Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
DTM
Get to the Chopper!

First Name: Derek
Trading: (0)
DTM is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dexter - Season 6

No one will outshine John Lithgow but this was a pretty good opener.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #22
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Wasn't bad. Don't think it will be on par with the first and fourth season, but it shows promise for this year.
I am really looking forward to seeing how the two new "bad guys" develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
I do agree with this, he does play one creepy killer.
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #23
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
I agree he did a fantastic job on the show.

Anyone catch the article on IMDB about possible 7-8 season trouble.....disgusts me. I don't want to get into a rant but both sides are so wrong. This is not a rant just me interpreting the problem.

MCH wants $24 million for 2 seasons (24 episodes) ....ONE MILLION an episode. Why anyone needs this kind of money I'll never know.

Showtime is putting their foot down at 20 million for 2 seasons....$830,000 an episode.

This is really a f*cking debate? They are haggling over 2 million dollars a year which neither one of them needs. $10 million dollars a year is PLENTY to retire after one year, let alone what he has already. On the flip side....Showtime is worth how much? It's their top show and they might stop 2 more seasons over a measly 2 million a year.

Greed is a stinky cologne. I have much less respect for both parties having heard this.

Back to the appreciation of one of the best shows on TV. Who can't wait till this Sunday? *Raises hand*
Old 10-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #24
Lonely Raven

I love Dexter. Great writing and intense!

My fiance won't watch it anymore, she says the show gives her anxiety enough that she has trouble sleeping at night. Like my watching Breaking Bad, it's that great writing that makes you feel for the main character.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #25
rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
I love Dexter. Great writing and intense!

My fiance won't watch it anymore, she says the show gives her anxiety enough that she has trouble sleeping at night. Like my watching Breaking Bad, it's that great writing that makes you feel for the main character.
I agree that the show is written really well but I have to say the books are written even better. After reading the first two I am completely hooked and need to get the others very soon. The two are similar but the tv show kind of went in a different direction after the first season which blows my mind because the books are so well written.
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:00 AM   #26
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelknight View Post
I agree that the show is written really well but I have to say the books are written even better. After reading the first two I am completely hooked and need to get the others very soon. The two are similar but the tv show kind of went in a different direction after the first season which blows my mind because the books are so well written.
As much as I hate reading books your post has me intrigued....I might hunt these down and read them.

I think the show is great though, tonights episode was so-so. Interesting but kinda "filler" IMHO. Who knows, by next week it might just be setting up something great and I might look like an asshat
Old 10-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #27
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I'm not feeling this season yet....I am intrigued about Olmos & Hanks though, I can't figure them out...I could care less about Deb & Quinn's bullcrap and the new girl is a hottie that I hope to see more of.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #28
ghostrider
Ridin the storm

First Name: Drew
Trading: (4)
Bolivar CoastGuard (Active)
ghostrider is on a distinguished road

I'm getting the feeling that Olmos isn't real, just a figment of the kids imagination, kinda like Dexter's dad is at this point. You never see him interact with anyone physically.
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #29
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I'm getting the feeling that Olmos isn't real, just a figment of the kids imagination, kinda like Dexter's dad is at this point. You never see him interact with anyone physically.

I never thought about that. You may be right.

This week's episode actually started to pick up a bit. I loved the ending.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #30
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelknight View Post
the books go down hill after the first 2 (IMO)
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #31
hscmit
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
and no one ever acknowladges his presence, waitress's etc. I was thinking he might be his dad as well
Old 10-25-2011, 01:24 PM   #32
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Interesting, never thought about that........I have liked the last 2 episodes so far.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #33
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscmit View Post
and no one ever acknowladges his presence, waitress's etc. I was thinking he might be his dad as well
Yep. I paid attention to this during this week's episode. When they were at the restaraunt, the waitress never acknowledged him, nor was there any drink or silverware on his side of the table. He touched the girl's head near the end of the episode, but Dexter's dad also touched Dexter's son's head in the hospital.

I say the professor is dead, or a second personality to our new serial killer.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #34
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I'm really starting to like this season.

Insert quote here.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #35
hscmit
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

me too
Old 11-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #36
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

No thoughts on this past week's episode and the return of...

spoiler alert

The Ice Truck Killer?

Insert quote here.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #37
kickerb

yeah, but as his bad conscience. his brother is indeed dead. but i should create a new dark dynamic.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #38
hscmit
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

a new voice for the dark passenger

I like it
Old 11-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #39
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerb View Post
yeah, but as his bad conscience. his brother is indeed dead. but i should create a new dark dynamic.
Brother Sam was the good conscience during the first half of the season, now the ghost of the brother is going to play the bad conscience for the second half. Can't wait for the second half.

Insert quote here.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #40
kickerb

i wonder if we will have his father and bother giving him advice in the same scenes, that would be interesting.