Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough
Default Probably going under the knife again

<rant> Just a little background, since 1993 I have had work done on both knees (one major reconstruction) both shoulders, a disk in my neck removed and a wrist rebuilt.

That is just to say that I know a little bit about joint pain.

So when I had some shoulder pain develop last month, I made an appointment with the orthopod surgeon resposible for both shoulders and the wrist mentioned above.

Then I lost some of the feeling in my left hand.

So, instead of just waiting to see the surgeon I made another appointment with a spine guy to get the expected MRI rolling because I knew from experience it was my neck again.

Well today I finally saw the orthopod, so while I was waiting for him in the exam room I opened my MRI on the computer (since I had both done through the same hospital the nurse brings up my whole file we she puts me in the room).

As I am trying to decifer the Doctor-speak in the notes and understand what I am looking at, the orthopod walks in, looks at the MRI for about 20 seconds and says "Wow, what are you doing waiting for me? You need to see a neurosurgeon asap." He explains that I have completely blown out the disk below the one that was fused 6 years ago.

He then scribbles a note, hands it to me and tells me to go down the hall to neurosurgery and tell them you need an appointment with the surgeon and if you don't get one right away to call him and he will call the guy himself, and hands me a script for pain meds.

So now I am both relieved that I know what the problem is and scared shitless as to what I have to look forward to in the coming months. </rant>

Thanks, just wanted to get that off my chest.

The only smart thing I did today was bring a La Aroma de Cuba Marquis with me so I was at least able to relax on the drive home.