Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 09-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #41
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

great show.

i watched these on DVD when i was in Bangladesh 6 months ago.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #42
Lonely Raven

I'm saddened to hear we lost Andy Whitfield. He really brought this show to life.

I hope the new actor can come close. It's also nice that Andy gave the show, and the new actor his blessing to continue (not that they needed it) before he passed. I think the people working on this will continue making a great show.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #43
w squared

I've seen "Season 1" and a couple episodes of "Season 0.5". Unfortunately, Netflix seems to have forgotten that these exits...and I'm thinking that I may have to forget that Netflix exists.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #44
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Only viewed the first episode of the first season, but man was I disappointed. I have been watching Game of
Thrones, so I was used to a certain level of acting and set pieces, and man once I saw that "300" style greenscreen
digital sets and this crazy flying blood and blood used as transition, man, was I upset. I had read nary a bad comment
on the show in this thread, so I was expecting something similar to GoT, and like I said, what a disappointment.
I have all of the first season ready to watch, so I am going to watch them all regardless, and I am sure that
it will seem less "wrong" to me as I go forward, but I guess there is something to be said for never having watched 300
to begin with. Makes Game of Thrones all that much more impressive. And then all at once it hit me...this is from STARZ.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #45
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Only viewed the first episode of the first season, but man was I disappointed. I have been watching Game of
Thrones, so I was used to a certain level of acting and set pieces, and man once I saw that "300" style greenscreen
digital sets and this crazy flying blood and blood used as transition, man, was I upset. I had read nary a bad comment
on the show in this thread, so I was expecting something similar to GoT, and like I said, what a disappointment.
I have all of the first season ready to watch, so I am going to watch them all regardless, and I am sure that
it will seem less "wrong" to me as I go forward, but I guess there is something to be said for never having watched 300
to begin with. Makes Game of Thrones all that much more impressive. And then all at once it hit me...this is from STARZ.
Sorry it didn't impress you the first time off. If you stick with it, I think you may find it is worthy of its own merits.

Comparing it to Game of Thrones is like comparing apples and oranges. (Or apples to any object) The only similarity is that both shows have characters using swords.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #46
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Comparing it to Game of Thrones is like comparing apples and oranges. (Or apples to any object) The only similarity is that both shows have characters using swords.
Not really comparing it to GoT, I am more saying that's what I expected when I popped it in.
I mean, after reading this thread, anyway. I thought that at the level I now see that this show is at,
you'd have seen a few complaints in this thread, but it is all positive. That just goes to show you that
men will watch anything without much complaint, provided there is has full frontal nudity, haha.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #47
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Not really comparing it to GoT, I am more saying that's what I expected when I popped it in.
I mean, after reading this thread, anyway. I thought that at the level I now see that this show is at,
you'd have seen a few complaints in this thread, but it is all positive. That just goes to show you that
men will watch anything without much complaint, provided there is has full frontal nudity, haha.
Haha, this is true. What is there to complain about? There's violence and nudity!
(and a bit of plot as well). Where GoT arouses the more intellectual and cerebral part of man, Spartacus (IMHO) appeals to a more primitive desire in men. (Not to say it isn't intellectual, it just leaves less to the imagination).
Old 02-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #48
OLS
Suck It

Watched through to number 5 last night, better, but still a "family dollar" level of acting and production.
I hate to say it but that Zena Warrior Princess is perfectly cast. And that Batiatus has a BIG FAT MOUTH.

SPOILER ALERT----

I mean he successfully takes his vengeance, but he just HAS to reveal to his enemy that not only does he
KNOW what he did, but he has already struck back. But I guess we are all like that.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #49
OLS
Suck It

Watched 6 last night....That Batiatus really has good lines written for him and delivers them well, too.
But man, that snake has a black heart.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #50
OLS
Suck It

OK, I finally did finish the series. OLE'. I criticized it early on, and it IS a little weak through three.
But as it started rolling downhill towards it's finale, it really picked up speed and intrigue and the acting
ramped up. All except Crixsus. He got weaker as he went along. But of course, he was kind of like a Sampson
in that once he revealed his love, he lost some of his swagger and power. I saw a few of the new ones and think
I will just try and keep the memory of the original alive, show and actor, and skip the Vengeance series.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #51
LigaPrivadaT84

Watching Episode 11.