Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-09-2022, 01:17 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Aganorsa JRF Maduro Super Toro

https://www.aganorsaleaf.com/cigars/jfr-maduro/

So i got this is a sampler pack just to try some cigars i've never heard of before and wanted to review some based on the single cigar. I still want to start reviewing cigars based on two in the future to be fair but i don't have tow of these so you'll have to suffer through this review

Appearance: A little rough at the head but nothing bad with a pigtail head and a tucked foot. Triple capped with some small veins

Draw: after cutting it's a little loose but still has enough resistance to enjoy

lots of sweet tobacco and chocolate, dry fruit like raisins, vanilla, kola nuts, mild coffee notes, some mild citrus notes like orange zest, leather, white pepper, some wood tones, smoke is really full but it leaves a dry aftertaste, lots of earthiness

earthiness, pepper, chocolate, coffee, still has that mild citrus note and it’s leaving my mouth a little dry while pouring out tons of smoke, kola nuts, mild creaminess, still has some sweet tobacco flavors but mostly an earthy cigar, dry fruits, vanilla, leather, some creaminess starting to develop nicely, some woodiness

earthiness for sure like freshly tilled soil, creaminess, no more citrus notes, coffee, chocolate, caramel, vanilla, kola nuts, toffee, leather, wood, more sweetness now, pepper and some spiciness,

Burn:was almost dead on even throughout.

Ash: while not perfect was white and stayed together fairly well

Finish:So i guess the question for me is would i buy it again and at first i would've said no but this cigar developed so nicely that it's changed my perspective. As a change of pace i would buy it again but i wouldn't grab it first thing. i'm not making a special trip for the cigar but if i'm buying a 5 pack sampler i might grab this last. that DOES NOT make this a bad cigar. in fact it's quite a good cigar. if you're looking for a cigar to shake things up a bit getting bored of buying all Puente all the time then give it a try. you won't be disappointed but i'm also not going to rank this cigar higher than it deserves. it was pretty good. I hope you enjoyed my little review and hope you have a blessed day! God bless you all!
Old 01-09-2022, 01:48 PM   #2
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aganorsa JRF Maduro Super Toro

Thanks for the review!

Try some of the Aganorsa Miamis with the corojo wrapper. You’ll be happy.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 02:39 PM   #3
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

I think Darrel (skywalker) bought 75% of stock years ago.
Old 01-09-2022, 03:22 PM   #4
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Thanks for the review!

Try some of the Aganorsa Miamis with the corojo wrapper. You’ll be happy.
Agreed, those are some tasty sticks!
Old 01-10-2022, 02:59 PM   #5
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

The blend is Don Pepin's!! The Don got his first job with Tobaculera Tropical when he first got the US and this is the very first blend he got produced.

A great cigar for the money and a major seller at the local shop.