Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Cuba Libre chairman

Nestor Plasencia is responsible for this box pressed Honduran premium 7 x 52 cigar. The Corojo wrapper isn’t all too pretty, it’s a bit wrinkled. The cigar has a lot of aroma of hay, grass and horse. The predraw is fine and leaves a raisin flavor on my lips. I got this cigar in a bomb from Smoking Gator.

The mild coffee flavor that I taste is warm. After a few puffs I could also taste light leather and the coffee is gone. The structure of the smoke is creamy and after 1/3rd I could taste some light and creamy chocolate.

At 2/3rd the cigar gains some power without becoming full bodied. The soft leather is gone and I all I can taste is a full chocolate flavor combined with a nutty aftertaste.

This mild bodied but full flavored cigar has a nice aroma to it while smoking. The smoke is just enough, the draw and the burn are good. It took me little over two hours to smoke this cigar, and it surely wasn’t a punishment.

Would I buy this cigar again? You bet you, very nice cigar and not too expensive

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 6 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 8 / 10
Old 03-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cuba Libre chairman

LOL... I went to the thread to say I enjoy those also. I had forgotten I sent that to you. Certainly a good review on a good stick for the money!
Old 03-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the review. I like this blend. I need to snag some more.
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
shortstory5

Nice review. I agree with you that it's a nice little, but not so little, yard-gar.