Old 06-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #21
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tebow to the Pats

I like how Brian Dawkins approached his religion. He had absolutely no problem talking about, and spreading his love for God, and his religion... But when it was time for Football, that's all he talked about for the most part.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #22
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Peter, I humbly disagree with a couple of your points. Or disagree with one, and take issue with another.

If Tebow is overrated, that is the work of others, the media, etc...Tebow doesn't "rate" himself. No reason to dislike him because others think he is better than he may be, at the NFL level.

As far at actors/athletes, etc, only talking about their profession...by that logic, I should only talk publically about law enforcement, and should keep my political/religious/etc views quiet. I humbly disagree, but will defend to the death your right to your opinion, 'cause I loves ya.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:39 AM   #23
FUEL
Just 6 days...

First Name: James
Trading: (0)
Partagas
FUEL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Hopefully Tebow Will Be Happy There. He's A Great Kid & Deserves A Realistic Chance.
Nice to see that others feel this way too. Let his talent or lack thereof speak for him instead of everything else in the BS world that surrounds him.

The kids got the talent to play NFL ball, its just a matter of him getting the chance, a chance at length.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #24
FUEL
Just 6 days...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
The Blackhawks will probably sign him if the Pats don't work out
You didn't see the tweet with that clause in his contract? *Heading to Google Images*
Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #25
FUEL
Just 6 days...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Peter, I humbly disagree with a couple of your points. Or disagree with one, and take issue with another.

If Tebow is overrated, that is the work of others, the media, etc...Tebow doesn't "rate" himself. No reason to dislike him because others think he is better than he may be, at the NFL level.

As far at actors/athletes, etc, only talking about their profession...by that logic, I should only talk publically about law enforcement, and should keep my political/religious/etc views quiet. I humbly disagree, but will defend to the death your right to your opinion, 'cause I loves ya.
Tom I like this part, "If Tebow is overrated, that is the work of others, the media, etc...Tebow doesn't "rate" himself. No reason to dislike him because others think he is better than he may be, at the NFL level."

I agree.

As far as the rest, I don't know Peter so I can't speak for him, but I'm sure Brian would agree, there are times when we all wished you would only talk about LE

J. to bed!

all!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #26
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEL View Post
As far as the rest, I don't know Peter so I can't speak for him, but I'm sure Brian would agree, there are times when we all wished you would only talk about LE
Well played, James, well played.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #27
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

No way will Tebow be slotted to a QB role. Ryan Mallett is the next Pats QB unless something happens to him. He is like a Brady in training who was like a Bledsoe in training. Pats have a model for QB and Tebow does not fit.

Any word on how much Tebow is getting paid? He has a good worth ethic, has played for two of Pats biggest rivals and should bring a lot playbook intelligence with him. I think he'll do well with whatever the Pats assign him. He'll sell shirts as well.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #28
FUEL
Just 6 days...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
No way will Tebow be slotted to a QB role. Ryan Mallett is the next Pats QB unless something happens to him. He is like a Brady in training who was like a Bledsoe in training. Pats have a model for QB and Tebow does not fit.

Any word on how much Tebow is getting paid? He has a good worth ethic, has played for two of Pats biggest rivals and should bring a lot playbook intelligence with him. I think he'll do well with whatever the Pats assign him. He'll sell shirts as well.
I could have sworn I read last night that they were going to shop Mallett around now.

I also thought of the merchandise aspect. Pats are a good team and unlike Denver & the Jets they actually want him. This is make or break time and hopefully he gets a fair shot & sits behind Brady for a few years and learns a ton. I think he's in a good position.

Any word on contract length? I don't think cares what gets played he is just happy to be wanted still in the NFL.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #29
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

So let me clarify because I don't disagree with your disagreement.

To the first point, maybe I should say I don't like hearing about Tebow. I agree that is it not him who promotes his skills.

To the second point, I don't believe you should use your work "platform" to discuss these other views. Outside of work is different. Do you promote your views to others during gatherings at work? Of course not. My point is that when Tebow is being given exposure by, say, ESPN, he's got no reason to get into religion or politics. (An interview to discuss them specifically excluded) Same with movie/TV stars. At awards shows and interviews about their work, the other stuff has no place.

And I luvz ya too, Brother.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #30
FUEL
Just 6 days...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
So let me clarify because I don't disagree with your disagreement.

To the first point, maybe I should say I don't like hearing about Tebow. I agree that is it not him who promotes his skills.

To the second point, I don't believe you should use your work "platform" to discuss these other views. Outside of work is different. Do you promote your views to others during gatherings at work? Of course not. My point is that when Tebow is being given exposure by, say, ESPN, he's got no reason to get into religion or politics. (An interview to discuss them specifically excluded) Same with movie/TV stars. At awards shows and interviews about their work, the other stuff has no place.

And I luvz ya too, Brother.
Question on that theory. So does it upset you or do you oppose when a player is interviewed after a game say, and says something along the lines of "I want to thank God for blah blah blah," when players gather on the field after a game and pray in the middle of the field or score a touchdown and point to the sky?"

Not ragging on you Pete nor have malicious intent, just a friendly Q&A.

Last edited by FUEL; 06-11-2013 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Spelling
FUEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #31
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

I'm not hating on the guy, he will just never stick as a QB?
From articles I have read he is dyslexic, coaches had to repeat the plays 4 or 5 times and used flash cards to keep him focused.
Tebow also led the league in delay of game penalty's... that will never fly in NE plus he can't throw.
I just can't see what the plans are for this guy?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #32
FUEL
Just 6 days...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
I'm not hating on the guy, he will just never stick as a QB?
From articles I have read he is dyslexic, coaches had to repeat the plays 4 or 5 times and used flash cards to keep him focused.
Tebow also led the league in delay of game penalty's... that will never fly in NE plus he can't throw.
I just can't see what the plans are for this guy?
I don't remember whom he has been training with in the off season but it was a former NFL QB if I'm not mistaken and he stated after just a few days of watching and analyzing him he corrected his footwork and after a few weeks he dramatically improved. Might just end up being a career back up. Time will tell I guess!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #33
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUEL View Post
Question on that theory. So does it upset you or do you oppose when a player is interviewed after a game say, and says something along the lines of "I want to thank God for blah blah blah," when players gather on the field after a game and pray in the middle of the field or score a touchdown and point to the sky?"

Not ragging on you Pete nor have malicious intent, just a friendly Q&A.
No offense taken. And I'm not "upset" by it.

"I want to thank God for blah blah blah," - I don't believe God had anything to do with their performance. Is God involved when an error is made or a pass is dropped?

Praying on the field after a game - no issue with that.

Pointing to the sky after a touchdown or home run - don't care for that. More because I think it's showboating. Silent thought and recognition would accomplish the same thing.

I respect everyone's religion and faith. But I also believe it is a personal thing and the media should not be used as an opportunity to interject (political or religious) beliefs.

Some may not see logic or consistency in my thoughts. But that is how I feel/react. But through civil discourse and exchange of opinions I learn and possibly change my perspectives as I grow. I don't buy into the "I'm too old and set in my ways" school of thinking.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #34
FUEL
Just 6 days...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
No offense taken. And I'm not "upset" by it.

"I want to thank God for blah blah blah," - I don't believe God had anything to do with their performance. Is God involved when an error is made or a pass is dropped?

Praying on the field after a game - no issue with that.

Pointing to the sky after a touchdown or home run - don't care for that. More because I think it's showboating. Silent thought and recognition would accomplish the same thing.

I respect everyone's religion and faith. But I also believe it is a personal thing and the media should not be used as an opportunity to interject (political or religious) beliefs.

Some may not see logic or consistency in my thoughts. But that is how I feel/react. But through civil discourse and exchange of opinions I learn and possibly change my perspectives as I grow. I don't buy into the "I'm too old and set in my ways" school of thinking.
I know Pete it's just that we don't know each other well yet and I didn't want you to think I was trolling or bating you that's all. I respect what you posted and agree about the media and religion and without making it a political post hence why I strongly believe in "separation of church and state" and will leave it at that to go no further =)

In regards to the your statement about praying on the field being "ok" with you are you simply kosher (no pun intended lol) to it as its not a "personal" provocation towards religion?

No harm no foul and apologize if I thread jacked or took this one further than forum rules allow.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #35
FUEL
Just 6 days...

Partagas

Oh and the show boating thing I totally am with you on. We joked at the office about that when guys like Jared Allen go over the top celebrating a tackle as everytime I make a fax or send an email I don't get up from my desk and run to the middle of the office and "lasso" the fax machine.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #36
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Nice review
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #37
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

I am interested to see what happens...
Old 06-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #38
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all

While i despise all the junk that travels with tebow everywhere he goes, mainly the media and their desparate attempts to constantly make a story surrounding him, i think he has some skills that can't be overlooked. I had a friend that saw him eventually coming to the patriots when he was first out of school, going on about how he will fit well in the system. i believed him, but wasn't necessarily looking forward to that day. now it has come, and it's going to be interesting to see what happens. If the plan is to keep him around for the longish term, i hope they sit him the whole season and have him work on patriot's fundamentals. that will give both the media and tebow a chance to cool down (not that he got too hot over in new york). Additionally, i like what Moses said about playbook intelligence, hadn't thought about that.

With all that being said, i never question the hooded one until i see it play out. like every year, this is gonna be an interesting season, can't wait to sit back and watch it all unfold
Old 06-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #39
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
While i despise all the junk that travels with tebow everywhere he goes, mainly the media and their desparate attempts to constantly make a story surrounding him, i think he has some skills that can't be overlooked. I had a friend that saw him eventually coming to the patriots when he was first out of school, going on about how he will fit well in the system. i believed him, but wasn't necessarily looking forward to that day. now it has come, and it's going to be interesting to see what happens. If the plan is to keep him around for the longish term, i hope they sit him the whole season and have him work on patriot's fundamentals. that will give both the media and tebow a chance to cool down (not that he got too hot over in new york). Additionally, i like what Moses said about playbook intelligence, hadn't thought about that.

With all that being said, i never question the hooded one until i see it play out. like every year, this is gonna be an interesting season, can't wait to sit back and watch it all unfold

It could be real interesting.

And if he doesn't fit in to the system then he will be released and nothing will be lost.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #40
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Nice review
Tebow wins! Tebow wins!

More your speed, Dan?