Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Marca Fina Panama robusto

These Marca Fina cigars are budget bundles, here in The Netherlands a bundle of 16 4½x50 robustos has a price tag of €40 which makes it one of the cheapest longfillers on the market. The Marca Fina concept is very interesting with puros from Panama, the Dominican Republic and Honduras so you can compare the different countries with cigars of equal quality.

The nice dark and oily wrapper has some veins but no cigar band. The construction feels good. I hardly smell anything when I sniff the cigar, just a little bit of wood. The draw is a bit hard and I taste spicy tobacco.

I taste a spicy and peppery earth flavor with some coffee. I taste a lot more pepper than I expected from a Panamese cigar. After half an inch I taste some smoky earth with herbs and a peppery aftertaste. After an inch I taste wood instead of earth with some herbs, all nice and spicy. The pepper loses some strength but doesn't disappear completely.

After two thirds I mainly taste wood with some herbs and a little bit of dirt. The flavors are a bit less nice than the previous third, but still nice. There is a herbal spiciness that surrounds the flavors. Near the end the pepper comes back and gets quite strong.

The smoke time of this short robusto is an hour and ten minutes. The draw is good and the burn is straight as an arrow. The ash is silver gray and firm. I got a decent smoke volume, but unfortunately the smoke is a bit too thin for my liking. This cigar is medium to full flavored and medium to full bodied, stronger than I expected from tobacco from Panama.

Would I buy this cigar again? For the price, this is an awesome cigar

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
Eggopp
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Steve
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Eggopp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Marca Fina Panama robusto

Just got round to this review, excellent, i think this is going on my list of must haves next time im travelling through Holland
Eggopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

Nice Review!!
Old 11-28-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

now on my to try list