Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 09-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #1181
DTM
Get to the Chopper!

First Name: Derek
Trading: (0)
DTM is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Games thread!

Just played Dead Space and am working my way through Dead Space 2. The wife just picked up Dead Island for me but that will have to wait till im done with Dead Space 2. All this is for Xbox, my next PS3 game will be Uncharted 3, can't wait for that.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #1182
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Final Verdict on Deus Ex. 8.5/10

As the game goes on it becomes easier if you choose the right augmentations. Sometimes even too easy. It's a huge PITA at the start but once you get a few levels in it's really fun.

Still to me some of the stuff doesn't work right. The game is kinda short too with too few side quests.

I think if they spent another 6 months to a year on it and made the game longer it could be 9/10 +

Worth a play through for sure.

It seems once you level up and are kicking ass the game is over, which is kind of a shame.

The ending should be interesting but MEH...
Old 09-14-2011, 03:35 AM   #1183
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Final Verdict on Deus Ex. 8.5/10

As the game goes on it becomes easier if you choose the right augmentations. Sometimes even too easy. It's a huge PITA at the start but once you get a few levels in it's really fun.

Still to me some of the stuff doesn't work right. The game is kinda short too with too few side quests.

I think if they spent another 6 months to a year on it and made the game longer it could be 9/10 +

Worth a play through for sure.

It seems once you level up and are kicking ass the game is over, which is kind of a shame.

The ending should be interesting but MEH...
Thanks for the review, I won't waste my time buying it, will just rent it from Gamefly.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #1184
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

just preordered BF3 from newegg 48 bucks..... ohes noes.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #1185
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Good price Joey
Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #1186
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Thanks for the review, I won't waste my time buying it, will just rent it from Gamefly.
It's a solid game in now a days times......

But that's about it, rent it you'll enjoy it but you will also be happy you didn't buy it.

Playing Dead Island now, what the hell is with opening doors......this is retarded.

It doesn't even explain the controls or how to do it.....

I get it now.....so stupid.

Hopefully the game is good though.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #1187
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
It's a solid game in now a days times......

But that's about it, rent it you'll enjoy it but you will also be happy you didn't buy it.

Playing Dead Island now, what the hell is with opening doors......this is retarded.

It doesn't even explain the controls or how to do it.....

I get it now.....so stupid.

Hopefully the game is good though.
The game is fine. I heard people describe it as Fallout-esque...I'd call it more of Borderlands. When people say "Fallout" I think of this deep, involved story-line. Not so much with Borderlands - It is more of a "Kill stuff and level up" kinda game.

I personally wasn't a huge fan of Borderlands. But aside from a few nit-picky things that drive me up the wall about Dead Island it is fine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #1188
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

I will def rent Dead Island as well, I still need to get through Fallout 3....such a long game.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #1189
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I will def rent Dead Island as well, I still need to get through Fallout 3....such a long game.
I'm on my 2nd play through of New Vegas right now. I played Fallout3 probably 4 times. I love everything about that game
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #1190
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
I'm on my 2nd play through of New Vegas right now. I played Fallout3 probably 4 times. I love everything about that game
Posted via Mobile Device
I just cant find the time, that's my problem.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #1191
jaxstraww

Bought Red Orchestra 2 the other day. Haven't gotten time to sit down with it just yet.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #1192
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

I played through Warhammer 40K Space Marine. Real fun game, definetly worth a look if your looking for some over the top action.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #1193
Guitarman-S.T-
"ESP+ENGL&amp ;qu ot;-Brutal

First Name: S.T
Trading: (11)
SCdlH
Guitarman-S.T- will become famous soon enough

...Gears of War!...
Gears of War!...
Old 09-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #1194
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

2 days to go. simma down there S.T.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #1195
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

First Name: Michael
madwilliamflint is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
I played through Warhammer 40K Space Marine. Real fun game, definetly worth a look if your looking for some over the top action.
I was excited for it but after 5 minutes in the demo it was just way too platformy for me.

Now that Minecraft 1.8 is out I'm sorta stuck in that.

Well... And all this talk of borderlands2 has got me doing a Mordecai playthrough.

Other than that I'm out of just about everything. Couple cute demos kicking around, waiting to see if I'm gonna get a SWTOR beta invite (preordered.) But all my other time is in the woodshop now.
madwilliamflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #1196
Bill86
Snob

Cohiba

Hmmm maybe I'll check out space marine, the rest of the warhammer games were never fun to me though.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #1197
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post
I was excited for it but after 5 minutes in the demo it was just way too platformy for me.

Well... And all this talk of borderlands2 has got me doing a Mordecai playthrough.

Other than that I'm out of just about everything. Couple cute demos kicking around, waiting to see if I'm gonna get a SWTOR beta invite (preordered.) But all my other time is in the woodshop now.
There's hardly any platforming aside from two jump pack sequences. Most of the game involves smashing and dramatic british voice acting.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #1198
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint View Post

Yeah, 1.8 really reignited my interest in Minecraft. It's always on the backburner as something to mess around with, but I've been really into some other games lately. The 1.8 update just brought back my interest to it.

Now Borderlands 2 gets me excited for sure. I need to go back and play the two expansions that I never finished. I finished the game (twice) and then played through Zombie Island and Underdome Riot, still need to get to General Knoxx and Robot Revolution.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #1199
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Yeah, 1.8 really reignited my interest in Minecraft. It's always on the backburner as something to mess around with, but I've been really into some other games lately. The 1.8 update just brought back my interest to it.

Now Borderlands 2 gets me excited for sure. I need to go back and play the two expansions that I never finished. I finished the game (twice) and then played through Zombie Island and Underdome Riot, still need to get to General Knoxx and Robot Revolution.
Knoxx is solid. The only thing I got out of Underdome was the bank. (I don't play with other people.) Robot Rev is good but I tend to forget the details. I think Ned wins on the DLCs.

Minecraft 1.8 is really impressing me. I'm torn as I have an existing world with LOTS of huge mostly-finished constructions. I have to venture pretty far in order to get the new terrain generators to kick in. But it sure is a whole different level of game.

It's funny. I've started teaching myself how to build furniture and it's suspiciously cubic looking.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #1200
madwilliamflint
Cigar n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
There's hardly any platforming aside from two jump pack sequences. Most of the game involves smashing and dramatic british voice acting.
No no, I mean "like a platform game" re: controls and such. Seems very much like a playstation rpg to me.