Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2009, 07:16 AM   #41
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, as we all know, the Eagles lost to the Cardinals and the Steelers won as well. Congrats to both teams moving forward and there's always next year for the Eagles. Today being MLK Day, we slept in a bit and as there's not much going on. I hope everyone has a great week and get's to enjoy a favorite or two or........
Old 01-20-2009, 03:56 AM   #42
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, today is the big day that President-Elect Obama takes the oath of office. We'll have the Emergency Operation Center activated just as a precaution in case some wacko or group of wackos try something in D.C. or other parts of the US on this day of history. Only time will tell what this new regime will bring and if in deed that they can turn our economy around. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......
Old 01-21-2009, 03:44 AM   #43
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the joe is brewin' and it looks like bagels are on this morning's breakfast menu. From yesterday's inauguration ceremony to the parades amd then finishing up with all the Balls, America has made history. We will now see what happens and in fact if we do have change. I just hope it's not a change for the worst. Anyway, I hope all of you have a "Happy HumpDay" and enjoy a favorite cigar if you get the chance.......
Old 01-22-2009, 03:54 AM   #44
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and yes, the coffee is on as always. It looks like we have a break in the cool winter blast comin' our way with temps reaching into the upper 30s tomorrow. Here's a quick look as to what is forcasted for the next 7 days:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

Anyway, today being it's Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying a couple of primo sticks and catching up on the past weeks news. If your close by and have the time, come on by and join in on the fun. If your not in the area, I hope you have a great day as well and enjoy........
Old 01-23-2009, 03:46 AM   #45
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and a ig TGIF!!!! We had a great time last night at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars with a packed crowd of the Thursday night crowd and few ole' faces I haven't seen in a while. We took care of some business as far as the upcoming Quad State Herf IV and we definitely have a Standby List now. I will do my best in letting all that want to attend be a part of this great "Cause" but I want to ensure that there is still room for all to enjoy and be comfortable. As far as this weekends big sporting event, I'll be watching the Rolex 24 At Daytona which starts Saturday at 1530 (3:30pm). It's the unofficial kick off for the racing season and for all you motor heads out there, here is the link for your convenience:

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...t-Daytona.aspx

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend and you get to enjoy a favorite or two or........
Old 01-24-2009, 06:33 AM   #46
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all as I've been up since 0430 (4:30am) checkin' emails, replying to PMs and making the morning coffee. I try my darndest to be quiet in the morning but that ole' coffee grinder seems like the loudest thing in the neighborhood . Well, we are exactly two weeks away from the Quad State Herf IV and there are still a few of you out there that I haven't heard from since you signed up. If your name is on the list and you can not attend, let me know so the ones on the Standby List can be moved over to the Guest List. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and takes the time to enjoy a favorite stogie today.......
Old 01-25-2009, 05:18 AM   #47
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Had a good day yesterday hanging out with the fellas at Schlesingers / Hudson Valley Cigars and then coming home to enjoy a great meal with Beth and relaxing on the sofa watching the Rolex 24 from Daytona race track. They televised it from 1500 (3pm) till 2200 (10pm) and then it will be back this morning from 0700 (7am) till 1600 (4pm). Here is a link to give you more info about the race if interested:

http://www.racetickets.com/grand-ame...24-at-daytona/

I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well.......
Old 01-26-2009, 03:45 AM   #48
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Yesterday's Rolex 24 had the closest finish in the history of 47th anniversary of the race with the #58 Brumos Racing Porsche Riley team winning. Congrats to the drivers David Donohue, Darren Law, Buddy Rice and Antonio Garcia. For more info, click here:

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...-Thriller.aspx

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys. Remember, if you're attending the Quad State Herf IV and you haven't sent in your donation as of yet, they are due by this Saturday the 31st........
Old 01-27-2009, 04:22 AM   #49
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0400 (4am) and I'm ready for some good Army chow. The weather guessers are calling for a good storm to hit some time tonight as it's making its way across the US right now. Here is a link to www.noaa.gov to give you a better idea:

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/ECIR4.html

They are calling for a mixture of snow, frozen rain and sleet. Makes for a tough ride into work and even worse for the kiddies on school buses and the ones that walk. I hope everyone in it's path is prepared for it and be careful out there. Enjoy the day and I'll talk with you all later on.......
Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #50
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Well, the weather guessers were correct this time and we have a nice storm presently hittin' us. We had an Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call this morning at 0400 and have come to an agreement that West Point will be closed "Code Red" all day. Here is the link for the West Point site that will give you the exact explanation wat a Code Red is:

http://www.westpoint.edu/WeatherCond...SnowPolicy.htm

USMA Snow Policy (Non-emergency positions)

"WEST POINT IS CODE RED."
Only employees in emergency positions should report to work. Employees in non-emergency positions should not report to work until their next regularly scheduled workday.

This is very good as I have some administrative stuff to get done for the upcoming Quad State Herf on the 7th and I might as well get it done today. I hope everyone has a happy "Hump Day" and enjoys........
Old 01-29-2009, 03:59 AM   #51
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the joe is brewin' and has been since 0330 (3:30am) since we had another Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call this morning at 0400. The majority of the civilian force that works on post lives over the Storm King mountain which is to the north and the roads that get you there are icey than ever. Hopefully by the time I leave here, the road crews have put down enough salt / sand to break it up. Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying a primo stick or two and exchanging the weeks fishing stories. If you have the time and you're close by, come on over and join in on the fun. If you're a ways away, I hope you have a great evening as well and enjoy.........
Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 AM   #52
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and a big TGIF!!!!!! Well, we had a great time last night at Schlesingers hangin' out with a packed house of regulars in the Hudson Valley Cigar shop which filtered into the cigar bar. I talked with Neal & Glynna the owners in reference to a few items about next weeks Quad State Herf and things are coming along very nicely. The tent man is coming over today to check out the area for that, Mark (mrtapes) is hooking up the sound system (thank you brother as always), and we are good to go for all that will be ordering appetizers between 2 - 4 pm as the main restaraunt doesn't open till 4:30. We'll have 2 bartenders on and when it does get busy, there will be addational help to serve and clear tables as needed. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys watching the Superbowl with a special stick or two.......
Old 01-31-2009, 04:43 AM   #53
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. I've got a little running around to do today but for the most parts, I'll be relaxing over at Schlesingers / Hudson Valley Cigars and then this evening taking Beth out for a nice Saturday evening dinner.

We are exactly 1 week from the Quad State Herf and I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm getting a little excited and anxious!!!!

I hope everyone has a great day as well and gets to enjoy a favorite cigar or two or........
Old 02-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #54
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone and as always, the coffee is on. Well, today is Superbowl Sunday. Good luck to both team and I hope the game is close to make it enjoyable to watch. Beth and I plan on headin' over this afternoon to one of our niece's house to enjoy some pre-game festivities and if the weather is nice enough, hang out side with the fellas to smoke some cigars as well. Today's weather looks to be in the upper 30s according to www.noaa.com. Here is the link and the two important dates that I'm looking at is today for the game and next Saturday for the Quad State Herf which looks to be nice as well:

Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 37. West wind between 7 and 11 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0489

I hope all of you have a super Sunday and get to relax as well with family and friends doing what you enjoy doing the best.......
Old 02-02-2009, 03:59 AM   #55
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. Well, I've been trying to order my CigarFest 2009 tickets since 0500 this morning but their main server came to a screeching halt and hasn't been back up yet. I'll try in a little bit and see if they have resolved the problem. Well, congrats to the Pittsburg Steelers and all of their fans for winning their 6th Superbowl. It was a great game all the way to the end, the veiwers couldn't have asked for a better match up. Now we have NASCAR that starts this Saturday evening down in Daytona with the Bud Shootout and in 2 weeks we have the Daytona 500. Pitchers and catchers report in a 11 days and the spring time is on it's way. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and remember that the Quad State Herf is in 5 days.......
Old 02-03-2009, 03:52 AM   #56
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, we had another Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call this morning at 0400 which equates to that I've been up since 0330. We only received roughly 1" of snow so far but the mountain (Stoney Lonesome) has ice in certain locations and the housing area on West Point is in the same shape. The salt trucks are out and hopefully by the time the majority of the workforce goes into work, the roads will be clear. Anyway, we are within 4 days now of the Quad State Herf and I have found my dancin' shoes. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys a favorite cigar if you get the chance.........
Old 02-04-2009, 02:40 AM   #57
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and as always, the coffee is on. Yesterday's little 3 inches of snow was worst than the last few storms where we got 6 inches plus. There were car accidents all over and they closed the main road going over Storm King Mountain resulting from it. We had to go all back roads around the moutain which turned a 20 minute ride into 2 1/2 hours. I did get to talk with a number of BOTL which was cool but the ride still sucked going 10 miles per hour. Anyway, we are 2 days and a wake up from the annual Quad State Herf and almost everything is done. I hope everyone has a "Happy Humpday" and enjoys.........
Old 02-05-2009, 03:40 AM   #58
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it looks like bagels are on this morning's breakfast menu. I've been watching the weather guessers at www.noaa.gov for the past few days to see the trend for this weekends Quad State Herf and it's actually looking good:

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Light wind becoming south between 11 and 14 mph.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of snow showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 47.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

The party tent goes up tomorrow and at the same time I'll be home (taking the day off) making goodie bags and doing those last minute things to ensure this event will be a big hit. Today being Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars tonight enjoying a couple of ceegars and talkin' with the local S / BOTL. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys as well.........
Old 02-06-2009, 03:49 AM   #59
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and a big TGIF!!!! Well, we had good last night at Schlesingers / Hudson Valley Cigars smoking primo stogies and talkin' about the upcoming Quad State Herf this Saturday. We also talked quite a bit about the fact that CigarFest 2009 sold out so quick and that only a few of us got tickets and the other dozen of the regulars didn't get a chance to get theirs. If any of you have extra tickets, just let me know and I've got a number of S / BOTL that will buy them right away. Today I'm only working till 1130 so I can make goodie bags for the event and organize all the door prizes and raffle items. I hope everyone has a great day and for you all that are traveling today to get to NY, be safe and take your time. Enjoy a stick or two and I'll be back on later on.......
Old 02-07-2009, 05:46 AM   #60
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and today's the Quad State Herf IV, woooooo hoooooo!!!!! Rick (rrick57), my wife Beth and I packed up over 110 boxes of cigars in goodie bags yesterday afternoon. We already had 30 boxes pre-packed and Altadis USA, Oliva and a couple of others will be at the event handing out cigars as well. All-in-all, everyone will leave with roughly 20 cigars a piece and then there are the raffle items that totally blew me away. So in roughly 7 hours the fun will begin. Remember the admin notes and parking map that I posted on the Herf thread Feb 4th to make things go nice and smooth. Safe travels for all of you driving and don't forget your cameras. I hope everyone has a super day and enjoys........

Oh yeah, the coffee is on!!!!