Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 11-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #41
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Lets talk Ozone Air Purifiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
It seems this ships from the Apt next door (actually up the coast but they must have tossed it on the truck or had Fran deliver it on her way home) as it got here less than 24 hours after ordering it.

I have read up on it as well and as far as health concerns most of what I read said if you have it in a room with you to put it on the lowest setting, the irritation is on mucus membranes, you know you are creating something other than oxygen using it, so your nose, throat and lungs can get irritated from heavy amounts of the 03.

Considering the above information and the fact I have a giant Jew nose, I will most likely be running it on low overnight in the living room with my bedroom door closed then air out the room when I go to work in the morning.

To Dom's point I probably shouldn't have read all the online information and health warnings.
Holy crap that was fast!!!!

Can't wait to hear how it did for you.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:55 AM   #42
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I ran it overnight with the O3 setting on medium (had my bedroom door closed) after a day of not only cigars but cooking a steak in a cast iron skillet and the fireplace, there was a marked difference in the morning, granted you can smell that 'hydrogen peroxide' smell but it's a clean smell compared to all the smoke from the night before.

I like that you can run the 03 and Purification separate, that being you can run it just for dust and pollutants in the air without cranking up the 03.

So far so good and for the price (saving 50%) it's hard to complain, I'd say it pasted the first test with flying colors.

Of course the caution below, so some of you probably should operate at your own risk

AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:03 AM   #43
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Oh crap, that warning page rules me out (reduced mental capacity), but darned if I am not going to buy one anyway!
markem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:10 AM   #44
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I actually laughed when I saw that, talk about trying to cover your ass as best you can. "....but Your Honor, clearly the plaintiff is a mo-ron!"
Old 11-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #45
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

I'd be more scared of the bolts of lightning that can shoot out if you remove the cover.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #46
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like a winner Adam....thanks for the review.

I installed insulation on my garage door yesterday and had a couple of friends over to bust the cherry on the man cave. Had the door cracked since it was 65 out yesterday, but as the night came it dipped and we got cold, so I turned on the heater and closed the door.

Eventually I turned off the heat and was fairly comfortable in there. The smoke did linger of course......so I need to get off my butt and get this.

Had to open the garage last night after everyone left, and this morning for a bit to get rid of the smell.

This has me excited though.

Adam, I didn't look, but does it say how many square inches this covers? The LA covers 3,500.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:24 AM   #47
AdamJoshua

They claim 3500 SF, you don't have to run it long in a small space that's for sure. Also you could probably use just the purify part and turn the 03 control to off if you wanted to use it more aggressively while you smoke in there (that's if the hydrogen peroxide smell gets to you).
Old 11-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #48
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
They claim 3500 SF, you don't have to run it long in a small space that's for sure. Also you could probably use just the purify part and turn the 03 control to off if you wanted to use it more aggressively while you smoke in there (that's if the hydrogen peroxide smell gets to you).
Did you order the one off Amazon or the LA? I assume Amazon, but not 100% sure.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:37 AM   #49
AdamJoshua

Yes I grabbed the one from Amazon. Looks like the same exact machine just rebranded.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:03 AM   #50
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Curious to hear if you develop any sort of "residue" from running the O3?
Old 11-16-2015, 02:32 PM   #51
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Yes I grabbed the one from Amazon. Looks like the same exact machine just rebranded.
Awesome! That's exactly what I was looking for........Thanks
Old 11-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #52
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I'm bringing this one back from the dead. I did a search on air purifiers and this one seemed like the most traffic.

I was at the shop last night and was looking though the latest issue of Cigar Press, and came across an advertisement for Lightning Air

http://lightningair.com/

The price isn't too terrible, but still a little high. I went onto Google and typed in lightning air to see if any cigar groups have discussed it....the 1st thing that popped up was Amazon of course that showed this:

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Pr...66DS7NVDW3DZ9G

For a much better price, I also seen the original LA with an initial $129 or something with an Amazon card and pay off the rest in 6 months or something.

357 you said you have this one.......is it still working for you?

Dom.....still using yours?

Anyway, I do not smoke in my house, only in my garage or deck. I was looking at this for the garage for the winter, so I could keep the garage door down without the wife *****ing about the smoke seeping into the house. I also have allergies, and this states it's ideal for people with allergies and what not.

Anyone have any experience with these? Is one better than the other?

Discuss
My parents had one that I used. It worked great but did eventually fail after 5-8 years of use. I am definitely considering buying one for myself now that I own my own home.
Old 11-28-2015, 06:52 AM   #53
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Dom.....still using yours?
Yes, Mickey, I still use mine. However, now that I have a dedicated cigar room I don't need to run it every time I smoke.
I really don't care if my cigar room smells like cigars.
I just turn it on to freshen it up a bit.
I run it about once a month in the winter and about once every 6 weeks in the warmer months.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #54
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Yes, Mickey, I still use mine. However, now that I have a dedicated cigar room I don't need to run it every time I smoke.
I run it about once a month in the winter and about once every 6 weeks in the warmer months.
Nice! Thanks for the update

Adam....another update?

Will probably pull the plug on one in a few weeks.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #55
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Nice! Thanks for the update

Adam....another update?

Will probably pull the plug on one in a few weeks.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:30 PM   #56
AdamJoshua

Still working great, I only run the 03 when I'm out of the house, then turn it off when I come home and crank up a big fan to air the place out for a few minutes. I've been smoking in here and many nights of the fireplace, the air purifier works really well I leave that on when I smoke and it helps.

Again I'm running it in a fairly small room that's why I'm only doing 03 when I'm out.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:30 AM   #57
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

I am looking at air purifiers for my garage. I'd like it to run every time the garage door closes. Any suggestions?
Old 12-02-2015, 06:40 AM   #58
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Still working great, I only run the 03 when I'm out of the house, then turn it off when I come home and crank up a big fan to air the place out for a few minutes. I've been smoking in here and many nights of the fireplace, the air purifier works really well I leave that on when I smoke and it helps.

Again I'm running it in a fairly small room that's why I'm only doing 03 when I'm out.
Thanks for the update Adam.......Will be pulling the plug on this next week.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:22 PM   #59
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Just placed my order
Old 12-08-2015, 04:34 PM   #60
AdamJoshua

I look forward to your take on it, running the O3 in the room etc.,

Wait you ordered it this morning, did it arrive yet?