Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #1
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default What are you currently snusing?

The "What are you currently snusing?" Thread! Post here was you've been snusing!

I've been snusing Discreet Peach Mini!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of
Default Re: What are you currently snusing?

General Swedish White Portion Dry Mint Mini. Habana is all out of the large mint pouches.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
General Swedish White Portion Dry Mint Mini. Habana is all out of the large mint pouches.
General White Portion Dry Mint Mini is the only snus I use. I bought a can of one labeled "General White Portion", but I didn't like it at all. The pouches are too big, and the lack of mint flavor made it tough for me to handle. I'm a newbie to snus and the first I had was the mini-mint mentioned above. I wouldn't mind trying other flavors in the mini pouches. I did notice the nicotine was quite abit stronger on the larger pouch as well. It gave me a little nic buzz, even though I only had it in for 15 min or so.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
druturn

Hurray for this thread! Thanks for making it! Currently snusing:
Thunder Extra Stark Original Portion
Old 11-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
General White Portion Dry Mint Mini is the only snus I use. I bought a can of one labeled "General White Portion", but I didn't like it at all. The pouches are too big, and the lack of mint flavor made it tough for me to handle. I'm a newbie to snus and the first I had was the mini-mint mentioned above. I wouldn't mind trying other flavors in the mini pouches. I did notice the nicotine was quite abit stronger on the larger pouch as well. It gave me a little nic buzz, even though I only had it in for 15 min or so.
try some discreet flavored pouches. Strawberry and peach are good. I believe they only come in dry mini.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
try some discreet flavored pouches. Strawberry and peach are good. I believe they only come in dry mini.
Will do. Thanks for the advice. Can't get much other than mint in a mini locally. I'll have to pitch in with Fissure on his next online purchase. He lives near me and we usually herf once a month or so. He introduced me to snus.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

General White baybeee. My favorite next to Nick & Johnny which I can't get anymore.

MCS
Old 11-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

This might sound a bit out there, but I bought a regular portion General Mint, thinking that I would be able to handle the nic by now. Well I still ain't up there (which is weird cause I can smoke JdN Antano's for breakfast). Oh well. I decided I am not going to waste a whole can, so I fluffed a pouch and then split it into halves. I then sort of compressed it into two nice halves. I then cut it and folded over the excess pouch material. So far so good. It is holding well enough (no loose bits floating around) and the portion fits better as well. Not to mention it's less nic. If this works out, it will be just like mini mints and double the amount for less price.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #9
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
HdM Army (Disabled Vet)
BloodSpite is on a distinguished road

I have the devil of a time finding Snus out here. no clue why.

When I first learned of it about 2 months ago I figured I'd try it. I have found the Camel Mellow is ok and has a decent flavor and aroma, reminds me of my pipe quite honestly.
Signed up for a sampler of the General a while back via the Red Man site (I dip Red Man) but never received it.
BloodSpite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

1847 Original Portion pouch right now.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSpite View Post
I have the devil of a time finding Snus out here. no clue why.

When I first learned of it about 2 months ago I figured I'd try it. I have found the Camel Mellow is ok and has a decent flavor and aroma, reminds me of my pipe quite honestly.
Signed up for a sampler of the General a while back via the Red Man site (I dip Red Man) but never received it.
Try some of the Swedish stuff, General, etc. It is far superior to the Camel or Marlboro stuff. Much safer (health wise) too.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #12
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

HdM Army (Disabled Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Try some of the Swedish stuff, General, etc. It is far superior to the Camel or Marlboro stuff. Much safer (health wise) too.
Everything i have read makes it sound good, but then folks have ordered brides for less descriptions

Still searching for it out here. Not sure what the deal is. Save for the one cigar joint I haunt in Rogers, AR most of the smoke and tobacco shops up here quite honestly are just really poor selection, IMHO

May have to order some from online and give it a whirl!
Old 11-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #13
druturn

Quote:
Everything i have read makes it sound good, but then folks have ordered brides for less descriptions

Still searching for it out here. Not sure what the deal is. Save for the one cigar joint I haunt in Rogers, AR most of the smoke and tobacco shops up here quite honestly are just really poor selection, IMHO

May have to order some from online and give it a whirl!
Before ordering online, make certain that you enjoy true Swedish snus. Swedish snus tastes NOTHING like american "snus." I won't lie to you and tell you that I loved Swedish snus from the start, because I didn't. In fact, like cigars, the first few times I tried it, I hated it. But after a short time, I was able to appreciate the flavors, and I must admit, the nicotine hit was a plus.

The reason I warn you about ordering online is that if you go by that option, you are going to have to order in bulk to get the most for your money. Because of the PACT Act, shipping has jumped from $5 to $25 as a STANDARD. And it is the same price whether you are buying 1 can, or 25.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #14
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

HdM Army (Disabled Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by druturn View Post
Before ordering online, make certain that you enjoy true Swedish snus. Swedish snus tastes NOTHING like american "snus." I won't lie to you and tell you that I loved Swedish snus from the start, because I didn't. In fact, like cigars, the first few times I tried it, I hated it. But after a short time, I was able to appreciate the flavors, and I must admit, the nicotine hit was a plus.

The reason I warn you about ordering online is that if you go by that option, you are going to have to order in bulk to get the most for your money. Because of the PACT Act, shipping has jumped from $5 to $25 as a STANDARD. And it is the same price whether you are buying 1 can, or 25.
Appreciate the tip!

If nothing else I can always use it to bomb someone with I reckon if I end up hating (spies Flowers lurking)
Old 11-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #15
druturn

Quote:
Appreciate the tip!

If nothing else I can always use it to bomb someone with I reckon if I end up hating (spies Flowers lurking)
Send me your addy, I'll send a little sampler. I can't promise much, because I only have about 5 blends in loose and portion, but I will mix and match em for ya to give you a little taste of Sweden. I must warn you though, I use some of Sweden's strongest snus.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #16
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

I've currently got a pouch of Julesnus in. It's different but not bad. I'm not into the flavored stuff, but this stuff is different and has nice herbal undertones.
I might have to stock up since it's only seasonal.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #17
druturn

Skruf Xtra Stark loose. My head is about to be in the clouds, cause this stuff is STRONG.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #18
Will herf for food

VR

same 'ol general white portion dry mini mint
Old 11-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #19
fissure
DHC Black Ops

First Name: Steve
Trading: (48)
Partagas
fissure has disabled reputation

Nothing Am out and need to place an order. Usually stick with the mini mint, but am going to broaden my horizons with the next order
fissure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

Ettan White

MCS