Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
w squared

Default Looking for B+M in the Houston area

I'm going to be passing though the Houston area in the next week or two en route back to Canada. Happily, I've been away from Canada more than long enough that I will be able to bring back 2 boxes without paying any duty. The simplest way for me to do this will simply be to pick up two boxes from a B+M in Houston, stick them in 2 gallon ziploc bags with a Boveda pack, and bring them with me when I fly home. I'd be willing to grant lots of bonus points for a B+M that has a cigar lounge that I can stop in at and sample a few before I purchase my two boxes. Even more bonus points if it's close enough that I can stop by more than once, and is open in the evenings. (I'll probably be working out of our office in Deer Park for 2-3 days immediately before I fly out).

I've done a couple quick searches here and come up with the following:

Cigar Towne (west side of Houston)
R and J Cigars of Pearland

While I'm sure that Google could find me more options, I'd be very happy to hear the opinions of some BOTL/SOTL here.

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Looking for B+M in the Houston area

Serious Cigars is the place I like to visit every time I am in Houston. They have an extremely large selection and a very knowledgeable staff for your needs. The Champions location on the NW side of Houston is worth a visit.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Try this
http://www.cigarfriendly.us/
Old 10-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

Houston is so large, it would be helpful if you knew what part of town you will be in. Serious cigars is by far the best place I know of, but it is about 45min north of downtown.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Deer Park is kinda a B&M no mans land. Where is your hotel? What airport (Hobby or Bush)?

I have a lot of suggestions but none of them are near Deer Park. Closest things will be Downtown/Heights area or south to the Clear Lake area.

Oh and when are we herfing? lol
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
w squared

JJG, the office and hotel are both right in Deer Park. I'll be flying out of Bush.

Last time I was in Deer Park I certainly didn't see anything that "looked" right, and what you gents are telling me seems to line up with that. The upside is that the hotel we tend to use is less than five minutes to the beltway-which I'm liking in comparison to Calgary's half-a-horseshoe wannabe ring road

iratebass, thanks for the link! So far the place near clear lake is looking to be the most convenient. I am definitely up for an impromptu herf. I've missed out on two Calgary herfs, a poker night, and a four-day offroading and cigar binge while down here in Freeport.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Ya Deer Park B&Ms with cigars are gonna be the kind of place you can get rolling paper at if you get my meaning.

Keep in mind Beltway 8 is a toll road. And not that of a cheap one. For example I-10 to I-45 will cost you $3.50.

The Smoke Ring in Webster/Clear Lake has a nice lounge, humidor with a very large selection. If you are coming that far my place is about 3minutes away too.

Close and convenient also depend on traffic. Rush hour 225 isn't horrible but not the best. You want to avoid I-45 between 5pm and 6:30. Also avoid the SW and West side of the 610 Loop durring those times. And 59 headed out of town. Otherwise just standard rush hour traffic. People say its bad, but nothing disimilar from Calgary during the rush.

The other option from where you are is Heights Cigar. My personal fav place. Newer with a much more limited humidor. But great staff, who are friends, and lounge. Wendesday night is poker night at Heights btw. you can take 225 to 610 North at east loop and be there from Deer Park in about 15 minutes without traffic.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by w squared View Post

iratebass, thanks for the link!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
Jefft72
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (2)
Jefft72 is on a distinguished road

New member here, but wanted to register to offer my recommendation for The Smoke Ring in Clear Lake. Nice and comfy lounge area with good folks to aid in your selection.
Jefft72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #10
w squared

Thanks gents. Looks like I'll be stopping by Clear Lake once things wrap up down here in Freeport.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
scottdurand
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Scott
Trading: (0)
scottdurand is on a distinguished road

I travel to the area often on business and will say hands down Smoke Ring in Webster. Chris is a great guy that knows his cigars and you won't be let down!
scottdurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #12
w squared

Thanks guys! I was into the Smoke Ring this afternoon, and left with a couple boxes for myself and a "grab bag" of 25 sticks for a colleague. I found that the selection was broad, and somewhat different to what I've seen in other places, and I got lots of attentive and knowledgeable help from the get that was working. I also had enough time to site down, relax, and smoke one while I was in there. Exactly what I was hoping for!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #13
Jefft72
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (2)
Jefft72 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a good time. Glad you enjoyed it.
I stopped in this evening for the Ashton event. I picked up a San Cristobal Elegancia and 2 La Aroma de Cuba sticks. All are new to me.....looking forward to them all.
Jefft72 is offline   Reply With Quote