Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-21-2023, 08:23 AM   #181
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lancero love

Yerandy custom Laguito No. 2

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 11:11 PM   #182
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

Whassup, errbody?

I had some weird variant of Covid, where I didn't get sick at all, but I lost my sense of taste and smell completely! 100%! ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. It took like 2 months for food to start tasting "normal" again, and even longer for my vices (cigars, coffee, chocolate)!
I gotta say, when everything, EVERYTHING you love tastes like sh*t, life sucks! NO JOKE.

So here I am. Food is 90% back to normal, and cigars are...I'd say...80% back to normal. I can't smell wrapper aromas as much as I used to, which sucks. And I still smell a little funky smell when I first light up a stogie, but after that, it's normal. I think?

I am celebrating my return to normal cigar experiences with a Murcielago lancero. I drunk bought 2 boxes of these a while back, and rather than regret my purchase, I am sitting here wishing I had bought 4 boxes instead of 2. What a great smoke. Pretty typical maduro flavors of cocoa and coconut. Not a super complex cigar at all, but a really nice smoke overall.
Old 09-24-2023, 11:17 PM   #183
borndead1

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Yerandy custom Laguito No. 2

OK, so, I am drunk commenting, so don't get mad.

BUT...

I have read through the virtual grapevine that Yerandy doesn't outright deny that his cigars are 100% Cuban tobacco, but he doesn't admit that they ARE 100% either. And quite a few cigar nerds on Reddit have basically called him out; saying his cigars are not made with Cuban tobacco AT ALL.

So...icehog, Tom...be honest. whaddya say?
Old 09-25-2023, 05:27 AM   #184
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
Whassup, errbody?

I had some weird variant of Covid, where I didn't get sick at all, but I lost my sense of taste and smell completely! 100%! ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. It took like 2 months for food to start tasting "normal" again, and even longer for my vices (cigars, coffee, chocolate)!
I gotta say, when everything, EVERYTHING you love tastes like sh*t, life sucks! NO JOKE.

So here I am. Food is 90% back to normal, and cigars are...I'd say...80% back to normal. I can't smell wrapper aromas as much as I used to, which sucks. And I still smell a little funky smell when I first light up a stogie, but after that, it's normal. I think?

I am celebrating my return to normal cigar experiences with a Murcielago lancero. I drunk bought 2 boxes of these a while back, and rather than regret my purchase, I am sitting here wishing I had bought 4 boxes instead of 2. What a great smoke. Pretty typical maduro flavors of cocoa and coconut. Not a super complex cigar at all, but a really nice smoke overall.
Glad to hear you’re getting better.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:32 AM   #185
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
OK, so, I am drunk commenting, so don't get mad.

BUT...

I have read through the virtual grapevine that Yerandy doesn't outright deny that his cigars are 100% Cuban tobacco, but he doesn't admit that they ARE 100% either. And quite a few cigar nerds on Reddit have basically called him out; saying his cigars are not made with Cuban tobacco AT ALL.

So...icehog, Tom...be honest. whaddya say?
First off, glad to hear you're on the mend, Mark!

These No. 2s from Yerandy definitely taste Cuban to me. And if they were to be found to have other country's leaf in them, I'd still smoke 'em because they're delicious.

Do these Reddit nerds also think the moon landings and 9/11 were fake?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 09-25-2023, 09:40 PM   #186
MaytagMan
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Bill
Trading: (1)
VR
MaytagMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
First off, glad to hear you're on the mend, Mark!

These No. 2s from Yerandy definitely taste Cuban to me. And if they were to be found to have other country's leaf in them, I'd still smoke 'em because they're delicious.

Do these Reddit nerds also think the moon landings and 9/11 were fake?

Their man buns are too tight and that makes them cranky.

I haven't bought any Yerandys, but they have said similar things about other customs. Since there is no real gatekeeping nor sense of community there like there is on forums imho, I read a little bit on reddit, but don't really lend credence to opinions there. YMMV
Old 09-26-2023, 12:43 AM   #187
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaytagMan View Post
Their man buns are too tight and that makes them cranky.
like the guy own the Cohiba logo?
Old 09-26-2023, 10:32 PM   #188
MaytagMan
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Bill
Trading: (1)
VR
MaytagMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
like the guy own the Cohiba logo?

Old 09-27-2023, 09:09 AM   #189
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Yerandy custom

Old 12-29-2023, 01:01 AM   #190
borndead1

Partagas

La Palina Collection Mr. Sam

I added a 5 pack of these to a recent Cigar Page order. I am always interested in trying cigars that are made in the US.

Good construction; good draw.

First few draws... really nice CIGAR flavor. The aroma coming from the foot is similar. Straight tobacco.

About 1" in...draw has tightened a bit. Flavors have become muted.

About 2" in...Flavors have become kinda bland, honestly. The nose exhale is mild tobacco; the finish is straight tobacco.

Around halfway...the flavors have made a comeback. Sweetness on the draw, straight tobacco and spice through the nose. Good burn; only 1 slight correction so far.

A little past halfway...draw has tightened back up. Dominant flavors are still the same, but the finish has taken on a sweetness that lingers on the palate between draws. The aroma coming from the foot as I type is sweet tobacco. Pretty significant burn correction at this point.

Toward the end...a strong spice has come in through the nose and on the finish. This spiciness has a noticeable sensation on my tongue. It's kinda cool and unique. The draw is still tight, but the smoke volume is not bad and the flavors are not hampered.

Final thoughts...this was a good smoke, but I'm gonna let the remaining 4 cigars rest for a few months before deciding if they're box worthy.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:48 AM   #191
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Yerandy Laguito No. 2

Old 01-03-2024, 09:33 PM   #192
borndead1

Partagas

Smoking another Record Bond #3.

I am TELLIN' you guys...for a $4 and under (on sale) stick, these are a huge winner. No joke, this cigar is better than the $30 Davidoff I smoked earlier. More depth of flavor, better burn. I actually look forward to smoking these $4 sticks, and I would LOVE to trick mfs with these in a blind taste test.

Apparently, whenever I smoke one of these, I trip out on how good they are and order more. I currently have about 120 of them.
Old 01-04-2024, 08:20 AM   #193
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Who makes the Record Bond, Mark?

Old 01-04-2024, 09:09 AM   #194
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Smoking another Record Bond #3.

I am TELLIN' you guys...for a $4 and under (on sale) stick, these are a huge winner. No joke, this cigar is better than the $30 Davidoff I smoked earlier. More depth of flavor, better burn. I actually look forward to smoking these $4 sticks, and I would LOVE to trick mfs with these in a blind taste test.

Apparently, whenever I smoke one of these, I trip out on how good they are and order more. I currently have about 120 of them.
Quote:
Who makes the Record Bond, Mark?
Where Can I Find These???
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:17 AM   #195
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Found It!!!
https://www.cigarpage.com/record-bond.html
Old 01-04-2024, 12:13 PM   #196
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Thanks Greg!

Old 01-04-2024, 03:26 PM   #197
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
I would LOVE to trick mfs with these in a blind taste test.
Kind of a thread hijack, but I sent out a blind taste test a few years back. It was kind of an interesting deal to read the reviews people did of the cigars I sent out. I remember that a couple guys signed up to do the reviews, got their packages, and then failed to deliver.

Maybe you should do a blind review of some sticks. It might be interesting to see if it generates a few more posts around here.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 01-08-2024, 07:45 PM   #198
borndead1

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post

HOLD ON, bro. Don't order just yet. I think they may have gone to sh*t.

These were only available in 5 packs for the longest time. Recently, they came out with boxes. So of course I bought a box.

There's something wrong with them. They taste like moldy hay. Like some of the filler tobacco got contaminated with mold or something.
Old 01-09-2024, 08:07 AM   #199
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
HOLD ON, bro. Don't order just yet. I think they may have gone to sh*t.

These were only available in 5 packs for the longest time. Recently, they came out with boxes. So of course I bought a box.

There's something wrong with them. They taste like moldy hay. Like some of the filler tobacco got contaminated with mold or something.
Oh, Well. Ordered A 5'er. Thanks For The Update.
Old 01-13-2024, 09:09 PM   #200
borndead1

Partagas

La Palina Mr. Sam lancero 7" x 38

I'm always wanting to try cigars made in 'Merica, so I added a fiver of these to a recent Cigar Page order.

Nice looking cigar. Smooth surface, nice wrapper.

Pre-light draw is pretty tight. Ran the PerfecDraw all the way in and it only helped minimally.

Flavor-wise, this is a fantastic cigar. Nice sweet tobacco flavor in the first 1/3, nice depth to the flavor that lingers on the palate between draws. Nice smoke volume despite the tight draw. In the second 1/3, a nice spice comes through that isn't harsh at all. Sweetness has subsided. Last 1/3, a really unique flavor comes in. Like a steak?!?! A sort of salty beefy blood flavor! Never tasted that in a cigar before. Not sure I like it. But maybe that's just because it's new. The draw doesn't improve at all.

It was also a very slow burning cigar. Smoke time was about 1 hr 20 min.

It loses points for the tight draw and several burn corrections. But I feel like maybe I didn't let these rest long enough and maybe the internal humidity is still too high. I'm gonna let the rest sleep for a few months.