Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #1521
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Sad news. IMO Lidstrom is the 2nd best D-man next to Bobby Orr. Given I'm biased but I'm lucky enough to have been able to watch him for 20 years.

Likewise, Christos. I think the Wings need Suter, Parise, and another top 4 D-man as well. This is truly the end of an era, but it doesn't have to be the end of the run for the Wings. They have a ton of cap room to get some fresh blood in here. In Holland we trust.
That's the truth. Hopefully he makes some good moves even if that means selling his soul to get better players here.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #1522
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
What does it say about my confidence in Blackhawk goaltending that I wish old man Hasek would consider Chicago?

http://www.canada.com/sports/Dominik...774/story.html
Old 06-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #1523
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Tim Thomas talking about sitting out 2012-2013 for "family reasons".

Maybe, or maybe he is just a head case.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:10 AM   #1524
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

The guy is a freakin head case,last season he stripped his mask and pads of any Bruins logos.
He was mad at the team because they tried to trade him two seasons ago,the only thing that kept him in town was the great hot streak that took the B's to the cup.
What sux's is the team will take a 5 mil cap hit if he sits.
He moved his home to Colorado in the middle of the season,who the heck would do that?
Looks like he is trying to shoot his way out of town,it won't be hard to do looks like a done deal?
Old 06-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #1525
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

New Jersey is in real trouble now having to go back to LA for two straight games down 2-0 in the series. The worst part is New Jersey has actually kept pace and played well in both games. It seems like they are playing not to lose instead of playing to win though and I think that has been a big difference so far.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #1526
ChicagoWhiteSox

Hell of a game tonight on both ends. LA will close in game 5

Old 06-03-2012, 02:05 AM   #1527
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Its looking that way.
I am expecting hell to freeze very soon.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:32 AM   #1528
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Kings will hoist the Cup this week.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #1529
drjammer
I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Trading: (0)
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Kings will hoist the Cup this week.
+1
Old 06-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #1530
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Not even close. I look for the Kings to skate the Cup for their home fans Wednesday.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #1531
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Not even close. I look for the Kings to skate the Cup for their home fans Wednesday.
They're looking awfully tough to beat right now.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #1532
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

That game was an ass whooping. Was at the rink with the boy, but caught a decent amount of the game.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #1533
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Every game so far I have thought NJ was going to break out and take a lasting lead. For long stretches over each game they have dominated puck possession in the Kings zone, but they just can't get past Quick.

That OT in game one, I was sure NJ was going to win. I didn't get that exact same feeling in game two's OT, but I think LA is flirting with disaster in not being able to effectively clear the puck. If it wasn't for Quick, this series could be 2-1 NJ.

I also thought game three was very close, maybe even tilting towards NJ again until that first goal. Even at 2-0 Kings there were times that NJ looked like they could be right back in it.

Now I'm hoping that LA just crushes NJ early and often in game four, just get it over with, and let me get back to worrying about how my Pens are going to come back next year!

As good as Quick has been, I am super impressed with Kopitar, or as I call him "Evgeni Kopitar" cause he reminds me so much of Geno. I think if LA closes it out tomorrow, the Conn Smythe belongs to Quick. But I would also love seeing Kopitar getting the nod.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #1534
Wanger

Haven't watched much lately, but LA being up 3-0 as an 8 seed for the Cup...it proves that all you need is a chip and a chair. But 15-2 so far in the playoffs...WOW. Not something I'd even expect from a 1 seed in the Cup playoffs.

The local angle here is how it affects the prusuit the Wild are going to put on Parise. The sentiment here is that if he won the Cup, it would be much easier for him to "come home". If they get swept, how will that affect his decisions/thoughts? Will he think "we made it, but weren't close"? Or will it be "We should have won a couple of those games...if we got some breaks...we'll be right there next year, too"? He could also look at the young guns the Wild have coming in, and think that there is something special on the horizon here.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #1535
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

As far as Parise "coming home", I am guessing that after getting this close to the Cup, he will sign with a team that is an immediate contender, rather than future potential. I see him signing in Detroit or a similar situation, Mike. Be shocked if he signed with the Wild.

L.A. should have a nice view tonight.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #1536
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
As far as Parise "coming home", I am guessing that after getting this close to the Cup, he will sign with a team that is an immediate contender, rather than future potential. I see him signing in Detroit or a similar situation, Mike. Be shocked if he signed with the Wild.

L.A. should have a nice view tonight.

while I agree parise will sign with a contender, I don't think Detroit is a contender. Don't hate Wings fans I think the Sharks window may have closed also. Detroit lost Rafalski last year and Lindstrom and Stuart this year. Half the defensive core in two years is going to create a mess we Shark fans will love. They need to rebuild the blue line before anything else. Wouldn't mind seeing Stuart come home to his family and finish his career in teal.

Okay done with my gas can.
Kings I think will be rabid dogs tonight. Will be shocked if they don't.lift the cup tonight. Couple of summer tourneys the boy could play in over the next month in socal. Almost tempted to go. Almost. so not a socal person.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #1537
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
I don't think Detroit is a contender.
I think the Wings will be in full-on rebuild mode for another year or two. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they missed the playoffs next year. OK maybe that is a stretch but I can't seeing them going deep in the playoffs for quite a while.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #1538
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

So basically the same as the last 3 years?
Old 06-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #1539
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
while I agree parise will sign with a contender, I don't think Detroit is a contender. Don't hate Wings fans I think the Sharks window may have closed also. Detroit lost Rafalski last year and Lindstrom and Stuart this year. Half the defensive core in two years is going to create a mess we Shark fans will love. They need to rebuild the blue line before anything else. Wouldn't mind seeing Stuart come home to his family and finish his career in teal.
They will....they will sign Suter as well as Parise. That's my prediction.

In a sad note, Vladimir Krutov, the "K" in the Soviet Union's famed KLM line, died today at age 52. While he played only one uneventful season in the NHL, he was part of one of the historic powerhouses of International Hockey for many years.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #1540
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Hope they find a way to finish tonight. Want to see the Kings skate the Cup at home. Cool to see Trevor Lewis skate the cup anywhere!!!! Go Kings!

(Go Avs 2012-13 )
Closed Thread