Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #21
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Love of small cigars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvarsity View Post
I remember someone talking about cutting a fundadore in half and I about cried. I'm not that desperate for shorter time but small rg is good and short length is also good. Who knew?
I didn't mean to make you cry. Sorry about that

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:08 AM   #22
Scimmia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvarsity View Post
One of my favorites was a ERDM petite corona from 91' that was given to me as a gift. Sweet and tasty and lasted around 20 minutes carefully sipping.
Wow, 20 min for a PC? You really smoked the crap outta that thing.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #23
skyhigh340

The Cohiba black pequenoes are getting to be my regular cigars. When I'm in my local B&M I still like the bigger rg sticks but the pequenoes are becoming my regular smoke. They are like CRACK to me.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #24
Boobar
Rubber Room Wall Bouncer

First Name: Bob
Trading: (37)
Boobar is on a distinguished road

When I first started I smoked robusto size stogies. I switched from that to corona's and petite coronas. Now I find myself going mostly for a 46 to 50 RG cigar. I mostly keep in my humi corona gordas, robustos and toros in the 46 to 50 RG range.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #25
Lucky_Hippo
A Cigar = 42

First Name: Gary
Trading: (2)
Lucky_Hippo is on a distinguished road

As soon as I get my humi filled with "perfect sized/profie" cigars I end up looking for "change of pace" smokes and it starts all over again.

As the weather gets colder, I find myself reaching for smaller sticks though.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #26
Joan

Very interesting idea...

Used to be only the small ones in public for me. Exquisito, pequenos, corona, 45 rg was my absolute limit! Of course in private it was all robusto all the time...

Now it depends on what I'm wanting to experience at the moment and the time to enjoy it.

I have absolutely no qualms over pulling out and thoroughly enjoying in front of anyone a tiny pencil thin work of art OR a 64+ monster.

But I must say, taking a larger rg stick into my mouth gets my attention more. Just because of the size, I mean. Parting my lips for a corona is like getting ready to pop some peanut M&M's. No special effort required. But the luscious big ones, uh... the phrase "relax and open wide" comes to mind. And I find myself actually salivating in antici

pation.

Yeah. Like that.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #27
jquirit
Angry Asian Dwarf

Trading: (3)
jquirit has disabled reputation

Hahahahahaa... gotta love Joan. She loves them nubs!
jquirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #28
AriesOpusX
Goodfella

Trading: (0)
AriesOpusX is on a distinguished road

I try to mix it up although I seem to always fall back to robustos.
AriesOpusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #29
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan View Post
Very interesting idea...

Used to be only the small ones in public for me. Exquisito, pequenos, corona, 45 rg was my absolute limit! Of course in private it was all robusto all the time...

Now it depends on what I'm wanting to experience at the moment and the time to enjoy it.

I have absolutely no qualms over pulling out and thoroughly enjoying in front of anyone a tiny pencil thin work of art OR a 64+ monster.

But I must say, taking a larger rg stick into my mouth gets my attention more. Just because of the size, I mean. Parting my lips for a corona is like getting ready to pop some peanut M&M's. No special effort required. But the luscious big ones, uh... the phrase "relax and open wide" comes to mind. And I find myself actually salivating in anticipation.

Yeah. Like that.
You made me blush!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #30
Joan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
You made me blush!!!
Shhhh! Get a grip on yourself, SweetBD!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #31
hdroadglide
Just in from the Storm

HUpmann
hdroadglide is on a distinguished road

the little la riqueza or a nice tatualje noella are tops of the short list for me.
hdroadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #32
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
troutbreath is on a distinguished road

Just finished a Tat Unicos. Wish it had been a Noella, because it was COLD outside.
troutbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #33
WyGuy
Boiler Up!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
WyGuy will become famous soon enoughWyGuy will become famous soon enough

I tend to smoke a lot of the smaller cigars during the winter months, since I don't find smoking a cigar in the extreme cold to enjoyable. Though the smaller cigars have been growing on me, since I don't seem to have as much time to smoke anymore.
WyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #34
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I didn't mean to make you cry. Sorry about that
Was that you. The fundadore is such a treat. I didn't actually cry but I may have misted up a bit.

Quote:
One of my favorites was a ERDM petite corona from 91' that was given to me as a gift. Sweet and tasty and lasted around 20 minutes carefully sipping.
It took some doing. I had been advised to sip very slowly and carefully on that one to fully appreciate it and I did. Really at that one small puff a minute type pace.

Quote:
Yeah. Like that.
You are cruel but yeah that is why I felt self conscious smoking a 60rg in public.

I really do believe that there is a time for every cigar and a cigar for any time. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your taste), for me lately the cigar for the time is usually a smaller smoke.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:36 AM   #35
Jimbo14
Habano Man

First Name: James
Montecristo
Jimbo14 is on a distinguished road

I really prefer smaller cigars. I find that the flavour profile is much nicer and alot more consistant.

My favorite cigar is probably the CAO MX2 Dagger at the moment. Im also a big fan of the Partagas Short and the La Gloria Cubana Minutos Maduro (NC).

I would highly recommend maduro lovers to try a CAO MX2 Dagger - that taste alot stronger than the rest of the MX2 line.
Jimbo14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:36 AM   #36
Ferrari5180
Adjusting to the Life

Ferrari5180 is on a distinguished road

I never really got into smaller guage cigars, as I usually stick between 50-54, but I am intrigued to do so. A friend of mine smokes some small punch cigars and tells me they are good. Maybe I might have to give them a try.
Ferrari5180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #37
Razorhog
Feeling at Home

First Name: Beau
Razorhog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari5180 View Post
I never really got into smaller guage cigars, as I usually stick between 50-54, but I am intrigued to do so. A friend of mine smokes some small punch cigars and tells me they are good. Maybe I might have to give them a try.
I've got a Punch London Club resting that I'm looking forward to burning.
Razorhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #38
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

Most of my cigars are 45 and lower these days, but when I first started smoking, everything was 50+

Making the switch from NCs to Cubans was the revelation for me. Now I would say that 42 looks just about average.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:59 PM   #39
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

In fact, time is the consideration in my moving from large to medium/small sizes. I still smoke bigger cigars at herfs, but my daily cigar is a robusto or corona/lonsdale size. I spend about 1 hour watching 2 1/2 hour TV shows I taped, and find myself puffing too quickly when I light up a large cigar during that time period. A robusto/lonsdale/corona size is just right for a slow, leisurely smoke that will last me about one hour.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #40
Noomis

I'm normally a pretty slow and deliberate smoker––e.g., about 1 hr. 45 min. average length for me for coronas, corona gordas, and robustos––so when I go to my smaller smokes it isn't to smoke something when I don't have the time––it already takes me about 45 - 50 min. to smoke a Padrón Corticos, which, as you know, is quite a small cigar. I make sure to allot enough time to smoke the kind of smoke I want that day––sometimes it's a double corona, sometimes it's a toro, sometimes it's a corona, and sometimes it's a demi corona. I don't always feel like sitting down and having a smoke for three hours, so I like having a variety of good quality sticks in as many vitolas as possible (not to mention the fact that the size and shape can have a great influence on the way the stick tastes). Having said all that, I rarely smoke anything with a +54 ring gauge––they're just not comfortable to smoke and hold.