Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 05-24-2010, 04:15 AM   #1021
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
pmwz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

down to 226 lbs. i am now down 20kg that means i am halfway to my goal
pmwz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #1022
fhrblig
Real cars have 3 pedals

First Name: Bob
fhrblig is on a distinguished road

Good morning, all! Weighed in this morning at 257.6 lbs; lost another 1.8 lbs.

Last Sunday, I dragged out the Wii Balance Board from its hiding place and fired up Wii Fit. We got it about a year ago, set it up, and then didn't use it again until now. But after the issues I've been having with my knees, I wanted to try something different. Laugh if you must, but I'm having a blast with it. Unfortunately, it's reminding me just how out of shape I am. My right hamstring was very sore for the last 2 days after doing just a few lunges.

One thing I have noticed is that when I do Wii Fit before I go to work I have a LOT more energy than I did with just walking. My step-up goal next month will be to do Wii Fit in the morning and then add walking every other day when I'm on my lunch break at work. I probably won't do that yet for a couple of weeks, as I want to make sure I will stick with the Wii Fit workouts first.

Have a good week, and good luck to everyone!
fhrblig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #1023
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

down too 223.5. unfortunately not under 220 this month but i am getting close. World cup is going to be a huge test with a lot of bbqing and less work out time
Old 06-06-2010, 02:17 AM   #1024
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

221 lbs....
Old 06-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #1025
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I miss this thread. Suppose I should jump back in.
I got up to about 217 from all the laying on the couch being sick. I've gotten back to drinking my grape water, and I'm slowly changing my diet back to more decent stuff.
Last summer this time I was about this same weight. I was eating very healthy and drinking tons of water and was very active.
That's all working out again, but slowly.
The main problem was that I couldn't get around very good, so I didn't do much cooking at all. Most of my food was out of a box, mainly quickie junk. I'm getting away from that now. I've also stopped stressing about it. I've prayed on it, given it to God, and I'm calm with it. That makes it easy to eat right and stay away from crap. It very much balances overeating.
We went to a graduation party yesterday and I ate right, then we had to stop at Applebees on the way home to feed the kids again. I wasn't hungry at all, so I had fiesta lime chicken. I didn't need it or want it, so I overrode what my body was saying. That's bad. I'm all done doing that now.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #1026
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Sorry I haven't been in here much lately, but well, you know...

Congrats guys on the weightloss and do not give up.
I miss this thread too, Scott. I just haven't been motivated the past month or so.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #1027
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Ok, peeps...here's the deal. I've procrastinated far too much in this. I'm at 230.2 now and I am vowing to hit that 200 mark before I leave on our 2 week Disney trip on August 8th, so I have right at 7 weeks to get there. I will also hit that 180 mark before the end of the year.

Additionally, I've developed the numbing/tingling down in my feet/legs again after my surgery. I'm hoping some weight loss will significantly reduce this feeling. As it is right now, my left left from below the knee feels like it has the "falling asleep" feeling without the pins/needles feeling. At any rate, I will be scheduling my 2nd back surgery for just after finals in December/before Christmas.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #1028
Scottw
Going Commando

Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Steady at 194. Feeling great and am down to a 33 waist.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #1029
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I messed around with the "three meal a day" thing you hear about. All that did is made me blossom. I stopped that and got back to not eating when I'm not hungry, and drinking lots of water.
I think I was around 215 when I last checked, but I was up to almost 223.
It will come off slow and steady now.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:51 AM   #1030
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

World cup is killing me less time to work out + unhealthy food. was down to 98.6 during the week just to weigh in at 100.2 today.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:40 AM   #1031
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I managed to get back down to 215. Finally headed in the right direction. Getting my eating habits ironed out again was the hard part. It should be easy now.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #1032
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwz View Post
World cup is killing me less time to work out + unhealthy food. was down to 98.6 during the week just to weigh in at 100.2 today.
98.6 to 100.2 is too skinny.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #1033
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
98.6 to 100.2 is too skinny.
98.6-100.2kg
Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #1034
forgop
Not a puffer

forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Down from 230.2 to 226.4 this week. Not too shabby considering I overdid it for my father's day grilling with 2 burgers and a butterfly pork loin sandwich.

I did some research into some thermogenic products because I used a product called Ripped Fuel about 10-12 years ago (when they used the real ephedra before it became illegal to use OTC). I ordered a product called OxyElite Pro off Amazon to help boost my metabolism/decrease my appetite/increase my energy and will start on it Wednesday. My plan will be to hit a cycling class Monday-Friday for an hour and then spend another 45-60 minutes doing a combination of cardio/light resistance training (mostly targeting abs, chest, arms, and shoulders). Might even throw in a P90X plyometrics session in on the weekends.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #1035
Scottw
Going Commando

Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

193 this morning. I ate pretty good yesterday but drank about 8 beers.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #1036
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwz View Post
98.6-100.2kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Down from 230.2 to 226.4 this week. Not too shabby considering I overdid it for my father's day grilling with 2 burgers and a butterfly pork loin sandwich.

I did some research into some thermogenic products because I used a product called Ripped Fuel about 10-12 years ago (when they used the real ephedra before it became illegal to use OTC). I ordered a product called OxyElite Pro off Amazon to help boost my metabolism/decrease my appetite/increase my energy and will start on it Wednesday. My plan will be to hit a cycling class Monday-Friday for an hour and then spend another 45-60 minutes doing a combination of cardio/light resistance training (mostly targeting abs, chest, arms, and shoulders). Might even throw in a P90X plyometrics session in on the weekends.
Good work! I miss Ephedra. You can order it again, but it's pretty expensive. I miss just taking a couple of Stacker 2s during the day and not worrying about eating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
193 this morning. I ate pretty good yesterday but drank about 8 beers.
I'm with you on the alcohol.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #1037
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

218 lbs. i eat so bad right now... + 3 birthdays in the family within the next 10 days.
i still want to be under 90 kg before august 15th.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #1038
forgop
Not a puffer

I was down 6.2 lbs this past week for a total of 10.0 lbs in 2 weeks. I didn't start any cardio at all until the 2nd week.

At any rate, I did a 45 minute spinning class on Monday and then did another 45 minutes on the treadmill afterward. My hip flexor has been sore since yesterday afternoon and will now have to lay off the cardio a bit to recover from it. I don't want this prolonging into a big deal.

20 more pounds to go until August 7th and then another 20 pounds after I get back. (I'm hoping that number doesn't increase over a 2 week period in Florida).
Old 06-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #1039
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Still hanging around 214-215. Only 30 pounds to go.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #1040
pmwz
Adjusting to the Life

98.8 kg. best thing about the week is that i ran 15 km yesterday. probably trying to run 20 km early next month.