Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
Noodles
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Noodles is on a distinguished road
Default Jamaica

Looking to go to Jamaica end of June or early July. Is this a good time to go or to close to hurricane season?

Any advice on what to do? We might go to the Palladium in Lucea or RIU in Negril. Looking to mostly relax (lay in the beach, smoke cigars, hit the bars at night) and possibly do some nature stuff.

Thanks.
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
joshpip
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (13)
Partagas
joshpip is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jamaica

Hey brother check out the Royal Plantation. Wife and I did a week there and it was hands down the best all inclusive resort we've been to. We've done Dreams, Riu and Secrets. It is worth the extra $$$. PM me if you have any questions.

Pip
joshpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Jamaica

June or July you will be fine. I was there last summer the second week of July and I had the same concerns but really hurrican season hasn't kicked in yet at that point. It is what they call "rainy season" so the sunsets aren't the best in the world but I have some of the best sunsets here, so no biggie.

We went to Negril and stayed at Rockhouse. It isn't all inclusive if that is what you're looking for but I would highly recommend it. In fact, at some point I will no doubt stay there again.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote