Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default A tale of a 3 person Herf

So, Sat Tbone, Mac and I head over to Bailey's. Too start, Bailey's has never been know for it's service. The food is decent, cigar friendly and easy to get to, but service sux. Sat was no exception, in fact they set a new low and a high.

I arrived earlier than the other two at 1235, by 1300 no sign of a waiter so I fetched Mac and I menus and went to see if a manager might be available. I was told the manager (the general manager) was doing an interview and would be over shortly. At this time I asked/coerced Mac and Tbone into waiting with me to see just how bad they could get.

After another 35 min go by, I see the manager bringing food out of the kitchen to people at the bar, so I go find the waiter and ask if the interview is over. He toddles off in search of the boss. Boss comes over and apologizes saying that he forgot us. I told him I had not been impressed with their service in the past and that today I had been sitting there by now an hour with no attention. I stated that I didn't feel that I should have to hunt down the wait staff for service, he agreed. So apologizing, he sent over the dim wit who had been watching us for an hour to take our orders.

So, 15 - 20 min later, the manager comes over apologizing again and says that he has compted the meals, gives each of us a $20 gift card and then gives me a $60 "party" gift card for the next time we come as a group.

This was about the only way he could have fixed the issue and he went the extra distance. Had it been a shift manager, I doubt the comps would have been what they were. I can now see how the staff is so poor with the example he seems to lead by, not good for them. I am intrested to see what the service is like the next time we go in. Hopefully, we will be waited on a bit faster and with a smile. I do miss my waitresses at Hooters, they know how to get it done
Old 02-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #2
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation
Default Re: A tale of a 3 person Herf

If they can't hire people willing to do a good job and policing that job,they shouldn't be in business.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

How about the most important thing, the cigars? How did they smoke after the crappy service?

Chris.....
Old 02-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

ERdM Navy (Retired)

Actually it was a bad day for the sticks as well. I smoked 2 "always" good sticks for me. One was plugged (an NC???????? ) and the other was an NC as well. Both went very bitter and way to harsh to smoke with a 1/3 left to burn so I dumped both with the remaining 1/3rds. Only good part about the day was the company. Had better herfs but hanging with the BOTLs was good enough. We got to watch some Army ranger tear up a hunting video game. Glad to see the hundreds of thousands of $$$ spent on him to make him a deadly weapon seem to have taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by marge796 View Post
How about the most important thing, the cigars? How did they smoke after the crappy service?

Chris.....
Old 02-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
Hot Stuff x
FNG

First Name: Les
Trading: (4)
Cohiba Army (Retired)
Hot Stuff x is on a distinguished road

You'd think they'd want to sell you something. F'in retards.
Hot Stuff x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough

Having been there in the service industry before, lemme tell you that privately owned places are absolutely the best and the worst of everything.

At a corporate place, such as a Brinker restaurant, there are absolute standards on greeting the guest, being to your assigned table within a certain period of time, ticket times, and everything else you could possibly imagine. You literally need a manager card to wipe your arse it's so.....bureaucratic. Very few corporate businesses will permit that kind of service, simply because the idea is that you get identical service at any of their restaurants anywhere in the world. Having one screw up is not a good thing.

Privately owned businesses fall into two categories: those who strive and are even more anal and picky than the corporate ones, and those who simply DGAF (Don't Give A...). There are very few of the latter, simply because they are the stepping stone most people use in the managerial world to move up. Come in, fix things up, move on.

Anyway, my c since it's early and I'm babbling.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

After the GM comped the meals and provided the gift cards...in actuality, they paid us in excess of $ 150 to eat their food, drinks their drinks, and smoke cigars. Plus I got to enjoy some time with two fellow BOTLs. I left Baileys Saturday a happy camper.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
tobii3

Quote:
So, Sat Tbone, Mac and I head over to Bailey's
Wouldn't we call this an AARP Herf???

Old 02-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
Wouldn't we call this an AARP Herf???

Only if you were attendance Tobii!!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #10
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

ERdM Navy (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Only if you were attendance Tobii!!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Gettin paid to eat
G G is offline   Reply With Quote