Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Yes, Utah Grizzlies

83 penalty minutes last night for the Grizz last night....66 for the Thunder. Everyone in the starting line-up for both teams dropped the gloves 2 seconds into the game last night....and it didn't end there.

Still have 1 point on the Wranglers, but not for long if they don't start playing better.
I'd love to see that. 149PIM WOO HOOO.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #242
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Boy them Grizzlies are a crazy bunch!

Coaches Gone Wild

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #243
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Going to drink a few celebratory(took down the team we are tied with in 3rd) beers downstairs, but I hope to post a pic tonight that will make up for all my doting on the kids....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #244
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Boom....

Better keep your head up Little Man....

Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #245
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Did anyone get the license plate of that truck?
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #246
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Did anyone get the license plate of that truck?
I hear ya Mike....

I actually ask him if he cared if I posted for all the friends to see(FB), he laughed and said, why not.... Spend any time out there and this is going to happen,....biggest problem was, Dad had the shutter moving...

Great game. 2 fairly evenly matched teams going at it for 1.5 hours...not a bad way to spend an evening. I had the added bonus that the Little Man was playing....
Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #247
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Cut and paste from one of his youtube videos, but Micah hit this kid pretty good for some reason. I think he thought it was this one kid he doesnt like much .
Old 01-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #248
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Micahs goal streak ended.
He played well had some good chances, but didnt convert.
Had a big hit again
Old 01-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #249
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

"OH NO" on the goal streak..... "NICE" on the big hit!

Tell Micah streaks always come to an end, but it's time to start another...
Old 01-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #250
ahc4353

No points?!! Bench him!! Bag him!! This is not about fun it's about winning!!!!

Alina left for PA to see Jr. and now headed to Mitch's game. I'l watch him from home on fasthockey.com Not the best video but for seven bucks it beats not seeing it at all.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:40 PM   #251
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Hell no. He got a hug and a kiss on the head after the game same as always brother. Went to the net as usual, skated with his head up all game, set up shop infront of the net looking for the feeds. Love watching him use his brain out there and not be a mindless puck chaser. The only time I ever talk to him if he isnt moving his feet. Even then I always try to put it in positive terms.

End of game was classic he stayed back as they were winning by one. I was proud to see him do that without anyone saying anything. When I asked him, he said the goalie needed help. One of their kids gets a mini break and starts skating towards him. coach is yelling clear the puck. Micah decides to be a human bowling ball and takes out the kid. Hit him pretty good. Puck goes to the wall game ends. I love that he loves to hit already, but pretty soon I think he may take a penalty. I think he gets away with a little more cause the kids that ref the game seem to like him.

Al I was watching a PSU game on justin.tv last night while at work. I think they stream most the games. I could only watch for a few minutes then got some calls for service.

Last edited by Ahbroody; 01-22-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #252
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Few pics from the County Rec game last night... Had a goal and an assist. The team actually played really well and had a shot at taking out the #1 team in the league. In the end, it was not to be. Fun game all the same.

He breaks down the ice in this, takes it into the corner and sends a really nice pass to a kid going to the net, who puts it in. Then the celebratory hugs at the end....

Camped in front, kid in the back threw him the puck and he had the wide open net as you can see....then a thank you.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:37 PM   #253
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Yes, Utah Grizzlies

83 penalty minutes last night for the Grizz last night....66 for the Thunder. Everyone in the starting line-up for both teams dropped the gloves 2 seconds into the game last night....and it didn't end there.

Still have 1 point on the Wranglers, but not for long if they don't start playing better.
Totally forgot, my daughters favorite player, Hugo Carpentier, now plays for Utah. When they came to Vegas he picked a few PIM, and we got to chant "Hugo Sucks". My daughter just about cried. I laughed at her.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #254
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

New rig for the little man. Dont even know why I grabbed ot as its discontinued. He tried it at lax yesterday and liked it.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #255
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Looking good, Mike!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #256
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Tough loss to a BAD team.... Not so sure it will actually go down as a loss, as the game was called with 2.5 minutes to go with us done 2-1. We had a 3 on 5 w/ 2:30(1:45 to go in the penalty), but there was a throwdown, with kids coming out of the box(not off the bench) and they called the game.

What do you do....??? Gave the LM a hug(he was REALLY upset about his shifts in the 3rd) and gave him the drink he ask for before the game.... He is still disappointed about his shifts in the 3rd.......

Old 01-29-2011, 09:09 PM   #257
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

So I am guessing the kids that fought will be suspended?
Guessing it was a pretty big fight for them to call the game.

Micah got a goal today, but more importantly played super hard. Buzzed around the ice, involved in everything. Had some good scoring chances. Was glad to see because this on monday at practice I had to talk to him about being disruptive during drills and half aszing everything. Mainly the disruptive thing pissed me off. Its my job on the ice to wrangle the $hitheads during practice. I was definitely upset I had to talk to him on more than one occasion about being a $hit disturber. Something I never have to do. He definitely seemed to respond to what I said.

He wants to skate and shoot everyday. I am in discussion with my wife on how to address this. I dont want to burn him out. As it is we take some of the boys to a little 25x50 sheet for a private little kid gretzky hour on Sunday for an hour, Monday he has practice, every other thursday I take him to a 1/2hour small group skating class and Saturday he plays games. He skates atleast 3 days a week. Sometimes he rollerblades in the garage. He asks to everyday, but I tell him no somedays. I know up North many kids skate everyday. His favorite thing to do is play games. There is a small rink 15 minutes from our house that has a little 9 and under inhouse league, very informal. They practice friday nights and play sunday mornings. You can join anytime. I think if given the choice this would be his first option. I would pull him out of the pond skate on sundays and his skate class every other thursday if I did this. Its cheap. The ice isnt great, but he would like it. Guess I am looking for some feedback from some older dads who have already been here. I dont know that he should be skating more than 4 days a week at this age.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 AM   #258
ahc4353

If he wants to be on the ice I say give him all he wants as long as it's fun and he wants to be there.

BTW Mike, the fish bowl is going to cause mental problems down the road. All the churping he's going to have to deal with is going to cause some serious issues.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:58 AM   #259
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
If he wants to be on the ice I say give him all he wants as long as it's fun and he wants to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
So I am guessing the kids that fought will be suspended?
Guessing it was a pretty big fight for them to call the game.
Yes, we lost 4 kids....

3 games in 24 hours... 1-1-1

Going through the pics now...
Old 01-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #260
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Few from the first game yesterday.