Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #481
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Sorry......

BOBBY PETRINO has a JOB!
Welcome to the Hilltoppers, Bobby. Park your cycle at the gate.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #482
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
You don't have to get all touchy.

Oregon played some easy teams this year, like Alabama... I think Oregon is a better team. They both played less than stellar teams, and I think that Oregon is a better overall team than 'Bama.

'Bama has a really over rated Offense, however they have a very good Defense. Oregon has a better Offense, and a very good Defense.

Don't get mad because I hate Alabama and the praise they always get. They're the NFL Tebow of the SEC.
Nobody getting touchy or mad. It's just a tired argument, frankly. You can't deride two teams for something and turn around and give others a pass on the same thing.

I understand you hate Bama. I hate Michigan. And we whipped y'alls ass in September. See you next time.

Carry on.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #483
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Nobody getting touchy or mad. It's just a tired argument, frankly. You can't deride two teams for something and turn around and give others a pass on the same thing.

I understand you hate Bama. I hate Michigan. And we whipped y'alls ass in September. See you next time.

Carry on.
Ok?

I gave a very clear reason why I had the opinion I did. I also explained why I can't stand Alabama, but you're right, apparently there's no point in this conversation continuing... I guess.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #484
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ok?

I gave a very clear reason why I had the opinion I did. I also explained why I can't stand Alabama, but you're right, apparently there's no point in this conversation continuing... I guess.
There rarely is a point to arguing along these lines, if Michigan was going to their 3rd BCS championship in 4 years everyone that isn't a Michigan fan would be complaining about how they don't deserve it.

Because obviously they know more than everyone who calculates the BCS standings, or it's rigged in Michigan's favor, or they only played crappy teams (Because strength of schedule isn't taken into account at all in the BCS...) or some other such nonsense that people spew when things aren't going the way they think they should go.

The BCS isn't perfect by any means, but the only real travesty I've seen out of it was the year Auburn went undefeated. Otherwise it does it's job well enough, experts and a computer pick the best teams, which is no small feat when there are so many teams and very few of the top teams play each other. A playoff system will help a little, but the whiners are going to find something to whine about, inevitably. In a couple years it will be "#2 and #4 don't deserve to be in the playoffs they only played lousy teams, #5 or #6 are much better because I personally dislike the teams that got picked."
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #485
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

haha, remember though, that the very fact that your team HAS BEEN to the BCSNCG 3 of 4 years makes you
ill-qualified to state that "it does it's job well enough". At least where other people are concerned. I am
Sure you think it works just fine. Why wouldn't you? As for a playoff, I think it will be much better because
no matter who feels left out, you will hardly be able to argue about the results when the final two teams are chosen.

As we all know, I agree with the poster above, Alabama's offense is somewhat over-rated. The QB is no Johnny
Football, and they have a monster back or two, and a solid line. Well, when I say it like THAT it sounds pretty good.
But i had to laugh when all the bama people I know were telling me how AJ was a lock for the Heisman. I looked at
em with bemusement and told him I doubt he makes the top 3. A good solid D is all you need though, to prop up
an over-rated offense. Just look at the past 8-9 years of LSU football. Still, Bama did OK in 2012, I guess.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #486
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

I think a playoff system will help things immensely as well to pick the best teams and settle things on the field. BUT I think it will only increase how much non-SEC fans complain. There's a reason Mike Slive walked outta that meeting with a huge smile when it was announced we'd have a playoff. Why?

A majority of the time the SEC will have at least 2 of the 4 teams in the playoff (this year it'd be Bama & UF). The record shows and us SEC fans know that the SEC's best consistently beats the best of the rest, which means we'll frequently (I'd guess 2 out of every 5 years) have an all SEC national championship
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #487
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

I love college football. And I especially love that a team who's offense sucks, who's defense is overrated, who's coach is a compulsive liar, and who's fans are toothless, inbred, rednecks, get to play for it all. Yes, Notre Dame, welcome back.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #488
edstoggie
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
edstoggie is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Ok?

You are right there is no point in continuing because your point or opinion holds no water. You can say every every team in your top 5 had a shitty schedule.
1. Florida- Besides LSU,SC, Georgia(lost), A&M(won before they put it together) FSU (never lives up to the hype) the schedule was not very hard and almost lost to FCS UL_Lafayette, squeaked by Missou. If you can't even make it to the SEC Championship you don't deserve the NC.
2. Oregon- You said it yourself they played a terrible schedule and lost to Stanford(ND beat them not mentioned in your 2 team analysis).
3. K State- Terrible schedule beat Oklahoma(So did ND convincingly you failed to mention BTW) and lost to an RGlll-less Baylor very handily.

So, the 2 best teams are rightly so in the NC game. May the best team win!

And to the Alabama fan putting up this argument also: Yes Notre Dame is back!....
edstoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #489
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by edstoggie View Post
So, the 2 best teams are rightly so in the NC game. May the best team win!
Some might say the best 2 eligible teams are in the NC game.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #490
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
I love college football. And I especially love that a team who's offense sucks, who's defense is overrated, who's coach is a compulsive liar, and who's fans are toothless, inbred, rednecks, get to play for it all. Yes, Notre Dame, welcome back.
Ehh, even by your own standards, Rizz, that one was weak, lol. Were it not Notre Dame, you had
a good shot there. Hardly toothless redneck fans. Now that college football post-season has
abandoned me with my no-cable-havin-a55, I am done watching....well, I guess I get to watch the
Cotton Bowl. But on balance, who cares. Had a good Christmas with my mother, doubling my
usual 4 day stay. With my sister right next door, and my other sister travelling, too, it was a lovely
time for all. More theater movies than football, I'm afraid. But I watched Duke throw away
a but of history, Saw LA-Monroe get trounced...after those and with my NFL boycott almost at an end,
it's gonna be a slow NY. Looking for better out of LSU next year. But with our wacky coach, one can
never say for sure.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #491
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Brad, I am just hoping your boys curb stomp the other Tigers on NYE. 88-3 sounds nice.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:06 PM   #492
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Brad!! Please tell me your Tigers are more capable than this?
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #493
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

Les Miles is at it again, someone needs to smack him upside his head. You can't mess up clock management this bad. Especially when the refs seem to be out to get you.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #494
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

Maybe the refs are just blind? I'm glad I don't have to watch many big 10 games...
Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #495
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-Rrrrr-S!!!

Nothing better than watching the Mad Hatter trying to use body english to pull the ball out of the uprights! Now if Michigan can upend the Crocks, the football season can officially end!

What a sweet f'in win!! 1 yard in the 4th quarter with no first downs. I likey!

A great second place win is the Yellow Jackets over the Blowjens. Don't care for either at all, but to see Kiffin's arrogant swagger get thumped is priceless!

Carry on SEC threaders...
Old 01-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #496
OLS
Suck It

Congratulations to the Clemson team that beat the Tigers. Post season has not been good to the LSU Tiger teams
of late. Les Miles needs to look hard at firing the person who keeps trying to out-think opposing teams. They
are obviously not very good at it. No indication that Clemson could stop LSU's running attack, and yet they
continued to pass their way through the first half, or should I say, be sacked through the first half. I laughed
as they continued to not establish the run and run play action anyway. It was like a bunch of mental deficients
out there. I just had to laugh. I only got to watch the replay online, as I have no cable. I long for the day when
the bowls were better and they all happened on regular TV.
But seeing LSU give that game up so easy, who really
cares in the end. PAH-thetic....

Congrats again.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #497
xFreebirdx
Patriot Guard Rider

First Name: Eddie
Trading: (2)
Cohiba Army (Served With Honor)
xFreebirdx is on a distinguished road

In my best 300 movie mimic. "This is SPARTA!!!!!!""

Clowney flat assed told Michigan "THIS IS THE SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And I hope Alabama pounds the chit out of Notre Dame next week. Because this IS the SEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vtd...e_gdata_player

http://youtu.be/-vtdp_XRhuU
Veteran: ★US ARMY 78 - 81★.......★Patriot Guard Rider ID#45266 07/06/06★
xFreebirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #498
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I hate U of Michigan. I love Clowney and the SEC. Muck Fichigan, losers!

That is all.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #499
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #500
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

Pretty good bowl season thus far, other than LSU falling down on the job, and Mississippi state losing but they've lost to everyone they played who actually had a pulse this year. Expecting Florida to stomp a mud hole in Louisville tonight.