Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 03-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #41
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Who has a Keurig coffee pot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barndog View Post
Whats the deal? i have just got one but have not register yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWeb View Post
I just registered mine.

The site responded with a buy two, get two free offer.
Buy two get two free + free shipping + 10% off.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #42
reggiebuckeye
Exploring all slopes

First Name: Ummm
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Retired)
reggiebuckeye will become famous soon enough

I just bought one Friday. Seeing it in use at Dave's last herf made it a must have. I am in love with this thing. Now to find some different blends I enjoy. I did register, and I'm waiting for the boxes of samplers to arrive.

The Target I purchased it from had 18ct boxes of K-cups for 9.95. You may want to look into that.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #43
MrsSledn
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Cathy
Trading: (0)
MrsSledn is on a distinguished road

Most boxes hold either 24 or 25 kcups for $9.99.

Ours is acting a little funny the past couple weeks. Running slower.
MrsSledn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #44
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Amazon has K-Cups Coffee & Tea (for use in Keurig brewing machines) from Coffee People, Diedrich, and Gloria Jean starting at $21 for pack of 50. Choose subscribe and save, and apply coupon code KCUP5499 to save an additional 10% making them from as low as $15.50 with free shipping. (from slickdeals)

Really good pricing. I love the donut shop coffee and the Jet Fuel.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #45
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSledn View Post

I would try diluting some vineagar in water and running it through the machine. Just to clean it out.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #46
MrsSledn
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I would try diluting some vineagar in water and running it through the machine. Just to clean it out.
Thank you! I will try that.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #47
reggiebuckeye
Exploring all slopes

Quote:

Really? Where are these boxes for $10 with 24 or 25 cups? I'm a bit new to this, and haven't seen these discounts yet.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #48
MrsSledn
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiebuckeye View Post
Really? Where are these boxes for $10 with 24 or 25 cups? I'm a bit new to this, and haven't seen these discounts yet.
I buy the teas, so I am not to sure if there is a difference in price. But a lot of the teas I buy are 24 cups for $9.99. http://www.coffee.org/

When you look around, some sites will give you free shipping if you order over a certain amount. I took part in a Keurig contest and won 4 free boxes. When you register with Keurig, you get a couple free boxes with a purchase I believe of 2 boxes.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #49
reggiebuckeye
Exploring all slopes

Quote:
I buy the teas, so I am not to sure if there is a difference in price. But a lot of the teas I buy are 24 cups for $9.99. http://www.coffee.org/

When you look around, some sites will give you free shipping if you order over a certain amount. I took part in a Keurig contest and won 4 free boxes. When you register with Keurig, you get a couple free boxes with a purchase I believe of 2 boxes.
I did register. Their boxes are $13 or so with a 10% discount for the 24-25 ct boxes. So I guess 18 ct would be around $9-10. Thank you for assisting a rookie with his new-found love.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #50
skullnrose
Ashes,ashes,all fall down

First Name: Scott
Trading: (16)
HUpmann
skullnrose is on a distinguished road

Mine(platinum) was running a little off lately it would turn off after brewing 1 cup. It seems this is a known issue. I called Keurig and they are sending out a new unit no questions asked. If you are having problems call them. They offer great customer service they didn't even want the old one back. Oh and for my troubles they are sending 2 boxes of the coffee of my choice.

I went to BB&B to buy one for my folks and noticed they were all pulled from the shelves. The manager said it was due to an issue with the pump.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #51
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullnrose View Post
Mine(platinum) was running a little off lately it would turn off after brewing 1 cup. It seems this is a known issue. I called Keurig and they are sending out a new unit no questions asked. If you are having problems call them. They offer great customer service they didn't even want the old one back. Oh and for my troubles they are sending 2 boxes of the coffee of my choice.

I went to BB&B to buy one for my folks and noticed they were all pulled from the shelves. The manager said it was due to an issue with the pump.
I'm glad to see the customer service was there...that's hard to find now a days.

Did the machine totally shut off, or just stop brewing? The reason I'm asking is because a while ago our machine started brewing a cup and stoped about half way. When we put the next cup in, it brewed that cup and what ever was left of the first cup that didn't finish...weird.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #52
MrsSledn
Still Watching My Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa View Post
I'm glad to see the customer service was there...that's hard to find now a days.

Did the machine totally shut off, or just stop brewing? The reason I'm asking is because a while ago our machine started brewing a cup and stoped about half way. When we put the next cup in, it brewed that cup and what ever was left of the first cup that didn't finish...weird.
Yes! Ours is more of a motor like problem. Yesterday, I did clean it out with vineagar/water. Ran fine when I did that part. Later went to make a cup of tea and the problem resurfaced. Took longer to brew. Then it brewed half of what it was supposed to. Hit the button after it was ready again. Brewed fine that time. It's getting quite annoying to say the least. Darn machine is not even 4 months old.

Glad to know we are not the only ones experiencing a problem with it.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #53
Gonesledn
making trails

First Name: Wes
Trading: (31)
Gonesledn will become famous soon enough

just got off the phone with customer service. they are sendingout a replacement, no charge. they dont want the old machine back, just want me to send the little black holder part back to the manufacter to effectively disable the machine. i have a myK attachment, so i dont need it anyway. looks like the old one will go out into my garage"mancave smoking room"

they refered to the problems as "short brew" and "delayed brew"

great customer service, i will say that.
Gonesledn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #54
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Yes! Ours is more of a motor like problem. Yesterday, I did clean it out with vineagar/water. Ran fine when I did that part. Later went to make a cup of tea and the problem resurfaced. Took longer to brew. Then it brewed half of what it was supposed to. Hit the button after it was ready again. Brewed fine that time. It's getting quite annoying to say the least. Darn machine is not even 4 months old.

Glad to know we are not the only ones experiencing a problem with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonesledn View Post
just got off the phone with customer service. they are sendingout a replacement, no charge. they dont want the old machine back, just want me to send the little black holder part back to the manufacter to effectively disable the machine. i have a myK attachment, so i dont need it anyway. looks like the old one will go out into my garage"mancave smoking room"

they refered to the problems as "short brew" and "delayed brew"

great customer service, i will say that.
Well, I guess the one good thing is it seems this problem has happened enought that Keurig is prepared to replace the machines and stand by their product. However, I can totally see why you would be mad with your machine only being 4 months old.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #55
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

I saw this on slicke deals.net. I don't have one, but figured I'd pass on the offer.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1950858
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #56
skullnrose
Ashes,ashes,all fall down

First Name: Scott
Trading: (16)
HUpmann
skullnrose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa View Post

Mine totally shut off after brewing 1 cup. quick flick of the on/off switch fixed it but you had to wait fir it to then heat the water.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #57
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

interesting....i don't like knowing people are having problems with their keurig. I was thinking of getting one soon.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #58
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
interesting....i don't like knowing people are having problems with their keurig. I was thinking of getting one soon.
Everyone so far (including my folks, whom I gifted one last month) that have had their's fail have gotten a new one from Keurig, no questions asked, no "ship it to us and we'll look at it before replacing", no hassle and a couple free boxes of coffee for their trouble. That is all the MORE reason to buy from this company. I have two and I have no doubt that if there is an issue with one or both Keurig will take care of it.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #59
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
Everyone so far (including my folks, whom I gifted one last month) that have had their's fail have gotten a new one from Keurig, no questions asked, no "ship it to us and we'll look at it before replacing", no hassle and a couple free boxes of coffee for their trouble. That is all the MORE reason to buy from this company. I have two and I have no doubt that if there is an issue with one or both Keurig will take care of it.
Good point Andrew. Now I need to know if my roommates will destroy this. I know how they are with some of the other appliances that have been purchased.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #60
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Another source for k cups that I can recomment from personal experience is coffeecart.com. Free shipping at $45 worth of sales and after you buy from them they will periodically email you a code for buy a certain amount and get a box free.