Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 09-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #41
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: Best ACID cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country313 View Post
I felt the need to bring this up to all of the "anti-infusuion" smokers out there. Cigars International offered a challenge to the top 10 cigar manufacturers (specifics available on the CI website.) This brought forth the Legends series. Drew Estate makes a cigar for this series. It is infused. It is also currently the best selling cigar in the series. This must mean something! I thought the "motto" of this site was "Smoke what you like and like what you smoke". My advice, Smoke 'em if you've got em! I would never say that all (insert your favorite cigar manufacturer's name here) cigars suck or are horrible or anything else to that effect just because it wasn't what I liked or was used to, or because I had smoked 1 cigar from 1 of their many lines and didn't care for it... Just venting. Now I'm gonna go smoke an infused stick. . Safe smokin and long ashes to all!
I believe you are misinterpreting the advertising usage of the term "Best Seller" to mean that the highlighted product is also the best selling. Although the wording is similar the distinction is dramatic. The term Best Seller is often used by advertisers to emphasize a slow selling prodct and make it seem more desirable to the buyer. I am not saying that is the case here but the two terms are not interchangeable.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #42
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

First Name: Chris
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Sonic04GT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Next time send me a pm
I would have posted it if I had known about this place then
Sonic04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:05 PM   #43
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Again, if it came off as a sales pitch I am sorry but I've dealt with criticism not ribbing from traditional cigar smokers for 5+ years.
Hopefully, there are many more "Smoke what you like, like what you smoke" guys here who like to have some fun, than peoople who will seriously criticize another for their choice of cigar. I know that happens on some of the boards, I certainly hope less of it happens here.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #44
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

I used to love the natural dirt and javas. Juicy lucy was the one that made me swear off infused sticks.

I don't personally care for them, but I won't bag on anyone that does. They're good smokes.

As the Admiral says: smoke what you like and like what you smoke.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #45
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Nothing wrong with smoking an Acid. Especially if you wanna smell like patchouli.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #46
Country313

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
I believe you are misinterpreting the advertising usage of the term "Best Seller" to mean that the highlighted product is also the best selling. Although the wording is similar the distinction is dramatic. The term Best Seller is often used by advertisers to emphasize a slow selling prodct and make it seem more desirable to the buyer. I am not saying that is the case here but the two terms are not interchangeable.
I know for a fact that the Copper Label is the best selling cigar in the series. Not just saying it or trying to be a d!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Hopefully, there are many more "Smoke what you like, like what you smoke" guys here who like to have some fun, than peoople who will seriously criticize another for their choice of cigar. I know that happens on some of the boards, I certainly hope less of it happens here.
Thank you! I hope so too, but as a creature of habit I tend to have my guard up on this subject. It's funny because I could care less about most debates on religion, polotics, or sports. I have my views and am comfortable in my beliefs, but Drew Estate and the 2nd ammendment debates tend to ruffle my feathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
I used to love the natural dirt and javas. Juicy lucy was the one that made me swear off infused sticks.

I don't personally care for them, but I won't bag on anyone that does. They're good smokes.

As the Admiral says: smoke what you like and like what you smoke.
The Naturals line isn't infused
Old 10-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #47
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Thank you! I hope so too, but as a creature of habit I tend to have my guard up on this subject. It's funny because I could care less about most debates on religion, polotics, or sports. I have my views and am comfortable in my beliefs, but Drew Estate and the 2nd ammendment debates tend to ruffle my feathers

We don't allow discussion on politics or religion in the Asylum, 'cause those things tend to ruffle most people's feathers ultimately.

I sought a ban on discussion of Drew Estates products early on, but I was outvoted.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #48
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I tried the Java Maduro tonight from my local B&M and I loved it!

I think the wife would like it too...whomever suggested it, thanks
Old 10-01-2011, 03:05 AM   #49
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

Quote:

I sought a ban on discussion of Drew Estates products early on, but I was outvoted.

SUPER MEGA WIN!!!!!

LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:08 AM   #50
Lonely Raven

Quote:
The O3 is an online only cigar (I believe from CI.) However I have heard of retailers buying the exclusives like this and secretly selling them. Good luck!
So I found out when I stopped by the 8 to 8 shop recommended in another thread. I guess I'll have to order some online and see what I think. I did however pick up a Java and Kristoff that was recommended to me by the pretty (But too skinny lady) that helped me out. She suggested a Blondie and some others from ACID, but it was stuff I already had in my sampler kit.

Quote:
As I mentioned in my introduction thread, I peeked into several other cigar forums, and most were filled with little clicks that were chasing away the newbs with their elitist browbeating. I didn't see that here that's why I started posting here. I'm part of many forums across the internet (due to many hobbies), and I really feel CA has something good going on.

Quote:
I have my views and am comfortable in my beliefs, but Drew Estate and the 2nd ammendment debates tend to ruffle my feathers
Guns are bad, only police and military should have them.

I'm so totally just messing with you, I hope you didn't have an aneurysm.

Mods - Sorry I couldn't resist. Please don't ban me.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #51
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Not trying to sell anything so I apologize if that's how it looked. I was simply trying to make a point.

It occurred to me that this thread was started by someone looking to broaden their horizons by asking about different ACID cigars. I was simply trying to let people who ARE interested in infused cigars know not to be discouraged by the "ribbing" of those who do not care for or have any problem voicing their dislike for infused cigars.

Again, if it came off as a sales pitch I am sorry but I've dealt with criticism not ribbing from traditional cigar smokers for 5+ years.
Since you joined the board it seems like you've been selling Acids here. Look, nobody really cares what you smoke around here, Acids, Ghurkas, Lars Tetens, whatever floats your boat. But if you enjoy a product that the vast majority of cigar smokers on the interwebs think is bad, you've got to expect some ribbing. I've smoked Acids in the past, I think they suck, so I said as much. It's the kind of thing we all tried when we are new, liked/disliked, but moved on from. Just tone your posts down a little, when your up on your acid pedestal, you open yourself up for some good natured ribbing
Old 10-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #52
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Mmmm, Lars Tetens, the flavor master.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #53
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

ADB loves his Ghurkas!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #54
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

I started with ACIDs and the DE Tabak Especial line. I have moved away from those into traditional cigars. Every now and then I smoke an infused stick. But I tend to follow the "smoke what you like, like what you smoke mentality."
Old 10-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #55
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
Mods - Sorry I couldn't resist. Please don't ban me.
Not at all. You are just now on Triple Secret Probation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
ADB loves his Ghurkas!
I start my Weber grill with them whenever I run out of $100 bills.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #56
Angry_Pirate
Traveler

First Name: J.T.
Trading: (40)
Cohiba
Angry_Pirate is on a distinguished road

I went on an infused buying spree for about a month. I like the Tabak's, Java's. But have went back to non infused. Now I may get rid of these to free up my extra humidor. Glad to see there is some interest in them.

Last edited by Angry_Pirate; 10-01-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Angry_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #57
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Not at all. You are just now on Triple Secret Probation.

I start my Weber grill with them whenever I run out of $100 bills.
Weber grill?

Everyone knows Green eggs are the only way to cook. Creten.

lease don't ban me while I go light up my li'l smoky..
Old 10-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #58
Sonic04GT
Feeling at Home

First Name: Chris
Army (Served With Honor)
Sonic04GT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate View Post
I went on an infused buying spree for about a month. I like the Tabak's, Java's. But have went back to non infused. Now I may get rid of these to free up my extra humidor. Glad to see there is some interest in them.
Get rid of you say?

Hi
Sonic04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #59
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic04GT View Post
Get rid of you say?

Hi
I am sure the troops would appreciate them
Old 10-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #60
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
Mmmm, Lars Tetens, the flavor master.
Bob...made me spit a mouthful of water all over my screen and keyboard.