Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #21
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any AR15 experts out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavac View Post
How many of the posters here are members of ar15.com ? There's volumes of good information there.
Just stay clear of the general discussions
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #22
dogface_313

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
Just stay clear of the general discussions
Very true! Those GDs can melt your brain.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #23
Titan410
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Vince
Trading: (26)
Titan410 is on a distinguished road

I am. They have a cigar section too. Its not too active though.

Quote:
How many of the posters here are members of ar15.com ? There's volumes of good information there.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #24
Slavac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan410 View Post
I am. They have a cigar section too. Its not too active though.
Yep, they're who pointed me here originally.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #25
dogface_313

Quote:
Yep, they're who pointed me here originally.
Same here!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #26
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Bringing up an old thread instead of starting a new one. I know nothing about AR's, but when I was at the Cabelas outside of New Orleans earlier this year, I saw a few Bushemasters that I fell in love with. I don't know what it is about them, but I feel the need to have one. Mainly it'll be used for plinking but possibly some hunting. Doing a little bit of research so far, I like the looks of the Rock River A4's. And from the reviews, seems like a very good one to get. However, I have no idea what barrel length to get, or if any of the upgrade options are worth it or what they'll even give me.

So I'm hoping some of you hear can give me some pointers. I'm going to check out AR15.c o m to learn more there as well.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #27
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

I have a rock river car 4 which I love. Our dept issues bushmasters and for plinking they are fine I just like my car4 better. It has a more solid feel and has given me zero problems.

As for optics I use a vortex strike fire. It's a great optic for the price and I know a few people who have them and love them. It alot less then a aimpoint or EO tech and has given me zero problems and holds it's zero.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #28
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I have a Smith and Wesson M&P AR-15, I like it a great deal. I hardly consider myself an expert but it's been flawless so far. If you plan to use P-mags as I did, you will have to file them down a bit or else they won't fit.

30 seconds a mag and a metal file....works perfectly. Never had any jams or misfires but it will only take higher quality ammo, the cheap $hit won't fire (no steel case ammo).
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #29
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

+1 on Rock River Arms, I custom built mine, but you can't go wrong with anything they build, do your research and figure out what kind of shooting you'll be doing and what options will best suit your needs.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #30
Drez
The Warden

Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw View Post
+1 on Rock River Arms, I custom built mine, but you can't go wrong with anything they build, do your research and figure out what kind of shooting you'll be doing and what options will best suit your needs.
+1 on research. Read review and see what a local range has to shoot and try em out.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #31
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

I have a DPMS and have had no issues with mine. I carry a Bushmaster at work and prefer it over mine though.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #32
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info so far guys. Looks like I've got some research ahead of myself, but I'm up for the challange.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #33
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
I have a DPMS and have had no issues with mine. I carry a Bushmaster at work and prefer it over mine though.
Dpms are nice too.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #34
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Thanks for the info so far guys. Looks like I've got some research ahead of myself, but I'm up for the challange.
As far as barrel length, optics, etc it really depends on what and how you'll be shooting. I went shortest barrel and EO tech optics because I was mainly moving and shooting while working as a LEO and shooting IPSC. But if you're planning on shooting on a table or rest long distance you'll want a longer or heavy barrel and a scope with magnification.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:43 AM   #35
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Bob- Check out the Remington R-15. They can be picked up at most Gander Mtn. and Dicks Sporting Gds. stores. I thought you may like them since they come already camo'd.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote