Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-09-2023, 03:39 AM   #4321
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY this evening. Tax Day was in the positive for us, so Beth and I are happy. As the lady who prepared our taxes and the auditor stated at the end, "you two can take a small vacation now". I hope everyone else is in the positive, enjoy your day all and hope to see some of you tonight......
Old 03-09-2023, 06:41 AM   #4322
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Most years I end up owing and paying the feds, while getting a tiny refund from the state. I'll pay Uncle Sammy right at the deadline, just so I don't get sent on vacation to the Graybar Hotel.
Old 03-10-2023, 03:57 AM   #4323
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's finally Friday! We had a great time at Aroma last night, the place was packed and all. We have some snow coming in tonight through mid-day tomorrow here in the Hudson Valley according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...unit=0&dd=&bw=

Sports wise, the NASCAR drivers are in Phoenix, AZ this weekend; the NY Rangers won last night in OT and will be back on the ice tomorrow and Sunday. Enjoy your weekend everyone......
Old 03-10-2023, 09:04 AM   #4324
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 03:42 AM   #4325
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's back to work Monday ( even though I only have a 2 days to work this week ). We had a great weekend: Went to Aroma Cigar Room Saturday and hung out with the fellas and then came home to an Irish dinner prepared by Beth; yesterday, we went to the Goshen St. Patrick's Day parade and had a good time. Wednesday, a number of us are flying down to West Palm for this year's Great Smoke. They are calling for anywhere from 5 to 9 inches of snow starting tonight into tomorrow evening. As long as it's done by tomorrow night and the roads are clear Wednesday morning, we're flying Wednesday at 1030 (10:30 AM). The NY Rangers split this weekend with a win and a loss which was in overtime and a big congrats to William Byron for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race and winning two weeks in a row. I hope you all have a great week and enjoy it as well.......
Old 03-14-2023, 03:40 AM   #4326
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the espresso coffee is on and it's a snowy Tuesday here in the Hudson Valley. West Point has already called a "Code Red", meaning only essential personnel make it to work. The rest of us will telework and stay safe at home. So far, we have gotten a few inches with another 6 to 8 inches expected throughout the day. Stay safe everyone and enjoy......
Old 03-14-2023, 06:40 AM   #4327
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

After "A Few Good Men" came out, I'm surprised anyone in the military calls ANYTHING a "Code Red".
Old 03-15-2023, 03:53 AM   #4328
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the espresso is on again and I'll be heading to the West Chester Airport in less than 2 hours. Great Smoke, here we come. I'll be posting pictures and updates throughout the weekend and checking in daily. Enjoy everyone and hope to see of you there as well...... 🇺🇸

https://www.thegreatsmoke.com/
Old 03-20-2023, 03:34 AM   #4329
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's finally back to work Monday. We had a great time down in sunny South Florida but it's was time to come home to be with Beth after 5 days with the fellas. We had a great big house for the 7 of us with room for more; went down to the Smoke on Water Cigar Lounge in Weston during the day on Thursday and then partied with Jonathan Drew and the crew at the Boynton Beach Smoke Inn all evening; Friday we went down to the MyFather Headquarters in Doral (Miami) and spent 5 hours with the Master Don Pepin Garcia, Pete Johnson, Janny Garcia Johnson, and Jose Ortega. Pepin rolled for us and we talked cigars in the Hurricane Lounge with Jose O. while enjoying top shelf stogies. Saturday was off the charts at the main event and our flight home yesterday was on-time. We got to see and spend time with so many friends in the business, I am grateful to all and can hardly wait to see them all again soon. Enjoy your week everyone and as I always say, be careful out there.......
Old 03-21-2023, 03:47 AM   #4330
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like we'll have a beautiful day here in the Hudson Valley according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...5#.ZBl6-R0pCi4

We got some sad new yesterday that a very dear friend and cigar brother passed away suddenly. Francisco A. DioDonet, aka: Dee. He was one of the crew that was supposed to got to the Great Smoke this year but was not doing well. Rest in peace my brother, you will be dearly missed and never forgotten....... 💔
Old 03-22-2023, 03:44 AM   #4331
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 and it's already "Hump Day". Got some yard work done yesterday afternoon as the temps were in the mid 60s. Beth fired up the grill and we had double cut pork chops, sweet potato fries and broccoli and prepared on the Weber. Enjoy everyone......
Old 03-23-2023, 03:49 AM   #4332
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it’s Thursday which means that we’ll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening. I checked NOAA earlier and they are predicting rain off and on throughout Saturday. Keep your umbrella close by as it is Spring time now and all. Enjoy your day all and we to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight……. 🤘
Old 03-24-2023, 03:23 AM   #4333
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it’s Friday! We had a great time at Aroma last night as the place was packed and we all raised our glasses in honor and memory of our dear friend Francisco A. DioDonet. Sports wise this weekend, there’s too many to list: NHL, NASCAR NBA, MLB Spring Training, both men’s and women’s college basketball playoffs, etc. I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys……
Old 03-27-2023, 04:00 AM   #4334
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 and it?s back to work Monday already. We had a relaxing weekend overall: Beth and I went out to Brother?s BBQ Friday for dinner followed up by going to our Goddaughter?s high school play; Saturday, I went to the Celebration of Life for our friend Francisco DioDonet; yesterday, Beth and I went to the matinee play to see our Goddaughter again and it was another smashing hit. We ended the weekend with dinner at Citrus Restaurant (a blend of Indian and Thai food) which was very tasty http://citrusny.com/. I hope you all have a great week and enjoy……
Old 03-28-2023, 03:55 AM   #4335
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it’s brisk morning here in the Hudson Valley. We have another busy day today at West Point as we prepare for our annual “Active Shooter“ exercise tomorrow. A lot of preparations go into it to make a successful exercise and get the outcome that is desired. Have a great day all and enjoy…… 💯
Old 03-29-2023, 03:50 AM   #4336
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it’s already “Hump Day”. We have a busy day today at West Point as we’ll exercise the EOC with our annual Force Protection - Active Shooter Exercise. It’s an annual requirement and it also keeps everyone on their toes. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys……. 👍
Old 03-29-2023, 06:54 AM   #4337
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

Hope all goes well. We had drills like that related to all sorts of potential emergencies faced by the fire service, often involving other FDs, the police, etc. It could be about a fire, hazmat, explosion, any sort of mass casualty situation we thought could ever happen. Some were good learning experiences, others were cluster effs, yet others were over-choreographed, if you know what I mean. Hope yours today is one of the good ones.
Old 03-30-2023, 03:47 AM   #4338
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it’s Thursday which means we’ll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY this evening. We had a successful Force Protection Exercise yesterday, all training requirements were met to standards. I hope you all have a great day and we get to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight. Enjoy…… 🇺🇲
Old 03-31-2023, 04:01 AM   #4339
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it’s Friday! A big congrats to the Yankees on their 5 - 0 opening day win yesterday over the Giants, way to go fellas. We had a great time last night at Aroma celebrating and watching the Mets win as well. Sports wise this weekend, there’s plenty of action with MLB, NHL, NASCAR and more. Enjoy everyone and hope you get to relax as well……. 🌞
Old 04-03-2023, 03:43 AM   #4340
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it’s back to work Monday. We had a good weekend, hung out with the fellas Saturday at Aroma and the relaxed out back with Beth later in the afternoon. Yesterday, we fired up the grill and watched some MLB baseball, women’s NCAA Championship and the end of the NASCAR race. Have a great week all and enjoy……