Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
Katmancross

Default Kristoff Criollo Robusto

Name:  kristoff badge.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  106.4 KB
I decided to do the Criollo blend first. I wanted a little buzz.
The Kristoff cigars are a work of art. A beautiful pigtail and a shaggy foot. Gorgeous.
Name:  krisoff not lit.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  109.6 KB
The innards are Olor Dominican, Cuban seed, and Nicaraguan. The wrapper is a Nicaraguan Habano Criollo.
I'm smoking the Robusto. 5.5 x 54.
I bring the stick to my nose I get the aromas of toast and cocoa. I keep sniffing because I can't stop. My wife walks in and just shakes her head.
The construction is excellent with an oily sheen. It glimmers in the light. I wish I had a better camera.
I clip with my Xikar back stop cutter. And I light up with my Blazer.
Smoke pours out on the first inhale.
The flavor at this point is toast, leather and wood. But within a couple of minutes, a tad bit of spice enters the flavor profile. There is also a musty flavor...earthy.
It doesn't take long before it becomes very complex. It boasts of toasted almonds and dried fruit. The spice circles these flavors and then caramel enters.
Name:  kistoff tv.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  108.5 KB
As the second third begins, the cigar turns sweet. It accents the nutty flavor beautifully.
It is definitely a medium body, full flavored stick.
I sip bottled water so as not to have anything interfere with the flavors.
The ash burns evenly and won't fall off.
The rest of the cigar alternates between all of the above flavors as the complexity increases..
Name:  kristoff glock1.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  95.9 KB
I start to get a little light headed and put the stick down for a bit. I'm watching Blade II and get caught up in the violence for a few minutes and then I pick up the cigar.
Name:  krstoff computer.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  117.2 KB
It's like Christmas as I'm given the present of all those flavors again. I smoke this puppy to the nub and want more.
These are not inexpensive cigars so I took my time smoking it. I got a solid hour from a robusto. Savoring it, I am sad when I finally have to put it down.
I've had a few Kristoffs before and knew, going in, I was in for a treat. The cigar did not disappoint.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice
Default Re: Kristoff Criollo Robusto

See, now this review I enjoyed, and not just because I'm a Kristoff ho.
Nicely written.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Awesome review brother. Those are some great cigars!!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
Katmancross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
Awesome review brother. Those are some great cigars!!!!
Thanks, Larry
Old 01-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
GHC_Hambone

Sounds like a damn good cigar! I love criollos. Nice review.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
Katmancross

Can anyone tell me how to make my photos full size instead of thumbnails?
I'm forced to use my phone camera for all of these photos. This isn't the reason, is it?
Old 01-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
WNY

Well I don't know what you are using to upload them but if you use photobucket do as follows.

In PhotoBucket click on the "more options" link under the "upload images" button on the top of the page. Set that to600x800 15" monitor and click the save button.

After that all of the pictures you post from photobucket will be uploaded at that size.

If however that is not how you are uploading them I would suggest you give them a try. It's free you can keep all of your images backed up on line with them and It's super easy to work with.

If you take pictures from your phone just E-Mail them to yourself via a picture msg or actual E-Mail if your phone has it. from there you can upload to your cpu and have them there on hard disk and you can either keep them or put them right on Photo Bucket from there and not have to worry about taking up space on your cpu. Although I do use USB stick drive to keep all my photos on as a backup not everyone does this.

I hope this is of some relevance to you and helps you out some.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
WNY

Oh and by the way. Nice review =P I also enjoy this cigar quite a bit.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
Katmancross

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNY View Post
Well I don't know what you are using to upload them but if you use photobucket do as follows.

In PhotoBucket click on the "more options" link under the "upload images" button on the top of the page. Set that to600x800 15" monitor and click the save button.

After that all of the pictures you post from photobucket will be uploaded at that size.

If however that is not how you are uploading them I would suggest you give them a try. It's free you can keep all of your images backed up on line with them and It's super easy to work with.

If you take pictures from your phone just E-Mail them to yourself via a picture msg or actual E-Mail if your phone has it. from there you can upload to your cpu and have them there on hard disk and you can either keep them or put them right on Photo Bucket from there and not have to worry about taking up space on your cpu. Although I do use USB stick drive to keep all my photos on as a backup not everyone does this.

Thanks, Tony.
I do the latter. Upload to my CPU and then grab the photos from there.
I can't seem to get the knack of photobucket. I've tried and tried and am doing something wrong.
I guess it's time to ask my daughter for a favor. But she just started a 24 hour shift saving lives. And then she sleeps all day tomorrow. And then I have to go do a sleep apnea sleep study test tomorrow night. I want new CPAP equipment and this is the only way to do it. I will grab her Thursday.
Thanks for the help.
I shall overcome.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
WNY

Ah no worries boss. I found it to be pretty easy. Let me see if I can put it into words...

Open your photobucket account.

Click the upload image button.

Click upload from my computer.

Find the file you want select it.

Photobucket uploads it for you.

--------------------------------------------------

When it is time to post it just single click the img and a little box popsl up.

Copy the "Direct Link" address.

When you are ready to post it just make your post as normal and wherever you want the picture to be in your message simply insert it between the following:

[img][/img]

no space between brackets

it would look like this.

[img]imagelinkgoesherewithnospacesbetweenbrackets[/img]

just like that!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #11
Katmancross

Quote:

Ok. I changed the size and saved them. But then when I get to my album it seems the only way to copy is use the "Share" list and I don't know which one to use. I tried a couple and when I tried to upload from the url, it tells me the image is too large or invalid.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #12
WNY

Lets see if that worked.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #13
WNY

huh yeah wierd
Old 01-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #14
WNY

i just tried posting in the manner I explained to you and it did not work on the size. That's weird because when I post on other forums I do it the same way and it comes out the proper size. Let me see what I can do to figure it out
Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #15
Katmancross

Quote:
i just tried posting in the manner I explained to you and it did not work on the size. That's weird because when I post on other forums I do it the same way and it comes out the proper size. Let me see what I can do to figure it out
You're in the will
Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #16
WNY

Well when I go to photobucket I just select the " My Albums " tab at the top. From there I find the photo I want and then with just a single click on the photo a little box drops down with several url links for posting. The one I select is Direct Link. That lets the site host the picture. Let me try hosting it myself and see if i can fix the sizing
Old 01-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
WNY

test

Last edited by WNY; 01-25-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:28 PM   #18
WNY

Well I am unable to resize your images with them looking good. What I would suggest is that if you still have the images on your phone that you text message them to your e mail and try again to upload them into photobucket with the new default upload size you now have. i don't know if it is because I copied them from you at that small size or what but I can't get those particular photos to post up as I normally would be able to. i tried some of my photos with this site and they all seem to go up just fine. if you find that after you have tried re uploading them to photobucket and they still won't post right maybe you can text message them to me and we can see if I can send them to myself and have them resized. It could just be your phone. Not sure.

Of course maybe someone else with a little more experience with this site and It's workings has a better solution for you but for right now this is all I can do for you.

I am sorry.

Last edited by WNY; 01-25-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
timj219
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (15)
Partagas
timj219 will become famous soon enoughtimj219 will become famous soon enough

I love all the kristoffs. The vengeance cigars are good too. I'm going to buy a box of one of these kristoff lines but I really can't decide which I like best. Guess I'll just keep buying the kristoff/vengenace sampler til one of them hits me. It's a good problem to have
Old 01-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #20
Katmancross

Quote:
Originally Posted by timj219 View Post
I love all the kristoffs. The vengeance cigars are good too. I'm going to buy a box of one of these kristoff lines but I really can't decide which I like best. Guess I'll just keep buying the kristoff/vengenace sampler til one of them hits me. It's a good problem to have
I have all 5 Kristoffs:
Criollo
Maduro
Sumatra
Ligero Criollo
Ligero Maduro

I will post a new one each day, starting today. And then I will enter Kristoff re-hab.