Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #841
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso is kickin' in. Got some needed yard work done yesterday (planted bushes, removed some old fencing and such) and then enjoyed watching the NASCAR Nationwide Series race over at my brother-in-laws place. Congrats to Kyle Busch and the entire Z-Line Designs racing team, they are definitely on a roll. Today we have the NASCAR Sprint Cup series race on at 1500 (3pm) with Juan Pablo Montoya at the starting position. I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys it as well..........
Old 03-28-2011, 04:04 AM   #842
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430 as usual. Well, yesterday was another good day to be out in the yard to get some work done. I removed the 4" x 4" fence posts from Saturday's project which was no easy task. Afterwards, we sat back and watched the NASCAR Sprint Cup race which had a great finish. Congrats to Kevin Harvick and the entire Budweiser team for winning the race in fashion: http://www.nascar.com/

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week, it's the start of the regular MLB season so enjoy........
Old 03-29-2011, 03:25 AM   #843
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0400 as I couldn't sleep any long. Well, I just checked out NOAA for Thursday to see what kind of weather they are predicting for the Yankees season opener and it doesn't look bad. Right now they are predicting 20% chance of rain in the day and temps hitting the low 50s:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-73.8762&e=1

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day today and enjoys.......
Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 AM   #844
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430 as usual. There's not much going on today except for the normal day to day operations here at West Point. I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys. GO YANKEES..........
Old 03-31-2011, 04:06 AM   #845
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while again. Well, today is the Yankees season home opener against the Tigers here in the Bronx. Game starts at 1305 (1:05pm) and the weather guessers at NOAA are predicting anywhere from 4 to 10 inches of snow startin' this evening:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I'm sure that they'll get today's game in but I have a feeling that tomorrow's may get postponed if the storm hits us full force. Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars enjoying primo stogies and hangin' out with the local S/BOTL. I hope everyone has a great day as well and enjoys a favorite or two or.........
Old 04-01-2011, 03:50 AM   #846
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0340 (that's right, 3:40 am). We conducted an "Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call" this morning with the predicted weather and all. Well, the weather guessers were wrong (thank god) and it's barely doing anything out there. Anyway, the Yankees won their season opener yesterday over the Tigers 6 to 3 and they looked really good. They're off today and will be back at it tomorrow at 1600 (4pm) on the FOX game of the week against the Tigers again. Had a good time last night at Schlesinger's talkin' big stuff about the Bombers and smokin' the first of many celebratory stogies of the year. I hope everyone has a enjoyable weekend as well and gets to smoke a couple of your favorites through out it........
Old 04-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #847
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Saturday morning special blend coffee is brewed and hittin' the spot. Today is definitely filled with all sorts of sports ranging from the college basketball semifinals to MLB, NHL, NBA, PGA and of course NASCAR. The Yankees have A.J. Burnett throwing the first pitch at 1610 (4:10pm) and hopefully they have another good game against the Tigers. I hope everyone has a good one and enjoys......
Old 04-03-2011, 05:33 AM   #848
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Happy Sunday morning all, the coffee is on and the weather looks to be a nice one today. Well, the Yankees beat the Tigers again yesterday with a final score of 10 to 6 and hopefully they can sweep them out of town with Phil Hughes throwing the 1st pitch for the Bombers. Also, a big congrats to Butler and UConn for making it into the final dance Monday night. Today, the NASCAR racers will be in Martinsville, VA racing on the shortest track of the season which will begin at 1300 (1pm) on FOX. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys a favorite or two as well........
Old 04-04-2011, 04:09 AM   #849
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430 as always. Well, the Yankees lost to the Tigers 10 - 7 and couldn't pull off the sweep even after a few homers leavin' the park. Congrats to Kevin Harvick for winning yesterday's NASCAR race and it's his first back to back win since 2006. The weather was nice yesterday so we sat outside, I smoked a very tasty stogie and BBQ'd a beer can chicken on the grill for a good 2 hours which came out great. I hope everyone has a good week and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it.......
Old 04-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #850
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a while now. I want to send out a big congrats to UConn for winning last night's National Championship game. Also, congrats to the Yankees for winning 4 - 3 over the Twins, it's been home run city for the past few games at Yankee Stadium. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys......
Old 04-06-2011, 03:58 AM   #851
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on for a good hour now. Well, the Yankees blew a 4 run lead and lost to the Twins last night 5 - 4. A big congrats goes out the the Lady Aggies as Texas A&M beat ND last night 76 - 70 for the Women's National Championship. Anyway, I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys a favorite or two or........
Old 04-07-2011, 03:57 AM   #852
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on now for a good hour. Well, the Yankees game got rained out last night. Hopefully the weather is better today, who knows though as it is the rainy season and all. Well, today being Thursday and all, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo stogies and seeing what's new with everyone. I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy it as well.......
Old 04-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #853
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since o430 as usual. Well, the Yankees won yesterday 4 - 3 and will be in Boston this weekend taking on the Red Sox. The NASCAR racers will be in Texas starting tonight and tomorrow both with night racing which is some of my favorite. I hope everyone has a great weekend and get to enjoy a couple of your favorites throughout it........
Old 04-09-2011, 05:37 AM   #854
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the Saturday morning special coffee is on. The Yankees lost to the Red Sox yesterday afternoon 9 to 6 as the pitching just wasn't there for Hughes. The two teams will be back at it at 1310 (1:10 pm) and hopefully we tie up the series with a win. I didn't get to see the end of last night's NASCAR Nationwide Series race but I'll watch it this morning thanks to the DVR. Tonight the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will be racing also from Fort Worth, TX and this time I'll be watching it live. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.........
Old 04-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #855
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair™ Espresso coffee is workin'. Well, it was good to see the Yankees bounce back yesterday as they beat the Red Sox 9 - 4. The 2 teams will play again this evening at 2005 (8:05pm) and will be the ESPN Sunday night game of the week. A big congrats goes out to Matt Kenseth and the entire Roush Fenway Racing team for winning last night's NASCAR race. Also, another big congrats goes out to the New York Rangers for making the playoffs after beating the New Jersey Devils 5 - 2 and acquiring the final playoff position. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Sunday and enjoys a favorite or two or.......
Old 04-11-2011, 04:00 AM   #856
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on now for a good hour. Well, the Yankees look like crap as they got skunked by the Red Sox 4 - 0. I know that that it's still early in the season but these games are just as important as the ones at the end of the season. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your best throughout it.......
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 AM   #857
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe has been on now for a good hour or so. Yesterday was actually the first day of the year to hit the 80s and I can hardly wait till it remains that way for a while. You can tell we are definitely in the Spring season as NOAA shows a lot of rain in the forecast and temps ranging from the 60s to the 40s:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good day and hopefully the Yankees can get their game in this evening against the Orioles that will be in town for the next 3 days.........
Old 04-12-2011, 04:58 AM   #858
BnBTobacco

Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Hey, hope everyone's having a great day..Thanks for these updates.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #859
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Cool Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0430 as usual. Well the Yankees beat the Orioles 7 to 4 with help from the bats and pitching from A.J. Burnett. These two teams will be back at it this evening at 1905 (7:05pm) and I hope the Bombers will take another one. Today being Thursday, we'll be heading over to Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening and I'm sure there will be a number of S/BOTL smoking some of LouieD's favorites and remembering our dear friend. Enjoy all and Rest in Peace Louie.......
Old 04-15-2011, 04:03 AM   #860
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, last night at Schlesinger's was one of everyone talking about our dear friend Louie and how he touched us all. We smoked Anejo, Opus X and a few other favorites that our brother loved to enjoy. I'll be speaking at the Memorial Service this Saturday and I'll let everyone know that the S/BOTL here send their condolences and prayers to the family. I hope everyone has a good weekend and enjoys.......