Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #481
Steelergar

Default Re: Official MMA Thread

that was a fun ufc to watch. its amazing that hendo can still knock people out at 38. I think nog could take out lesnar if they match that up.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #482
mojo65
Relocation Engineer

First Name: mark
Trading: (4)
Punch
mojo65 is on a distinguished road

The Bisbing KO was stellar! Looked like Hendo wanted to smash his jaw with the finishing blow.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:42 AM   #483
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2009/07/...post_comments/
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #484
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
RyJ Army (Served With Honor)
Ken is on a distinguished road

WOW! GREAT card.

While I prefer a more toned down interview and more tact used by people, I'm not down too much on Brock for his crazy ass post-fight interview. It turned me off a bit but he's a highly competitive person that gets drawn in by his emotions too much and this was a bad blood situation. We didn't see this after the Couture fight. Thinking he just took the UFC back to the stone ages is a bit of hyperbole. Lesnar is a character and many times when his blood is pumping it's over the top. But lets not act like he's Tank A. or driving a monster truck "rampaging" the streets.

I've just come around to disliking Mir less than before, so I'm still happy to see Brock Grape Ape pound him. Hopefully Lesnar doesn't become a monotoned person.

Belcher got robbed.

The KO of awesomeness! I don't think Bisping gave Dan enough respect for him being 38 and didn't believe the hype of his KO ability. And he's just a mouthy cocky lad.

And Coleman fought like his families next meal was on the line. Good job, Coleman! (And I'm not a fan)
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #485
Steelergar

I"m looking foward to DREAM10 on july 20th. there having the finals for their welterweight tournament. andre galvo is in it and he is supposed to dominate that division for a while. he used to train at blackhouse with anderson silva but I heard that team moved to a different location and changed their name. Shinya Aoki is fighting Vitor Ribeiro. I cant remember the last time 2 bjj guys of this caliber met in a mma match. This is why I love DREAM they put the best against the best and do it often. Paul Filho is making he debut to after getting heckled by WEC fans because they dont like his style, but he might get knocked out if he's not off drugs by a hungry melvin manhoef. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/dream_10
Old 07-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #486
Ken
Still Watching My Back

P.S. I really did like the Coors Lite/Bud Lite comment.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #487
Steelergar

I just read that Mirko Cro Crop was supposed to be on the card but negotiations fell through when lorenzo fertitta flew to croatia to negotiate a contract. thats pretty big time when the exec of zuffa flys to your home to make a deal. bud light and coors both suck anyway, if you want an american beer drink a microbrew.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #488
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

I don't know much about UFC, but living here in Minneapolis I've been hearing a lot about Lesnar. As you know, he was a top notch wrestler at the U of M. How come he is so vilified by most UFC fans?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #489
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

because he acts like a jerk.

He was named douche bag of the month at bullshido (a martial arts forums)
Old 07-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #490
BlackDog
Gonna make you groove...

First Name: Warren
Trading: (19)
BlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the roughBlackDog is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
I wonder how Muhammad Ali's personality would fare in UFC. I can think of lots of boxers who were jerks. Is the intent of UFC to adopt more of the "respect" attitude of Oriental martial arts? I think that's a good thing, but much different from what most professional fighting has been in the past few decades.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #491
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post

He was named douche bag of the month at bullshido (a martial arts forums)
Not saying what he did was right, but I think that Rampage Jackson is a bigger douche than Lesnar.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #492
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

I don't see how you could say that, rampage is even gracious in defeat, and you can tell his style is joking around, unlike lesnar who is very serious about his rage, and just obnoxious.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #493
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough

lesnar's douchiness just seems so over the top and theatrical. It's like he tried to turn "heel," except this is real athletic competition. You aren't supposed to be a heel or a hero, you're just supposed to compete. Trash talk is normal but giving the crowd the finger and grabbing the microphone to talk about "getting on top of your wife" is WWE stuff.

His wife must have felt like the belle of the ball after that too, btw. Class act.
ActionAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #494
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
lesnar's douchiness just seems so over the top and theatrical. It's like he tried to turn "heel," except this is real athletic competition. You aren't supposed to be a heel or a hero, you're just supposed to compete. Trash talk is normal but giving the crowd the finger and grabbing the microphone to talk about "getting on top of your wife" is WWE stuff.

His wife must have felt like the belle of the ball after that too, btw. Class act.
His wife isn't any class act either. (I'm assuming that he's still married to Sable)

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #495
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough

LOL....

For the record I actually kind of like Bisping. Mainly because he throws a lot of flying knees.
ActionAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #496
LordOfWu

Great card, and I have no real problem with the trash talking leading up to the fight...for some folks that builds the anticipation. But once the fight is over, a winner is declared, that's when a person's real character comes out. It is bad to be a poor loser, but it's far worse to be a poor winner. While I understand the need to sell tickets, this is still Mixed Martial Arts, and a certain amount of respect is expected as well. Mir showed that, even though I'm not a fan of his, he was a far better loser than Lesnar was a winner.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #497
RHNewfie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (15)
Partagas
RHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the roughRHNewfie is a jewel in the rough

Say, anyone find anything from Alves post fight? I have great respect for him but GSP is the man, just want to hear his own thoughts. If you find anything post it up!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #498
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHNewfie View Post
Say, anyone find anything from Alves post fight? I have great respect for him but GSP is the man, just want to hear his own thoughts. If you find anything post it up!
I was interested in what Bisping had to say too. Couldn't find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland
Not saying what he did was right, but I think that Rampage Jackson is a bigger douche than Lesnar.
What? Rampage talks trash just like everyone prefight but is extremely respectful after the fights, even in defeat. Lesnar is trash, straight trash
Old 07-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #499
Ken
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
I don't know much about UFC, but living here in Minneapolis I've been hearing a lot about Lesnar. As you know, he was a top notch wrestler at the U of M. How come he is so vilified by most UFC fans?
People have hated Lesnar since he walked into the UFC with only 1 fight under his belt, lost 1, won 1, and they feel he was given a free ticket to a title match. Though, he took the title and just demolished a "highly" skilled BJ guy to defend his title and avenge his 1st UFC loss.

I'm just happy to see not everyone has to freakin' hug after the fight.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #500
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
People have hated Lesnar since he walked into the UFC with only 1 fight under his belt, lost 1, won 1, and they feel he was given a free ticket to a title match. Though, he took the title and just demolished a "highly" skilled BJ guy to defend his title and avenge his 1st UFC loss.

I'm just happy to see not everyone has to freakin' hug after the fight.
I didn't hate lesner until after he was an ass after his match with herring, after his match with mir. ya he's strong, he's also what, 40 lbs heavier than mir, laying on him with his football field of a chest? Some skill, some lying there. Screw lesnar, piece of ****.