Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 12-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #41
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Today:

Breakfast = meal replacement shake

Lunch = Chicken breast, baked red potatoes, and butter beans

Dinner = Chili

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #42
wigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquirit View Post
wigg, is this the book you're talking about?

The South Beach Diet by Dr. Arthur Agatston
YEP
Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 AM   #43
Shaerza
Weasel

First Name: Dan
Trading: (0)
Partagas
Shaerza is on a distinguished road

How did you guys fair during the holidays? I did terrible and feel pretty down about it. I wasnt making the worst choices on portion control etc, but i was snacking and drinking WAY too much. Damnit beer being so good! Now with my sailing trip in 2 weeks I have to try to shed off the 4+lbs I just added Guess its time for some extra hiit sessions.
Shaerza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #44
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Funeral food is bad, Christmas food is bad, and New Year's drinking is bad. Not gonna post in here again until New Year's Day.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #45
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

It is a good day on the homefront! I convinced my wife to get onboard w/ me. I had to make a sacrifice in order to get her onboard, but she is finaly w/ me. I had to make a New Year's Resolution to quit drinking, but that will only make my task the easier. So starting Monday, my wife will be officially on board the weightloss track w/ me. I know that this will make my task all the easier as I will have some direct support now.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:07 AM   #46
mrreindeer

Absolutely, that's great Andy!

I've fallen off the wagon....I'm gonna need to get back on track and drop the friggin' 15 pounds or so I've put on because of the damn holidays and busy stuff and crazy schedule we've had lately.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #47
Shaerza
Weasel

First Name: Dan
Trading: (0)
Partagas
Shaerza is on a distinguished road

Wow thats awesome that you are going to give up booze. I wish I had the willpower to even think about doing that.. well maybe not.. but its one of the best ways to jump start some healthy weight loss. Good news on the wife joining too. So much easier when you have people actively supporting ya. Good luck!
Shaerza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #48
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Allright guys, Day one (again). My wife and I are both in this together. Using the Weight Watchers system (bootleg). I'm allotted 30 points a day. Had a bowl of oatmeal this morning and a salad w/ ham and no dressing for lunch. Chugging plenty of water.

Weigh in this morning was 265lbs. Wow, Christmas break and the funeral sure did me no good. Oh well, gonna be easy now that I've got some support.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #49
kayaker

I'm relocating for a few months on Wednesday, so I am going to weigh in on Thursday morning.

Then the game is on.

I'll be watching what I'm eating and increasing my activity level.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #50
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
I'm relocating for a few months on Wednesday, so I am going to weigh in on Thursday morning.

Then the game is on.

I'll be watching what I'm eating and increasing my activity level.

Awesome!

Insert quote here.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:16 AM   #51
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Day 2:
Breakfast - Oatmeal (cinammon/sugar)
Lunch will be a turkey and spinach sandwich.
Not sure what supper will be. Last night we ate sauteed chicken w/ egg noodles (heavy on the garlic)

Weigh in of yesterday was innacurate. I switched to the digital scale today. Weigh in will officially start off at 261 lbs.

Day 2 of rain, so haven't had a chance to get out and walk/jog yet. Gotta do some indoor work to make up for it.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #52
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Andy... If you don't mind I am going to join you.

I started going to the gym and doing the treadmill in August. I also started eating a salad for lunch everyday. I lost about 20 pounds and was really feeling good. Then the holidays rolled around and my southern food lovin' arse put nearly all of that weight back on.

Started back to the gym yesterday. Yesterday's weight was 232.

Yesterday:

Breakfast - bowl of All Bran
Snack - none
Lunch - Salad with a piece of grilled salmon
Dinner - rib tips, collard greens, black eyed peas (Hey I had small portions and I can't throw that good food away).

Today:

40 minutes on the treadmill

Snack - none
Lunch- will be a salad and one of those tear open packages of salmon
Dinner - I know it is going to be grilled chicken breast, but not sure of the veggies.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 AM   #53
12stones
Yo Mama is so...

First Name: Ricky
Trading: (1)
RA MarineCorps (Disabled Vet)
12stones will become famous soon enough

I'll get in on this. I started South Beach two weeks ago with my girlfriend and have been going strong. Yes, the holiday season wasn't the smartest time to start as I really had to not partake of anything good. But I started on 12/22/08 at 226lbs and this morning I was 215lbs. This week I add in three days of exercise and will keep tracking in here.
12stones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #54
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12stones View Post
I'll get in on this.
Great! That's why I started this. Keep us updated. Let us know what works for you and what doesn't. The more the merrier!

Insert quote here.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #55
jquirit
Angry Asian Dwarf

Trading: (3)
jquirit has disabled reputation

More the merrier, right?

Weighed myself last night. 220lbs. So that'll be my starting point.

Yesterday:

- breakfast: bowl of oatmeal, three eggs (2 egg whites, 1 whole)
- lunch: lean hamburger, green salad
- dinner: chicken breast, steamed veggies
- workout: 35 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes weights

I still need to add in two snacks between the major meals. That's why I'm going grocery shopping tonight for stuff like almonds and such to snack on. Also trying to increase the amount of water I'm drinking. Got a water bottle next to me on the desk and reminding myself to take a drink when I notice it.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #56
Tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post

I started going to the gym and doing the treadmill in August. I also started eating a salad for lunch everyday. I lost about 20 pounds and was really feeling good. Then the holidays rolled around and my southern food lovin' arse put nearly all of that weight back on.

Started back to the gym yesterday. Yesterday's weight was 232.

Yesterday:

Snack - none
Lunch - Salad with a piece of grilled salmon
Dinner - rib tips, collard greens, black eyed peas (Hey I had small portions and I can't throw that good food away).

Today:

40 minutes on the treadmill

Snack - none
Lunch- will be a salad and one of those tear open packages of salmon
Dinner - I know it is going to be grilled chicken breast, but not sure of the veggies.
If you put a healthy snack between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner you will increase your metabolism. Also your body will not hold on to stored fat (Gut).
Old 01-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #57
kayaker

Last spring I was working 10 hour shifts as a welding apprentice with breaks every 2 hours. I ate small amounts at each break and something more substantial for lunch. Just the active work and snacking throughout the day helped me lose 15 pounds. I didn't really have to watch what I ate, but I did avoid bringing change for the candy and soft drink dispensers.

Also, try eating some healthy protein before bed, it will help keep your metabolism going throughout the night.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #58
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
I did avoid bringing change for the candy and soft drink dispensers.
Key point. And drink lots of water. I drink mostly water, with a diet soda every now and then. Maybe a cup of tea at night(w/ sugar substitute).

Insert quote here.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #59
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone View Post
If you put a healthy snack between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner you will increase your metabolism. Also your body will not hold on to stored fat (Gut).
Should it be veggie sticks etc or more protein like a cheese stick or some nuts?
Old 01-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #60
Tombstone

[quote=Smokin Gator;153158]Should it be veggie sticks etc or more protein like a cheese stick or some nuts?[/QUOTE

It really depends on what you are eating the rest of the day. Almonds, fat free/plain yogurt, cheese sticks are very healthy snack choices.