pillheads on my job, it lets me identify different kinds of pills and lots of other things.

Geico- pay my insurance and view cards

Aroundme

Pocket Bible

Stickam- so i can watch all the herfs I can't be at.

Cheapgas

and Accuweather
Old 11-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #66
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

For those of us that have Navigon, they just added Traffic capability. It's an extra $20 in app purchase for the first 4 weeks, then goes to $25. One time fee.
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #67
drevim
On the inside looking out

First Name: Ian
Trading: (6)
Partagas
drevim has disabled reputation

Just got my Iphone. Have been downloading all the apps listed. Can't actually use the phone yet, have to wait for the port crew to come in tomorrow.

But, been downloading and playing enough, I'll be charging it tonight...

Thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming. Got 4 pages already.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #68
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aich75013 View Post
For those of us that have Navigon, they just added Traffic capability. It's an extra $20 in app purchase for the first 4 weeks, then goes to $25. One time fee.
What's traffic capability do, Adrian?
I tried to look at it and came up empty in every direction.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #69
aich75013
Feeling at Home

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
What's traffic capability do, Adrian?
I tried to look at it and came up empty in every direction.
It's strange that it no longer shows on Navigon's website. I saw it there the day I posted.
Basically it is supposed to help to find alternate routes if there is traffic congestion on the route that it would normally find. I haven't purchased the add-on yet, so I am not sure how well it works. I never bought it for my TomTom because it was an annual fee and I don't use my gps that often.

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/11/12/a-tri...-from-navigon/
Old 11-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #70
G G
BR549

Bolivar

just downloaded an app called "whatsapp" that is supposed to be better than ping. It's free right now.

It uses your phone number just like texting so you don't have to do separate contacts like you do in ping.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #71
Resipsa

Coolest app yet:

Ustream Broadcaster. FREE. If you have an Iphone 3G or 3GS, you can broadcast a live videostream from your phone onto your own channel you set up on the net.

Works over both WiFi AND 3G, I've already checked it out this is way cool.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #72
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
Coolest app yet:

Ustream Broadcaster. FREE. If you have an Iphone 3G or 3GS, you can broadcast a live videostream from your phone onto your own channel you set up on the net.

Works over both WiFi AND 3G, I've already checked it out this is way cool.
That sounds incredibly cool, Vic.
I don't think anyone really wants to watch me lying on the couch or sitting in my chair, but I can definately see where it'd be cool.

Yesterday I bought the Traffic Live update for my Navigon GPS app.
It saved me a solid hour by taking me around airport traffic in Pittsburgh yesterday.
Worked flawlessly, and makes the Navigon app that much more incredible.
Lisa and I both raved about how awesome it is and how much we love it the entire trip.
If there's one app that's completely and totally blown me away value-wise and by the way it works, it's been Navigon.

I've also gone through a few cases recently.
Bought the Noel and Eternity series from morething. Gorgeous cases.
The metallic paint completely defeats the phone's GPS reception and cell signal. Screwed up Lisa's phone and my phone both. Made them pretty much worthless.
Good news is that I wrote morething yesterday and they immediately wrote me back with an admission and offer to send me some different cases. All I gotta do is send the cases to them in Hong Kong, which I will eventually do.
I just traded beads for an Otterbox Defender case for my phone and an Incase Bamboo Slider in eggplant color for Lisa's iphone.
I'm hoping those two work as well as the reviews suggest, and don't ruin my reception.
Thanks for resurrecting the thread, Vic.
Keep us on top of any more cool stuff you find, please.

Oh, last thing...
For anyone who has been using the God-awful ESPN sports app for their scores and so forth. Sportacular is awesome. It works infinately better, and when you close out the app it returns right to where you left off, unlike ESPN's crappy app.
I'd think ESPN would really try to do better. Everything ESPN is really awful. It's a shame, cause I love my ESPN.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #73
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by aich75013 View Post
It's strange that it no longer shows on Navigon's website. I saw it there the day I posted.
Basically it is supposed to help to find alternate routes if there is traffic congestion on the route that it would normally find. I haven't purchased the add-on yet, so I am not sure how well it works. I never bought it for my TomTom because it was an annual fee and I don't use my gps that often.

http://www.tuaw.com/2009/11/12/a-tri...-from-navigon/

Adrian,
Like I just said, I bought it yesterday.
I played hell trying to find out how to buy it. Turned out I had to buy it from inside the Navigon app in my iphone.
I found it amond "more options", then clicked on it, paid for it through itunes (on the fly) and it was immediately activated.
Totally cool, and it worked great. Was well worth the $29.99. I wish I'd have bought it when it was 20 bucks. I just never thought I'd use it.
Go figure?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #74
mexi-CAN

Textfree us it's a free text service for 5 a year you can use it instead of at&t's txt plan it'll save you a few hundred A year if ure paying for unlimited txt messaging
Old 12-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #75
Resipsa

Quote:
That sounds incredibly cool, Vic.
I don't think anyone really wants to watch me lying on the couch or sitting in my chair, but I can definately see where it'd be cool.
Scott, I'm psyched about this one, keeping in touch with family and friends far away while on the road, going to herfs, all sorts of cool stuff. Imagine being at the beach on vacation and being able to stream all the hotties back over the net

Imagine having 3-4 guys at a big herf all sending different streams over the net so that those not in attendance can watch the festivities, to me that would nice!
Old 12-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #76
aich75013
Feeling at Home

Montecristo

I'm not sure if his was previously mentioned, but I downloaded Mobile Air Mouse the other day.
Sometimes I hook my computer up to the TV to watch something. Only problem was I had to get up to play/pause. With this, I can do it from across the room.
Made my wife laugh at the nerd that I am, but that is ok.

Quote:
Adrian,
Like I just said, I bought it yesterday.
I played hell trying to find out how to buy it. Turned out I had to buy it from inside the Navigon app in my iphone.
I found it amond "more options", then clicked on it, paid for it through itunes (on the fly) and it was immediately activated.
Totally cool, and it worked great. Was well worth the $29.99. I wish I'd have bought it when it was 20 bucks. I just never thought I'd use it.
Go figure?
I haven't bought it yet. I always seem to have some trouble with Navigon. Really slow. It's much faster for me to use google maps and then just find where I am going. I wonder if it just works better on a 3GS than a 3G.
Sorry that I didn't mention it was an in-app purchase.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #77
aich75013
Feeling at Home

Montecristo

Quote:
I just traded beads for an Otterbox Defender case for my phone and an Incase Bamboo Slider in eggplant color for Lisa's iphone.
I'm hoping those two work as well as the reviews suggest, and don't ruin my reception.
I don't think you'll have reception problems with either.
My Brother-in-law has the Otter case and loves it. He dropped his 3G and the screen turned white. Had to buy a new phone (Apple store claimed the water sensor was pink)
I have an Incase Slider (not bamboo) and it does a good job of protecting. It fits really snug and is a little difficult to get off.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #78
Resipsa

sneak peak at what is supposed to announced on the 27th.

If the Iphone gets multitasking as rumored, I'll be very happy!

http://gizmodo.com/5451876/rumor-app...tures-detailed
Old 01-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #79
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
sneak peak at what is supposed to announced on the 27th.

If the Iphone gets multitasking as rumored, I'll be very happy!

http://gizmodo.com/5451876/rumor-app...tures-detailed
I've heard from some pretty reliable sources that 4.0 will have multi-tasking.
That would be pretty damned cool..... but, having two of the wrong app open may bring most non-S devices to their knees... maybe even some of the Ss.
Posted via Mobile Device
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:29 PM   #80
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Man I am hooked on Madden 10.
What great entertainment.

Paper toss is also one of my current favorites.
The world tour version is a pisser.