Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 07-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #561
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

I ate everything in sight for the last three days. Went conoeing yesterday.
This morning, 210.4.
That's officially 40 pounds since somewhere around the first of the year. 2 pounds in the last 11 days. I'm averaging about 1 1/2 pounds a week and I don't do anything to make it happen. I just keep active as I can and don't eat any artificial stuff except sucralose.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:34 AM   #562
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I ate everything in sight for the last three days. Went conoeing yesterday.
This morning, 210.4.
That's officially 40 pounds since somewhere around the first of the year. 2 pounds in the last 11 days. I'm averaging about 1 1/2 pounds a week and I don't do anything to make it happen. I just keep active as I can and don't eat any artificial stuff except sucralose.
If only I could do the same. I've been hitting the gym, but my food cravings have been hitting me hard over the summer.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #563
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
If only I could do the same. I've been hitting the gym, but my food cravings have been hitting me hard over the summer.
I'm sick 90% of the day because of the pain and meds, so that helps.
I drink at least a gallon or two of Aquafina grape water, or just ice water, or powerade zero. I always have a 32 ouncer sitting by me and I drink it religiously.
I keep it warm and pour it over ice, so it's always watered down 50% or better. So it's really just water. Keeps me full.
When I eat, I really eat. The last 3 days I ate everything in sight, but really only one meal a day.
If I get hungry before 5:00, which doesn't generally happen, I eat a snack. Whatever I find first. It might be a candy bar or granola or jelly beans or whatever's sitting around. Doesn't matter. A couple bites settles my stomach so I don't get sick, then I try to eat around 5, then that's it.
If I get hungry at 1 in the morning, I eat a bowl of cereal or something.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #564
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

208.4 this morning.
Got a lot of exercise this week, got lots of work done, and only spent a couple days laid up. Yesterday I think I had a tuna salad sammich and some peanut M&M's.
Only smoked one cigar, too.
I wanna go for a hike today. Or something before it starts raining.
I oughta go cut my grass and have a cigar.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #565
kayaker

Whew! Found my way back again. Been a busy 4 weeks with lots of paddling. I'll be weighing in again on Thursday or Friday. I haven't really anything and there may even be a small gain, but over all I have been able to stay a about 5lbs below my usual weight.

Hope everyone is having a great summer.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:22 AM   #566
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Whew! Found my way back again. Been a busy 4 weeks with lots of paddling. I'll be weighing in again on Thursday or Friday. I haven't really anything and there may even be a small gain, but over all I have been able to stay a about 5lbs below my usual weight.

Hope everyone is having a great summer.
Glad to see you back in here, Ian. Both you and Scott are making me look bad.

BTW, I found a place about three hours from here that rent kayaks. I'm thinking about headed back up that way soon and trying one out.

I am down from 248 to 244 this morning.

Insert quote here.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #567
kayaker

Quote:
BTW, I found a place about three hours from here that rent kayaks. I'm thinking about headed back up that way soon and trying one out.
Cool. Post some pics when you do.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #568
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

207.6 today.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #569
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
207.6 today.
I screwed that up. 206.8. I had the scale sitting on an earring thing. Must have screwed it up.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:36 PM   #570
kayaker

After a few weeks of paddling I've stayed pretty much the same, though I have a 1lb gain since my last weigh in.

I've got to start some regular activity for the rest of the summer and fall now.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #571
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

206.0 today.
I'm seven pounds away from buying the chocolate pudding.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #572
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

I've been doing nothing but eating crappy and not exercising for the last few months. This week I decided to get back on with what i know i should do.. In life, a lot of the decisions we make come down to risk vs reward. To get healthy for me is almost no risk, with a huge reward of not getting diabetes, heart disease, heart attack and whatever else comes with being a fat ass It's hard because i love, and maybe i'm obsessed with food, and i hate exercise. But regardless, i started again, I'm vowing to walk at least 3 times a week, and i'm trying for more. So this last weekend I walked on Saturday and Sunday, and started following weight watchers again, and i'm down 3 lbs already in just 4-5 days. Here we go again ! *rollseyes*
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #573
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
I've been doing nothing but eating crappy and not exercising for the last few months. This week I decided to get back on with what i know i should do.. In life, a lot of the decisions we make come down to risk vs reward. To get healthy for me is almost no risk, with a huge reward of not getting diabetes, heart disease, heart attack and whatever else comes with being a fat ass It's hard because i love, and maybe i'm obsessed with food, and i hate exercise. But regardless, i started again, I'm vowing to walk at least 3 times a week, and i'm trying for more. So this last weekend I walked on Saturday and Sunday, and started following weight watchers again, and i'm down 3 lbs already in just 4-5 days. Here we go again ! *rollseyes*
Congrats on the 3 lbs and the recommitment

Insert quote here.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #574
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
206.0 today.
I'm seven pounds away from buying the chocolate pudding.

Insert quote here.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #575
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

205.6 this morning.
That makes me 20 pounds heavier than I was 13 years ago when my daughter was born. At 29 I was 185 and ripped. Spent every day at the gym.
Once the baby came, we laid around all day eating ice cream and getting hollered at by mom.
I promised myself by the time I was 45 I'd be in better shape than I was at 29.
So I set to trying. It didn't go well. Then I quit trying and gave it all to God.
Now it's going great.
I just got a new TENS unit yesterday and it's cut my meds in half. In a few more days I should be able to get back to doing something aside from staring at the ceiling in bed.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #576
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I haven't seen that number since my freshman year of college, Scott.

Pudding!

Insert quote here.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #577
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
I haven't seen that number since my freshman year of college, Scott.

Pudding!
Pudding, bay-bee!!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #578
LordOfWu

Thought I'd jump on here...I've lost about 10 lbs in the last 3 months, but I have a new goal of losing about 7 more before the 28th of this month. I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I have a tournament on the 28th, and I want to be in the 170 - 189 lb division, rather than the 190 - 209 lb division. I'm at about 195 right now (give or take a pound). I'm only 5'8" and I'd love to be right around 180 - 185 lb walking around weight.

It's great to see you guys working at losing the weight, I love food so it's quite hard for me to give things up...but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!
Old 08-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #579
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

OK here goes I'm starting P90X next Monday, I hope to drop about 25 lbs. My biggest issue is going to be the nutrition plan, not because of what I'm limited to eating but how much and how often to eat. Right Now I eat 3 meals a day, one in the morning between 8 and 10, Lunch between 1 and 3 and my last meal usually at 10 at night. My other issue is I don't like to cook so lunch is usually a foot long turkey from Subway and supper is whatever I can scrape together in 5 minutes.

I'm going to the grocery store after work and am stocking up on everything that I'm going to need for next week and use Sunday afternoon to grill up tons of chicken breasts.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #580
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

I decided to just go for it and started P90X yesterday... To say that it is a workout is an understatement. I convinced the fiancee to do plyometrics with me today.

I've stated the nutritional plan that goes along with the workout and I can't stop drinking water, I'm thirsty all the time, but I'm so full of water. Blah.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote