Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #1061
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Red's Fans Check in

Reds win! Reds win!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #1062
smitdavi
Ambassador of Quan

First Name: David
Trading: (9)
RA
smitdavi has disabled reputation

Looks like Posednek is going to the Dodgers
smitdavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #1063
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitdavi View Post
Looks like Posednek is going to the Dodgers
I was just about to post the same thing, David.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #1064
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone else suprised that the Reds haven't made a move at the deadline? We are in the market for an outfielder who can hit and some starting pitching but while the teams around the league get stronger, we sit and watch.

And why does Drew Stubbs suck so bad?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:31 AM   #1065
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Man, Stubbs sucked big time last night.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #1066
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Man, Stubbs sucked big time last night.
He sucks big time all the time. He is batting .059 in his last 10 and 15 K's.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:57 PM   #1067
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

This just in: Drew Stubbs is absolutely terrible.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #1068
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Reds win! Reds win!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #1069
waffle
Who doesn't love Waffles?

First Name: Steve (Stephen)
Trading: (38)
waffle has a spectacular aura aboutwaffle has a spectacular aura about

I honestly can't believe they didn't make a single move... what did we have nothing to trade? Uggh!
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #1070
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Stubbs is out of the lineup today. Heisey starts
Old 08-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #1071
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffle View Post
I honestly can't believe they didn't make a single move... what did we have nothing to trade? Uggh!
Were we not in the market for a CF or a SP or someone to bolster the bullpen? Down the stretch I feel we are going to fall apart. If someone goes on the DL we could be in a world of hurt, unless ofcourse its Stubbs.

Jockety says they are happy with where we are at and that we have a good core of young players behind them. So why aren't we trying to find some players from Louisville to fill the spots of our crappy players?
Old 08-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #1072
waffle
Who doesn't love Waffles?

First Name: Steve (Stephen)
Trading: (38)
waffle has a spectacular aura aboutwaffle has a spectacular aura about

And why sign Isringhausen to leave in the minors???
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #1073
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Anyone else suprised that the Reds haven't made a move at the deadline? We are in the market for an outfielder who can hit and some starting pitching but while the teams around the league get stronger, we sit and watch.

And why does Drew Stubbs suck so bad?
I was a bit upset that we didn't get Werth. A lot of people are saying that the Front Office has given up on this season b/c we didn't make any trades, but I'm not so sure. Castellini may not be a pot of gold, but Jocketty is competitive. I think this is W. Jocketty's plan to stick with what we have. He is secretive and makes some strange decisions from time to time but if you look at his track record you almost have to trust his instincts.

Insert quote here.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:13 PM   #1074
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I was a bit upset that we didn't get Werth. A lot of people are saying that the Front Office has given up on this season b/c we didn't make any trades, but I'm not so sure. Castellini may not be a pot of gold, but Jocketty is competitive. I think this is W. Jocketty's plan to stick with what we have. He is secretive and makes some strange decisions from time to time but if you look at his track record you almost have to trust his instincts.
I am still not sold on the lineup they put on the field everyday. They have a severe need for a true leadoff hitter, better outfielders (particularly in center), some help in the bullpen and a starting pitcher. Down the stretch if they lose Rolen or Votto, they are in trouble and if they lose both, they might as well call it a day. Everyone else in the NL who is a threat got better except us. Luckily we play in the cupcake division and play all losing teams down the stretch so there is still hope. If they make it to the playoffs, I suspect a quick exit.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #1075
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

I don't have a problem with them not making a trade. We are in 1st place after all. St. Louis did us a favor by trading away Ludwig for a 4th started. They have not been good at scoring runs.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #1076
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
I am still not sold on the lineup they put on the field everyday. They have a severe need for a true leadoff hitter, better outfielders (particularly in center), some help in the bullpen and a starting pitcher. Down the stretch if they lose Rolen or Votto, they are in trouble and if they lose both, they might as well call it a day. Everyone else in the NL who is a threat got better except us. Luckily we play in the cupcake division and play all losing teams down the stretch so there is still hope. If they make it to the playoffs, I suspect a quick exit.
Playoffs? Playoffs? Any Reds team that makes the playoffs at this point is a major upgrade from teams past in recent history. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm happy with a winning record this year. I think we will be better off than many think at this point though. If we make it to the playoffs, the Braves and Padres will be very tough though.

Insert quote here.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #1077
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I don't have a problem with them not making a trade. We are in 1st place after all. St. Louis did us a favor by trading away Ludwig for a 4th started. They have not been good at scoring runs.
Ofcourse you don't have a problem, you are the eternal optimist with no subjective insights.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #1078
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Playoffs? Playoffs? Any Reds team that makes the playoffs at this point is a major upgrade from teams past in recent history. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm happy with a winning record this year. I think we will be better off than many think at this point though. If we make it to the playoffs, the Braves and Padres will be very tough though.
It is a good sign if they can end with a winning record, but past indications will show they will likely dump some of their best players in favor of a farm system that hasn't produced much (particularly in the batters box). To this point in the season it seems like a perfect storm that is keeping the Reds in the hunt (bad division, last at-bat wins and St. Louis playing like trash) and the offseason may do a lot more harm than good.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #1079
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Reds win! Reds win!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #1080
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Cards lose! Cards lose!

Insert quote here.