Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
SEC play of the week for me was Julio Jones' one-handed touchdown grab

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=302470333
Nah. The play of the week was Kevyn Cooper's catch on that 4th and 15 long ball for Jacksonville State which delivered a 1-footed touchdown landing and subsequent set up for the defeat of Ole Miss on the conversion.

...I mean c'mon. Jacksonville State!?! Anyone beating up Hootie Dale Nutt is great in my book... But a div2 rent-a-win cupcake school?? It was GLORIOUS.

Oh and it was a great catch!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #122
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

I was disappointed in Ole Miss. But of the two coaches in the SEC who I am never surprised if they blow one, Les Miles and Houston Nutt, one blew it and the other came close.

As Richie says, "Houston Nut is crazier than a bag of weasels." and it is undoubtedly true
Old 09-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #123
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I was disappointed in Ole Miss. But of the two coaches in the SEC who I am never surprised if they blow one, Les Miles and Houston Nutt, one blew it and the other came close.

As Richie says, "Houston Nut is crazier than a bag of weasels." and it is undoubtedly true
Mike, I hope you don't mind a small pictorial tribute to Houston Dale...just kind of seems appropriate at this juncture.

"Watch me gruntin', boys."

"Please, dear God, let him catch the hail mary."

"Ats'a way you do it boy, just like that right there."

"Eat your heart out Mangino."

"Damn, Jerry...that shine's got me seeing cack-eyed!"
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #124
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
one blew it and the other came close.
I guess it looked like that, and it can certainly be argued, but I am not sure who let off
the gas. Miles is not a real 'let off the gas' guy, so I think the play calling or the execution got
sloppy and LSU flirted with losing to, no rent-a-win for sure, BUT a self-depleted team that
played extremely tough. Those two formerly not-scheduled-to-play linebackers were a
couple of black tornados, weren't they?! THAT'S when things tightened up for LSU for sure.
Those two came in and proceeded to pop some leather. But for all the poof scheduling, first
game of the season drek on display in the SEC, it was nice to see a real game. I'll say this to
our lost in the wrong thread ACC lovers, "it ain't gonna be no cakewalk gettin by the Tarheels
in ought-ten."

HOW in the HELL did J State embarass the rebels like that? WOW, good for them.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #125
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Mike, I hope you don't mind a small pictorial tribute to Houston Dale...just kind of seems appropriate at this juncture.

"Watch me gruntin', boys."

"Please, dear God, let him catch the hail mary."

"Ats'a way you do it boy, just like that right there."

"Eat your heart out Mangino."

"Damn, Jerry...that shine's got me seeing cack-eyed!"
Those are all favorite photos for chopping and general satire over at the Woopig. They crack me up...

...Oh how I LOATHE Hootie Dale.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #126
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Week 2 notable matchups:

Auburn at Mississippi State

Penn State at Alabama

Oregon at Tennessee

Georgia at South Carolina

USF at Florida
Old 09-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #127
Powers

Bolivar

The game of the week in the SEC for me is Georgia at USC saturday. The outcome of that game could have big implications as I think the SEC east will come down b/w UF or USC. I got Spurrier's boys winning by 10
Old 09-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #128
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Penn State vs Bama might be a decent game but im interested to see how the Gaytors do against USF, thats not going to be a pushover game IMO. Esp after how terrible they looked last week.

But i will be at the Cocks vs Dawgs Battle.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:50 AM   #129
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

If Miss State could've had just a little more maturity on their side of the ball Auburn would not have stood a chance last night. Overall a good game. Now just waiting for the Tide to come in WOOT
Old 09-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #130
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The game of the week in the SEC for me is Georgia at USC saturday. The outcome of that game could have big implications as I think the SEC east will come down b/w UF or USC. I got Spurrier's boys winning by 10
MY MAN!!!!!

Go Gamecocks! I am a die hard Gamecock fan. Only 2 games ever matter to me--Clemson & Georgia. I think my might mighty gamecocks will take down both teams this year.

It is crazy some how Clemson fans* refuse to give any credit, ever. When S.C. wins a game, it is because the other team sucked or had a bad day. When S.C. loses, it is because they suck. Those same Clemson fans also refuse to believe they would get nowhere if they were in SEC, instead of ACC. A prime example of how weak ACC is was last year when the ACC #1 & #2 ranked teams (Georgia Tech & Clemson) were both beaten by mid/low ranked SEC teams (Georgia & S.C.).

*I said some fans, not all (even though it is most )

Last edited by hammondc; 09-10-2010 at 06:11 AM.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:51 AM   #131
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmokey View Post
If Miss State could've had just a little more maturity on their side of the ball Auburn would not have stood a chance last night. Overall a good game. Now just waiting for the Tide to come in WOOT

Agreed. Dan Mullen coached a great game. Agreed that with a little more maturity and or play execution they had Auburn in their sights. Nevertheless, I think Mullen is gonna get 'em to a bowl game this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
MY MAN!!!!!

Go Gamecocks! I am a die hard Gamecock fan. Only 2 games ever matter to me--Clemson & Georgia. I think my might mighty gamecocks will take down both teams this year.

It is crazy some how Clemson fans* refuse to give any credit, ever. When S.C. wins a game, it is because the other team sucked or had a bad day. When S.C. loses, it is because they suck. Those same Clemson fans also refuse to believe they would get nowhere if they were in SEC, instead of ACC. A prime example of how weak ACC is was last year when the ACC #1 & #2 ranked teams (Georgia Tech & Clemson) were both beaten by mid/low ranked SEC teams (Georgia & S.C.).

*I said some fans, not all (even though it is most )
I'm going to grad school in Clemson and know what ya mean. I would think its a two way street though. Thats part of the deal with big rivalries, to discount the wins of the other. I know thats what I always do w/UGA and Tennessee
Old 09-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #132
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'm going to grad school in Clemson and know what ya mean. I would think its a two way street though. Thats part of the deal with big rivalries, to discount the wins of the other. I know thats what I always do w/UGA and Tennessee
I sorta agree about the 2 way street. Clemson fans seem to really really really REAAAAAALLLLLLLLLY hate when the Gamecocks do well.

On another note. Clemson has an amazing campus. Damn good cheese and ice cream too. I used to bring home blocks of Blue Cheese when I visited friends there.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #133
Powers

Bolivar

Miami and FSU getting the @ss kicked out of 'em plus the Gators handling teams they're supposed to = great day to bleed Orange n' Blue!

Lookin' forward to watchin' Bama take care of business! Send Joe Pa to the retirement home
Old 09-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #134
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

The Gators finally started coming around in the second half. There were certainly some good things to build upon.

Loved seeing SOS lead the Cocks to a victory over the Dogs!!

I NEVER EVER want Miami to win a game... but I hated to see Half Ass U get used like they did against OK.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #135
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Bama is making PSU look like an ACC team
Old 09-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #136
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Go Gamecocks. That is all....
Old 09-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #137
Pass
Puff, Puff...

Razorback O isn't looking so swooft tonight. D has been solid up until this final ULM drive where they made a few stupid mistakes. Otherwise, D has been a wall. Our famed high scoring offense has been anything but. Ughhhhh.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #138
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post
Razorback O isn't looking so swooft tonight. D has been solid up until this final ULM drive where they made a few stupid mistakes. Otherwise, D has been a wall. Our famed high scoring offense has been anything but. Ughhhhh.
Oh, don't worry...they'll probably wake up against us in a couple weeks. For a team that has only given up 6 points and no touchdowns so far, something about this defense still concerns me.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:26 AM   #139
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Bama is making PSU look like an ACC team
Speakin' of ACC, JMU beating Virginia Tech was the best performance by James Madison since the Federalist Papers

(pardon my nerdy history jokes)
Old 09-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #140
Pass
Puff, Puff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Oh, don't worry...they'll probably wake up against us in a couple weeks. For a team that has only given up 6 points and no touchdowns so far, something about this defense still concerns me.
Honestly, it probably shouldn't. I mean, you HAVE seen Richardson run, right? I've got a sneaking suspicion that that guy is going to make us hurt. Ingram doesn't scare me as much as Trent. We'll see how our new defense really is against GA on Saturday. If our O doesn't step it up and start syncing then we don't stand a hopes prayer against Bama. Of course, if we do sync up... better hope your secondary stays strong or it'll be a shoot out.

I'm just glad this is a home game for us. God help us if it was in Tuscaloosa.