Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-29-2010, 04:09 AM   #201
bigliver
Cigarmurai

First Name: Jason
Trading: (9)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
bigliver will become famous soon enough
Default Re: No Mention of the Tat Exclusive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigliver View Post
Haven't got to burn one yet. Maybe I'll save them till next herf.
Edit: Just lit one. I got to thinking about them and decided I could wait no longer.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #202
klipsch

Has anybody not liked these?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #203
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
Not That I Know Of; I Liked It So Much, I Had To Post A Review!
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35749
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #204
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post

I have not. tried to smoke 5-8 of them and each one had burn problems, harsh, tight roll. There is nothing worse than having to work to draw on a cigar. Center of the cherry got rock hard and then started tunneling. Had to cut above the ash and relight.....

Granted the burn issue could have been my fault but the tight roll, not so much.

I finally did get one yesterday that burned and drew perfect and it was enjoyable. the only reason I stuck with these and did not sell my other bundles is because everyone liked them so much...I did end up selling most of the 1st bundle though

Time will tell.
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #205
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz26 View Post
I have not. tried to smoke 5-8 of them and each one had burn problems, harsh, tight roll. There is nothing worse than having to work to draw on a cigar. Center of the cherry got rock hard and then started tunneling. Had to cut above the ash and relight.....

Granted the burn issue could have been my fault but the tight roll, not so much.

I finally did get one yesterday that burned and drew perfect and it was enjoyable. the only reason I stuck with these and did not sell my other bundles is because everyone liked them so much...I did end up selling most of the 1st bundle though

Time will tell.
Let me know if your looking to unload any more of them.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #206
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:

Time will tell.
Out of curiousity, what RH is your humidor at? Many times burn and draw issues can be related to high humidity. I am not saying that this is the case with your humidor, but it would be worth checking.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #207
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
Out of curiousity, what RH is your humidor at? Many times burn and draw issues can be related to high humidity. I am not saying that this is the case with your humidor, but it would be worth checking.

65% in the aristocrat, 65% in the coolerdor using beads. I think they arrived wet.....

I also think I have been toasting the foot for too long lately so I think it is a combo. Cigar burns, then if you feel the cigar below the burn line the tobacco under the wrapper it is rock hard behind the burn line. When I cut the cherry off the center of the cherry is rock hard like it turned into charcoal.....
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #208
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
65% in the aristocrat, 65% in the coolerdor using beads. I think they arrived wet.....

I also think I have been toasting the foot for too long lately so I think it is a combo. Cigar burns, then if you feel the cigar below the burn line the tobacco under the wrapper it is rock hard behind the burn line. When I cut the cherry off the center of the cherry is rock hard like it turned into charcoal.....
Interesting, Eric. The Draw On My Stick Was Very Easy And I Only Rested It A Week In My Humi @ 65RH. Burn Was Razor Sharp & Never Went Out Even After Several Minutes Of Rest. Wonder If You Just Got A Bad "Bunch"?
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:35 AM   #209
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Interesting, Eric. The Draw On My Stick Was Very Easy And I Only Rested It A Week In My Humi @ 65RH. Burn Was Razor Sharp & Never Went Out Even After Several Minutes Of Rest. Wonder If You Just Got A Bad "Bunch"?
Ditto!

I rested mine for about a week as well -- my humi is at a solid 65%. Had no problems, in fact just like Greg I had the opposite -- perfect burn and a good draw.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #210
klipsch

I think I've smoked 9-10 of these so far and until last Saturday I had no draw issues at all. It's funny...I sat out on my front steps watching the crowd across the street come and go down to the river for the Dragon Boat races and Chinese Cultural Festival. The one time I have a draw issue...and then the wrapper stated unraveling because I cut the cap too far down trying to fix the draw. Working my ass off trying to get the stick to smoke right...I imagined some Macanudo smoking old man watching me from across the street, thinking "that guy over there doesn't have a clue about how to smoke a cigar"