Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
mobarbq
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Wes
Trading: (0)
mobarbq is on a distinguished road
Default Joplin Tornado Relief: Special Thanks to Montecristo/Altadis

I haven't seen much mention of this yet, so wanted to share this with my fellow inmates.

First of all, I lived in Joplin most of my life, so this disaster really hits close to home. I had two adult children who lived there, and both are safe. One was in his apartment building when the roof collapsed and then was torn off. Just amazed he didn't get hurt. Of course, he has lost everything, but that can be replaced.

I want to express my extreme gratitude to the Montecristo Relief Organization for being a compassionate corporate entity in remembering the people of Joplin, Missouri, at this time of need following the recent tornado disaster. I for one, am deeply appreciative of what Montecristo/Altadis is doing, and I extend my heartfelt thanks to this company.

In case you haven't heard, the Montecristo Relief Organization has donated $25,000.00 up front to the Joplin relief effort, to provide important aid. And more importantly, they will match the first $75,000.00 given by employees or customers. (us) They will do this until June 15th. Donations can be sent to Montecristo Relief Organization, Joplin Tornado Relief, c/o Altadis, USA, P.O. Box 407179, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33340-7166 Make checks payable to Montecristo Relief Organization.

You can read the full story on the About.com cigar site (Gary Manelski)
which I suspect more of you are familiar with. http://cigars.about.com/b/2011/05/27...ids-joplin.htm

My personal sympathy goes out to Dan the Bugman and any other BOTL's I may not have heard about who were personally affected by the tornado. Hang tough! I feel for you. God Bless.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
fid
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (2)
CoastGuard (Served With Honor)
fid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Joplin Tornado Relief: Special Thanks to Montecristo/Altadis

Chances are this wont come up in mainstream media, it's not like they can air a tv commercial like Tide and their Loads of Hope or whatever they call it. I don't think there will be much recognition, no one wants to promote an evil tobacco company even if they are engaged in disaster relief of some kind. Good job, though. Haven't exactly seen too many big companies rushing forward with everything that's gone on the last couple of months.
fid is offline   Reply With Quote