Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Lil Monster reviews

Bought a 5'er of the Lil Monsters by Tatuaje, figured to earnestly join the conversation I better smoke them.

Tonight was the first, the Lil Frank.

Started off with a pepper blast. Might have been in my wheelhouse 8-9 years ago, but not a flavor I enjoy much anymore.

A little less than 1/3 of the way through, the profile changed, but unfortunately not for the better. The cigar took on a very sour profile for several draws, almost citrus-like but without any sweetness. It was not a flavor I enjoyed, and I thought about putting the cigar down.

1/2 way through, it changed to the flavor that it would retain the rest of the way through...sort of a smooth, leathery profile. Much more pleasant that the sour taste, but nothing groundbreaking nor earthmoving here.

Smoked it to the nub, needed a few touchups for uneven burn but the draw was good and the smoke was plentiful.

Would I seek out another Lil Frank? No.

Only full sized "Monster" cigar I ever smoked was The Face, so I have no way to compare this cigar to the full-size Frank.

I am sure there will be some feedback, and that is fine, but I will use this thread to review the other 4 Lil Monsters as I get to them.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote