Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 11-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #41
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Our good CA friend Zulu was on Storage Wars tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Yeah, I knocked him out without laying a finger on him.
Just keep pouring the booze
Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 AM   #42
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

If funds were had, I would get several more.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #43
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Cool episode, glad to see one of our brethren getting air time, nice job Zulu!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #44
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0 View Post
Get a Tramp Stamp, maybe a Leprechaun
...or maybe a butterfly on his hip.

I saw Zulu on a tattoo show on the National Geographic Channel a while back, too. I've looked at his website, and his work is PHENOMENAL! My wife wants a coverup on one of hers, and I want to turn the ones on my right arm into a half sleeve. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather say "Just go for it" to, in regards to adding more ink. The philosophy that he espoused on the show I saw is very spiritual and I totally dig how he goes about it.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #45
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

I caught this episode by chance and thought the tribal box was really cool. Pete Johnson of Tatuaje Cigars, was in town last weekend and we were talking about the episode. He thought it was cool to see Zulu on the show and that they works down the road from each other.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #46
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

So...speaking of storage wars, did anybody catch last night's episode? Was it just me or was that an insane overestimate of what that desktop humidor was worth? It looked nice and all, but $1500?! Honestly it just looked like the cheap little $50-100 desktops that are sold wholesale on any cigar website.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #47
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
So...speaking of storage wars, did anybody catch last night's episode? Was it just me or was that an insane overestimate of what that desktop humidor was worth? It looked nice and all, but $1500?! Honestly it just looked like the cheap little $50-100 desktops that are sold wholesale on any cigar website.
I was thinking that as well, but then it turned out that it was made by Dupont, which puts out some very pricey stuff.
I also watched Storage Wars: Texas too. It was very mediocre.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #48
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

They said it was made by Dupont? I definitely didn't catch that at all.

I did not watch SW: Texas...mostly because it didn't record on the DVR. Good to hear it wasn't worth watching, haha
Old 12-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #49
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
They said it was made by Dupont? I definitely didn't catch that at all.
Yea, he showed the dupont manufacturer tag. I can't make out the finish or the lid color that well, but I think it was this model:

http://www.mikescigars.com/cigars/st...humidor-panter

The think looks like it only holds about 50 sticks--at $1500, that's a pretty pricey parking space!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #50
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

LGC

Yeah, I definitely wasn't paying attention that well. I did notice the St Dupont sign in the background, I just didn't catch that the humidor was a St Dupont.

And yes...$1500 for a little 50 count is pretty nuts! You're partway to an Aristocrat cabinet by then
Old 12-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #51
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

I caught the episode tonight!

It caught me off guard... I was like "Hey, that's Zulu!"

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:40 AM   #52
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Saw it last night! Great job Zulu!
I saw this post before but didn't know what episode it was, then when they found the tattoo kit I thought I wonder if this is it!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #53
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I thought the same thing when they were TALKING about how they had basically just robbed the
US mint and I am thinking "pfft, dude I can buy that at JR for 40 bucks." But when they got it to the
store and I saw the brand name, I knew they did indeed have a nice humidor there. That's a Pricey BOX.
If you are willing to pay asking price, anyway. I thought if this is Elie Bleu or some major name, then
MAYBE they have something....But in a STORAGE UNIT?? Sheesh, what a maroon to leave that LITTLE
a55 box in that kind of environment. MAKE SPACE in your home for it. I don't recall if it was Clim. Cont. or not.

As to Zulu, I almost did not get to see this, as the original poster got the episode name wrong (?),
and I spent weeks and weeks looking for it to no avail. However I was watching the epis I DID find,
since I do not have cable, it was all good to me, and lo and behold, up pops Zulu. I agree, he did
extremely well for himself on the show, he should be proud of how good he made that look.

Last edited by OLS; 02-15-2012 at 09:34 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote