Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #21
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: Junk customer service at cheap humidors

I have never had any problems with this vendor.
I think I have purchased two or three in the past.
Seems to me the vendor handled this professionally.
He didn't lie about what it was (gift) to avoid taxes.
He offered to refund.
He offered a discount on the damaged one.
Only thing that seems to be missing is an offer for a hooker to enjoy the smokes with but don't recall cheap humidors selling them.
Kind of weird one post, first post, to trash a vendor that seems to have acted as expected.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #22
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

A first post is NEVER the place to air problems dealing with a vendor....not exactly sure what the problem was???But as Peter said It spoke volumes:
1. Only post one time to trash a vendor.
2. Didn't stick around and post and intro.

Nice meeting you Cory!

Old 12-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #23
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Only thing that seems to be missing is an offer for a hooker to enjoy the smokes with but don't recall cheap humidors selling them.
You have to go to their sister site: cheapwhores.com
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #24
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydsid View Post
You have to go to their sister site: cheapwhores.com
Redirects to puff.com...
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #25
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #26
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreth View Post
Redirects to puff.com...
Posted via Mobile Device
ofl:
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #27
cory

"Didnt stick around" for a response?Cmon now,people have things to do.Look fellas,im not here to **** on any site,i never said to not deal with them,all i said was that i felt i got bad service and heres why.

Bobarian

So are you mad that a vendor did not falsify importation documents so you could avoid Canadian Taxes?
Or are you mad because they offered to pick up the humidor and refund your money?
Or are you mad because they only offered you a 15% refund if you chose to keep the humidor[quote]

Honestly Bobarian ,yes i am,they admited to doing it for everyone else,why not me?Pick up the humidor and refund?I need a humi posta haste,thats not going to help me out.I put forward the suggestion of sending me another while i waited for mine to get picked up,no dice.15% refund for a product will still perform its intended purpose but is now considerably less aesthetically pleasing?Honestly ,no ,thats not enough.I simply cant afford to have it returned then have another with yet another charge come along,i budgeted for a certain amount spent on a humidor and thats all i have.

Next...

"captain53

What is unacceptable about a full refund and buying another humidor somewhere else of your choice?"

I have time constraints Cap,im leaving to go to Cuba sunday and will rtn the following sunday with some cigars i had planned to store in my new humi.Waiting for another humi isnt an option i would like to exercise.Given im not as experienced as some of you and didnt know i could store them in ziplock bags for very long.

"Bobarian

Doesnt look like Cory stuck around to introduce himself or wait for a response. Dave seems like a good guy and has made the offer to pick up and issue a credit. A new humidor could be ordered and delivered by the time Cory returns from his trip. If not the boxes could be temporarily stored in zip lock bags or a cooler. Damaged feet could have happened when shipped and the tops falling off the humidification devices is pretty common."

Jesus,are you this guys butt buddies or what?Anymore brown nosing and youll be livin in his pooper,jk.But really,i appreciate this offer that was never actually made...to me anyways...but i would like a humi now(have at er with the impatience jokes),i paid to have it this week and thats the point of this post,bad service,having one waiting for me when i return isnt good service.

And the last one...

"Resipsa

Sounds to me they made an effort to make good. Sound customer services practices.
Out of curiousity, why did you try to haggle (your words) since you don't want a refund (your words).
Out of further curiousity, you want a humidor that isn't damaged (your words) and you need it now (your words).
What would you have her do? Drive to your house and repair the humdior herself"

I "haggled" because i thought 15%was not fair,not terribly confusing is it?15%refund for something that disapoints me everytime i look at it?In my eyes thats not acceptable.What would i have her do?Easy,send me another one while im waiting,charge me for a second then refund me the humi that gets brought back,confused?Probly right?

Again guys,maybe this wasnt the best idea for a first post and maybe im being a big **itch but i feel kinda screwed.I didnt mean to sully Cheaphumidors.com,i shopped there precisely because of this site and its very good reviews of cheaphumidors.com.If my case is an exception then let this Dave person come forward,contact me and we can sort this out.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:10 PM   #28
tobii3

I sense a disturbance in the force......what is the sound of one thread closing??
Old 12-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #29
cory

Theres no need to close this,in not an argument,its a discussion
Old 12-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #30
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
I sense a disturbance in the force......what is the sound of one thread closing??
Does this look like pvff.com to you?
Old 12-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #31
papajohn67
Reprobate From The 101st

Trading: (62)
papajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nicepapajohn67 is just really nice

Tough crowd tonight.
papajohn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #32
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear about your troubles. No matter how objective you try to be, it is always frustrating (to say the least!) to receive damaged goods.

But ... you knew this was coming ...

The main thing that you seem to be upset about is that the vendor's offer to pick up the damaged piece and ship you a replacement is inconvenient for you. It looks like you ordered in time for the piece to arrive before your trip, just as you planned, so no issue there. But mistakes sometimes happen and the vendor is not responsible to get you a replacement before your trip or otherwise account for issues out of their reasonable control. It it were me, I'd arrange to have the item picked up and a replacement shipped. You can use a borrowed cooler with a good seal for the time it takes to get a replacement. Coolers rock and I use one 100-qt cooler in addition to 3 vinotemps.

I feel for you bro 'cuz I've been there.

Alternately, you can send them pictures and suggest an amount that will make you happy to keep it. But as you said, you don't want to look at the damage, so I'm guessing that a replacement is the only way to make you whole.

Best of luck with this.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #33
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory View Post
...refund for something that disapoints me everytime i look at it? In my eyes thats not acceptable.What would i have her do?Easy,send me another one
Ya know, I know a LOT of married guys that would like that sort of customer service.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #34
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

^^^

Quote:
I have time constraints Cap,im leaving to go to Cuba sunday and will rtn the following sunday with some cigars i had planned to store in my new humi.
Even if the humi arrived on time, you would still have to season and calibrate it, which takes some time. You can't just put cigars in it right away. The cooler advice is your best bet at this point until you get your humi replaced, set up, and ready.

Insert quote here.

Last edited by Starscream; 12-21-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #35
St. Lou Stu
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tim
Trading: (21)
HdM
St. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the roughSt. Lou Stu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
Ya know, I know a LOT of married guys that would like that sort of customer service.

I like Tobii.

Pretending to play golf since 1989
St. Lou Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #36
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:

Again guys,maybe this wasnt the best idea for a first post and maybe im being a big **itch but i feel kinda screwed.I didnt mean to sully Cheaphumidors.com,i shopped there precisely because of this site and its very good reviews of cheaphumidors.com.If my case is an exception then let this Dave person come forward,contact me and we can sort this out.
Sit back and let's start over.

Understand what we saw.
A first and only post to complain and trash a vendor that most of us have had good experiences with.

Things happen. Unfortunately, you did not have a good experience.
Unfortunately, you needed it right away and the damaged one had to do.

There were other ways around this. You could have used a cooler. You could have used zip lock bags. On and on. By doing that, you could have gotten a refund or a new one sent to you. Instead, your frustration does not allow you to see the vendor acted fairly and did all he could do. A good reputation is hard to come by. A trashed one is even harder to overcome.

Hope that helps to clarify.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #37
cory

Your right Blueface,first post and i *****ed up a storm,apparently thats not on,but whats done is done and all i wanted was fair treatment.Like i said earlieri shopped at cheaphumidors precisely because of the rave reviews the site gets here,im sure its done well by many,just not this cat.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #38
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Your right Blueface,first post and i *****ed up a storm,apparently thats not on,but whats done is done and all i wanted was fair treatment.Like i said earlieri shopped at cheaphumidors precisely because of the rave reviews the site gets here,im sure its done well by many,just not this cat.
We have all done it.
Introduce yourself in the new member thread and welcome to CA.
It can only get better.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #39
G G
BR549

Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
We have all done it.
Introduce yourself in the new member thread and welcome to CA.
It can only get better.
Sage advice.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:29 PM   #40
longknocker
Postwhore

Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenor CS View Post
Was this a regular or "imperfect" model? There are lots of guys on here who have had very positive experiences with them, me included.
Never Had A Problem, Myself, Either.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote