Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
ZachF88
Feeling at Home

First Name: Zach
Trading: (32)
ZachF88 is on a distinguished road
Default Jaime Garcia TAA

Just got back from the cigar store where they had a box of Jaime Garcia TAA. They are similar to the Tatuaje TAA (in name and meaning). Owner of shop said there were only 300 boxes of 16. Never heard a press release or anything. I bought the last one they had. Anyone know anything about this?
ZachF88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
levrac68
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Todd
Trading: (0)
levrac68 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jaime Garcia TAA

I got this from Traveling Stogie

"Jaime Garcia first released the Reserva Especial line back in 2010 which received nice accolades through out the cigar community. The TAA version (Tobacconist’s Association of America) is essentially a Reserva Especial with slightly modified blend in a limited edition size which was made for various retailers in the United State. There were a few cigars released for TAA in 2011 including an Ashton VSG Robusto Especial, Padron 1964 Toro, and a Tatuaje TAA 2011 that I reviewed earlier. The Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial TAA Edition looks to be the same size as the My Father Le Bijou 1922 Box Pressed release which is one of my favorite sizes for the My Father line. Approximately 650 boxes have made for this one time release."

I'm a big fan of JGs so any more info on this would serve me well also.

Enjoy
TF
levrac68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: Jaime Garcia TAA

There's a bunch of sticks that are created/released to be sold for the TAA. Some of the brands that have a TAA version out are Tatuaje, Jaime Garcia, Fonseca, Padron, Romeo, Ashton etc. These are sticks that are made to be sold exclusively to shops that are part of the TAA (Tobacconists' Association of America, Ltd) Whether or not the TAA get a portion of the sales I'm not sure.