Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #121
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice
Default Re: iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
I found a site that will buy my iPhone 4 from me -- http://www.gazelle.com

They will give me $220 for it. My phone is a little less than 3 months old (new warranty replacement).
They offered 163 for mine I might try to get an even 200 cash listing it on CL
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #122
lilninjabuddy
Cigar Ninja

First Name: Derek
Trading: (2)
Montecristo
lilninjabuddy is on a distinguished road

Shoot, Shane... I'll give you $50 for it!

For me, that's actually the realy benefit of the iphone 5.... I'll be able to upgrade my wife to an iPhone 4 or 4s for less than I could last month.

I'll probably stick with the 3gs until it dies. Which might not be too long here, actually...
Old 09-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #123
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilninjabuddy View Post
Shoot, Shane... I'll give you $50 for it!

For me, that's actually the realy benefit of the iphone 5.... I'll be able to upgrade my wife to an iPhone 4 or 4s for less than I could last month.

I'll probably stick with the 3gs until it dies. Which might not be too long here, actually...
I would rather sell it to you than them, I will let you know if I decide to upgrade. I would think you may want to find a better phone than mine though, I have had it for over tow years and I didn't use a case for a long time. I thought I heard the 4S would be as low as $99 though soon?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #124
lilninjabuddy
Cigar Ninja

First Name: Derek
Montecristo
lilninjabuddy is on a distinguished road

ok, well I'm a cheapskate so lmk!

Any of you guys with a 4s in good shape, I'd be willing to match what that site is willing to pay.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #125
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilninjabuddy View Post
ok, well I'm a cheapskate so lmk!

Any of you guys with a 4s in good shape, I'd be willing to match what that site is willing to pay.
Same here; 4 or 4s... Send me a PM. Must be factory unlocked.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #126
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
They offered 163 for mine I might try to get an even 200 cash listing it on CL
They offered me $234, but I am not selling....I was just curious to see what it was worth, have only had since March. I am very happy with mine.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #127
mmblz

Trading: (3)
Partagas
mmblz has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
it's target customer doesn't care about the technical specs of their phone just as they don't really care what the proc speed and ram cache level is of their PC;
i don't follow. iPhone 5 basically is just incremental bumps to various specs - screen size, thinness, battery life, speed... functionally though, it's hardly different than the last go around...

seems to me that the only reason to release this is if customers DO care about specs...
Old 09-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #128
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Offered $ 286 for my 4S...but I'm very happy with it.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #129
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Offered $ 286 for my 4S...but I'm very happy with it.
If you don't mind me asking -- what did you pay for it?

I paid $299 for my 4 in June 2010 and I am getting $220 for it. Excluding contract extensions I used my iPhone 4 for 2 1/4 years for $79 -- a little less than $3/month -- a great deal.

I am seriously thinking about trading in my wife's 4S as well -- she can get $248 for hers. She paid $299 -- so that cost her about $4/month. The advantage to this is that we would have all the same cables -- a big deal when we travel.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #130
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

Just announced, the Iphone 10

Old 09-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #131
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Nice review
Old 09-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #132
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
If you don't mind me asking -- what did you pay for it?

I paid $299 for my 4 in June 2010 and I am getting $220 for it. Excluding contract extensions I used my iPhone 4 for 2 1/4 years for $79 -- a little less than $3/month -- a great deal.

I am seriously thinking about trading in my wife's 4S as well -- she can get $248 for hers. She paid $299 -- so that cost her about $4/month. The advantage to this is that we would have all the same cables -- a big deal when we travel.
Michael...paid $ 399 for mine with a 2 year plan...the 64GB version.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #133
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmblz View Post
i don't follow. iPhone 5 basically is just incremental bumps to various specs - screen size, thinness, battery life, speed... functionally though, it's hardly different than the last go around...

seems to me that the only reason to release this is if customers DO care about specs...
lol, the real reason to release this is because Apple needs to keep their revenue stream stable and growing. Make a couple minor changes that don't really matter so you've got something to spin in the marketing and Bob's your uncle.

The average customer has zero idea what half those buzzwords really mean, and they can't necessarily tell the difference between the one's they do recognize. People are will buy this iPhone because it's new and many held off on upgrading from the 4 to the 4s because like the 4s to 5 it was a very incremental upgrade.

I realize this is pure comedy and probably staged for effect, but last night's Jimmy Kimmel sums the average smartphone buyer perfectly. This is why I say hardware specs are pretty much irrelevant now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rdIWKytq_q4
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #134
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

That's funny Goeff.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #135
Steelerfanatic
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (7)
RA Navy (Served With Honor)
Steelerfanatic is on a distinguished road

Looking for a 4 or 4s on Sprint in white. If you have one to sell or trade please let me know. Thanks!!
Steelerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #136
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Well, with the LTE capabilities on the new iPhone5, I should be updating my Facebook status at light speed, and I will have a 5th row of apps on the home screen, so I can fit all my Angry Birds neatly.

That alone was worth the wait.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #137
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
I'm looking forward to upgrading from the 4 to 5 as well. I've had my 4 since the day before the launch and recently my battery life has went way down. I'll put my 4 up for sale once I have the new phone in hand and probably recoup most of what it costs me to upgrade.
This is me...

Order in for the 5 along with a 4s for the wife
Old 09-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #138
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTsetGO View Post
Just announced, the Iphone 10

Hahah this is funny!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #139
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light

Can't get a 5 until we are eligible for upgrades next summer.
By then the 5s will be coming close to hitting the markets.
The whole family has 4's and are pretty happy with them, we got them when the 4s came out so they became the cheap phone Not to mention I get a company discount for some reason through my employer which knocks a quarter off of my bill each month!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #140
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

My youngest son is going out to pre-order a 5S this morning..since he's gotten himself a nice new job. I will fiddle with his...but again, I'm ver happy with my 4S.